5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Anyone else driving a beat up Maxima?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 11:15 PM
LithiuMax

Anyone else driving a beat up Maxima?

My car has ~5-6 various dents on the driver's side, a long key mark on the same side, and 2 good scratches on the front bumper, along with ~50 little scratches on the back bumper. I'm waiting for something to happen to the passenger side to claim insurance and repaint and repair the whole thing.. anyone else in the same boat?

Old 10-24-2004, 11:34 PM
Wat

no

{10char}
Old 10-24-2004, 11:52 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I have a bunch of door dings, a corner scratch on the front passenger side done by me when I turned into a parking spot too fast and caught the door of the next car, and a hit and run scratch right by my driver side rear corner... except for the door dings, all my crap can be buffed out but I've not gotten around to doing it yet....

How do ya claim insurance on all that, with the exception of the keyed scratch? What is it covered under?
Old 10-24-2004, 11:55 PM
Go BUCKS!!!

I have a few minor blemishes that I can only really see when I'm either washing the car or I'm really looking closely. Nothing worth spending money on getting repaired IMO.
Old 10-25-2004, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Puppetmaster
I have a bunch of door dings, a corner scratch on the front passenger side done by me when I turned into a parking spot too fast and caught the door of the next car, and a hit and run scratch right by my driver side rear corner... except for the door dings, all my crap can be buffed out but I've not gotten around to doing it yet....

How do ya claim insurance on all that, with the exception of the keyed scratch? What is it covered under?
Actually, that would be pretty hard to do. Most insurance companies will look at the photos taken by the body shop and see if they look consistent with whatever claim you're putting in. Let's say if you put in a comprehensive claim ( vandalism ), insurance adjusters know what a pressure or door ding looks like. Depending on the insurance company, you may be able to get away with it, but a lot of it depends on the shop too. Some insurance companies are a lot more strict. Some insurance companies we deal with at our shop basically just tell us to send them the final bill. Some we can't proceed with the repairs until they check each of our estimates. Also, like I said, it depends on the shop. I'm an estimator at our shop, and I personally, would never risk the chance of losing one of our insurance companies by trying to put in a fraudulant claim. We rely on them for every job. But, you may be able to find a shop that would. We typically schedule about a month out, so we're not exactly desparate for business. It all depends though!
Old 10-25-2004, 12:14 AM

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking... I've had a vandalism claim and a collision claim on my old car, both legit, and they were pretty thorough when it came to checking the car out against my report. I didn't think there was any way to get them to cover regular wear and tear damage, esp if the damage is in so many different areas.... door dings are a fact of life... ya don't like em, but ya gotta live with em most of the time...
Old 10-25-2004, 01:18 AM

Consider yourself lucky... I got about 4 dings on one door, one above the driver side wheel and one by the driver side rear door, deep scratch from going across the same door past the fuel tank, i dont even wanna talk about my rear bumper, forget about it.
I'm waiting to sell my maya wheels, exhaust and sarona body kit so that i can get it all fixed up and add some other stuff.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:30 AM
meh

Originally Posted by LithiuMax
My car has ~5-6 various dents on the driver's side, a long key mark on the same side, and 2 good scratches on the front bumper, along with ~50 little scratches on the back bumper. I'm waiting for something to happen to the passenger side to claim insurance and repaint and repair the whole thing.. anyone else in the same boat?
Oh no, not on polished titanium!

I suppose it's bound to happen, esp in day to day use in high populated areas though...

I don't have any door dings though. Lots o' rock chips, and a few light, hardly visible scratches from an animal of some sort cavorting around on my car, but other than that, not too shabby.
Old 10-25-2004, 06:30 AM
† ErV †

Must be a cali thing. Mine looks showroom new..

Old 10-25-2004, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by EvilRoadsVictim
Must be a cali thing. Mine looks showroom new..
Actually, it seems like an everywhere-else-but-GA thing... you're lucky man...
Old 10-25-2004, 09:37 AM

i have tons of little scratches all over the car. what great paint
Old 10-25-2004, 09:52 AM
It's business time.

I was...

Not anymore...

