5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Synchros

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 10:49 AM
It's business time.

Synchros

Does 1st gear for the 5-spds have synchros? Most cars don't right?
Old 11-10-2004, 12:00 PM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Originally Posted by ABDomega
Does 1st gear for the 5-spds have synchros? Most cars don't right?
Maximas have synchros in first. I would suspect all others build recently also have synchros as well.

Experiencing issues? Or researching?

BTW, go Bearcats!!!
Old 11-10-2004, 12:06 PM
It's business time.

No, I just heard misinformation. Of course 1st have synchros or you wouldn't be able to shift into it while rolling. I think for the last 20 years they've been making cars like that. I do have bucking issues though, like most 5-spders.

BTW, boo Bearcats, GO X!
Old 11-10-2004, 12:13 PM
Old Fuddy Duddy

No, I just heard misinformation. Of course 1st have synchros or you wouldn't be able to shift into it while rolling. I think for the last 20 years they've been making cars like that. I do have bucking issues though, like most 5-spders.

BTW, boo Bearcats, GO X!
Bucking...have you had the TSB performed for fuel cut?

Also depending on how bad/when it bucks it could be a variety of different issues as well. Could you explain a little more when/how it bucks? Mileage would be nice as well.

Gonna be a tough season for both squads this year. Cintas or the Shoe this year? NM...your house on Feb 3.

Old 11-10-2004, 12:21 PM
It's business time.

Originally Posted by Colonel
Bucking...have you had the TSB performed for fuel cut?

Also depending on how bad/when it bucks it could be a variety of different issues as well. Could you explain a little more when/how it bucks? Mileage would be nice as well.

Gonna be a tough season for both squads this year. Cintas or the Shoe this year? NM...your house on Feb 3.

I haven't had the TSB performed yet. Where is the link to the list of them? I get bucking usually due to clutch engagement (at least that is what I observe) in 1st and 2nd when I drive at a happy medium (not WOT but not too slow). Mileage is fine, I haven't noticed a difference in a while other than the drop in temperature effect.

Last year's CTSO was at Cintas, I was there it was an amazing game! What is your location?

Old 11-10-2004, 12:39 PM
Old Fuddy Duddy

I haven't had the TSB performed yet. Where is the link to the list of them? I get bucking usually due to clutch engagement (at least that is what I observe) in 1st and 2nd when I drive at a happy medium (not WOT but not too slow). Mileage is fine, I haven't noticed a difference in a while other than the drop in temperature effect.

Last year's CTSO was at Cintas, I was there it was an amazing game! What is your location?
TSB Post 7 I believe

Has the bucking been getting worse as the weather cools?
I was thinking more of total mileage (seeing if any warranty is available), versus gas mileage.

Location Cincinnati. Die hard UC fan, but X is ok as long as you speak "car".

EDIT: Nice touch with the X flag.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:38 PM
It's business time.

Originally Posted by Colonel
TSB Post 7 I believe

Has the bucking been getting worse as the weather cools?
I was thinking more of total mileage (seeing if any warranty is available), versus gas mileage.

Location Cincinnati. Die hard UC fan, but X is ok as long as you speak "car".

EDIT: Nice touch with the X flag.
No, the bucking has been the same since I bought it (45k approx. miles, car is in km.) I now have around 64k miles on the car and I've only had it a little under 1 year
Old 11-10-2004, 01:39 PM
It's business time.

How much would the dealer charge for this? I have an extended warranty up to 100k miles. Should I take off my intake if I go in?
Old 11-10-2004, 02:04 PM
Old Fuddy Duddy

How much would the dealer charge for this? I have an extended warranty up to 100k miles. Should I take off my intake if I go in?
If its not covered by warranty (not sure....dealers around here are not very good) then its a .7 hour labor charge to reflash the ECU. The Nissan dealerships around here are VERY fussy about having CEL and such to get ECU reflashed for warranty.

DONT GO TO KINGS. They did 1K+ of damage to my car to fix a small rattle in the dash.

I would try Jeff Wyler up off of 4 (N. of 275...I know...a truck from XU campus)

Or the one off of Colrain just one block north of Colraine and Ronny Reagan. Falhaber.

Maybe also we can get together and compare notes somewhere. I have had the ECU redone for the fuel cut, but I also have the new part MAF as well. I replaced it in a quest for mileage retrieval. I also have a 5spd. 01 model.
Old 11-10-2004, 02:15 PM
It's business time.

Ok so I am looking at around $50 for labor for a reflash to fix it? I've had pretty good luck at Falhaber, Jan there is fairly nice compared to other SM. I've got the updated MAF and a coil replaced, both under warranty. I've bought parts from Kings and Jeff Wyler.

I actually graduated from X in May and now I'm working at Sun Chemical in Winton Place. I live off or Ridge Ave and my girl still goes to X. Maybe we can meet up. Are there any other org members from the Cincinnati/No. KY area?
Old 11-10-2004, 08:07 PM
It's business time.

Bump

10 chars.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:07 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

I actually graduated from X in May and now I'm working at Sun Chemical in Winton Place. I live off or Ridge Ave and my girl still goes to X. Maybe we can meet up. Are there any other org members from the Cincinnati/No. KY area?
I used to play indoor soccer off of Ridge.

Sun Chemical...pigment company? What else do they do?

I work up in Forest Park, close to that wretched mall . I program industrial software for paper mills.

Have not really met up with anyone...doesnt seem to be a strong "area" for Maximas. I see a bunch of 2K2+'s...but not many 2K-2K1's.

Do you like German food/beer? Maybe we can meet up on Newport on the Levy? Haufbrau House or one of the many other places to eat/do things.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:37 AM
It's business time.

I played soccer in HS, I gave that up though. Yeah we manufacture pigments that go in almost anything.

Your job sounds pretty cool.

I see some 5th gens but none look like enthusiasts (they never even look at my car). I do see some modded 4th gens though.

I like Haufbrau House, I've been there a few times to drink but I've never eaten anything more than one of those soft