Now I just have other dings, scratches and chips.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:59 AM

inconsiderate POS drivers out there

Well,

Last weekend, someone left me with a 2 inch gash (metal exposed) on my hood and someone else scratched off the corner of my bumper (bad corner rash).

Just a weekend in NYC

straight-up a z z - holes
Old 10-25-2004, 10:07 AM

I love how maj. blue looks when it's all clean and scratch free. Unfortunatly, that lasts for all of about 2000 miles. At 45K now with tons of little scratches around the rear pillars, 2 long scratches on the hood, 5" long dent on hood from a deer incident, front bumper which looks like it was sandblasted, tons of swirl marks. I can't be bothered to fix any of this, eagerly waiting till '07 when the car's paid off. Will have this as my "beater" car then most likely.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by woosh
Well,

Last weekend, someone left me with a 2 inch gash (metal exposed) on my hood and someone else scratched off the corner of my bumper (bad corner rash).

Just a weekend in NYC

straight-up a z z - holes
dont forget those bumps and gashes courtesy of NYC parking.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:32 AM

my bumpers are all scratched and messed up

consequences of working in Washington DC
Old 10-25-2004, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by jeepik
my bumpers are all scratched and messed up

consequences of working in Washington DC
I never park my Max on the street in DC... the regular parking lots/garages in the DC/MD/VA area are bad enough cuz people around here open their doors like they're trying to kill something with it... most of the time, that ends up being my paint...
Old 10-25-2004, 10:41 AM

It also doesn't help that the paint on our cars is thinner than nail polish...
Old 10-25-2004, 01:17 PM

yea the paint is horrable... i wish they sold like a clear-car bra haha, would be scratch free
Old 10-25-2004, 03:39 PM
LithiuMax

Claiming insurance when you know people isn't hard at all.

Old 10-25-2004, 04:07 PM
Hind

I have a long indentation on the right side along the car, seems the previous owner backed out of his\her garage against the wall, not too much paint missing, but it goes all along the right side of the car, by the side skirts. Most people dont nodice it until i tell them because it looks normal, until I show them the other side of the car. ^_^

Old 10-25-2004, 04:25 PM

So my car isn't the only one all f***** up? I have yet to get the key marks fixed that extend from my driver side rear panel to my front corner panel in an up and down motion. I have about ten or twelve bad door dings, not to mention one from an SUV on my passenger front corner panel next to the hood that is about three inches long and about a half inch deep. Then there's the road rash, thanx for the great paint Nissan.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:28 PM

I hear you!

I can definitely relate to this thread! I have tried darndest to take good care of my 2K2 but it seems to be a losing battle. The paint on the front bumper is so speckled that it's hard to tell whether my car is sterling mist or black (i.e. primer) from the front. I used to have a rock deflector on the front which somewhat protected the hood from chips, but a dozen or so have still managed to surface, and to make matters worse, a "large" rock put a hole right through my deflector so I had to take it off. My side skirts on both sides of the car have many paint chips, and a couple of areas where the paint is chipped off in sections bigger than a quarter. My rims have curb rash. There are a couple of small door dings on both sides. My back bumper looks like it was a subject for a crash testing experiment....it has large scratches, paint gashes, and a small dent where the garage door closed on it. To top it off, I have already replaced one foglight after a rock smashed it, and my front window has half a dozen rock spiderwebs and needs replaced.

To make a long story short, my car is a mess and it is impossible to keep it in top shape in my part of the world. But I always feel better when I climb in, listen to the engine purr, and push the gas. It helps me forget the outside.
Old 10-27-2004, 02:03 AM

My car already had some minor nicks on the rear bumper plus the front has some scrapes on the very bottom(you have lay on your back to see it) when I bought it. Since I've owned it someone left a nice rubber mark on my right side below the side molding from the right rear door all the way to the bumper(you have to get on your hands and knees to see it & it's very faint & will probably rub out just not enough time) and I have a couple small spots on my hood where the paint has chipped. I think I have put a crease in the roof where the hose from the coin opperated car wash fell. Damn! All of these things are minor but bug me but at the same time if I get the rear bumper re-shot someone will rearend me. That's just how it works.
Old 10-27-2004, 02:09 AM

Oh yeah I almost forgot my right rear wheel just got some new rash last night as I was parking in the rain with the windows fogging. My headlight assemblies have pits in them from pebbles as well as the bumper. 63k happy miles =)
Old 10-27-2004, 07:20 AM

My car got keyed at a bar about 2 weeks ago and my insurance company is paying for a brand new paint job(thank god because i am almost broke ).
Old 10-27-2004, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by chris'smax
My car got keyed at a bar about 2 weeks ago and my insurance company is paying for a brand new paint job(thank god because i am almost broke ).

Any changes in your insurance rate?
Old 10-27-2004, 07:51 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I have a ding on the back seat drivers side door. Then on a hood a .5" ince circle where bird **** ate threw the clear coat and another 3" place of scratches from where I tried to get more bird **** off.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Max96GLE
Any changes in your insurance rate?
No they said it would not affect my rate, but i would loose some kinda good drivers discount that would apply to my next claim. It doesn't bother me since i plan on changing insurance companies this november.
Old 10-27-2004, 04:03 PM

Just a few nicks on the front end and one small scratch on the drivers side wheel well area. Nothing noticeable, I'm **** about stuff like that I hate driving around with a dented up knicked up car so does my wife.
Old 10-27-2004, 07:52 PM
Maxima addiction cured w/ the GS pill

I am proud of my baby. All i have is a small dent (prob from some careless soccer mom) in the middle of my pass front door.
Gotta get that fixed soon.
Old 10-27-2004, 08:11 PM

lemme see...
- Paint is all chipped away on the drivers side corner of my Front lip, finger width gap between drivers side headlight and bumper (both from running over a dog, on accident of course)
- Passenger side headlight is cracked on the inside and deep scratches on the outside from a little fender bender
- 1 inch scratch on drivers side door along w/ 2 dings
- only passenger side foglight is working, damn PIAA bulb only lasted 6 months
thats about it..hopefully nothing else happens..I actually got into 4 accidents w/in 2 weeks..had my car in the shop all in all for about a month, longest was when I got rear ended by some "nonpaying attention" female going 45mph..karma sucks ***!!
Old 10-27-2004, 09:23 PM

one ding on the door..
Tons of chips on my hood and bumper..
egg shell cracking of the paint on my trunk for some focking reason...
i try to take care of my car and it just looks like ****!
Old 10-27-2004, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by LithiuMax

living in San Francisco is tough.
Old 10-28-2004, 05:55 PM

I got my 2000 max used 3 years ago, it has the hood chips, a dent on the rear tire well, a bird sh*t mark on the hood and trunk, a few spider webs all over and a few dings on the doors. since then I've baby'd it and in 3 years had gotten only 2 small dings.
Last week I'm driving on Rt 80 doing the flow of traffic, 70mph, behind a truck. he ran over a construction sign or something and the f-n thing flew up about 3 feet into the air and smacked into the front bumper and bent onto my hood. the hood is all scratched up and I want to get it fixed, but I can't afford the deductible now. The scracthes took the pattern of the sign which was like 3 feet accross. the paint on the hood is completely gone at the scratches. I was so pi*sed because I was using the car for business, and they will not cover the deductible. uggg....
Old 10-28-2004, 08:19 PM

Bumper dents...

Before I wised up and bought a Max, I had a 2000 Mustang. My son and I were out car shopping, trying to trade the Mustang, he was 16 at the time. we were leaving the dealer in the Mustang and he backed right into a guys beat up ricer. Guy was real cool, said to forget about it, his other dents were way wose, I think he was afraid of the INS showing up, doubt he had a licenese. But the bumper on the Mustang was crushed, it was the corner passengers rear, like 6 inch indentation. My Mustang was flawless before that.

So my son and I sent home and took off the bumper, laid it in the grass, and stepped on the inside and pressed out the dent. The next day, it sat in the sun, and it was completely gone. You could not tell, even 6 inch away.

I ended up selling it.

So bumper dents can be removed.

Don
Old 10-29-2004, 05:58 AM

it's just not possible to keep those cars w/o scratches and dents, its considered as a normal wear and tear...
Old 10-29-2004, 11:21 AM

My door guard strip thing is all scratched up but it's definately doing it's job. I might use some touch up or maybe buy a new strip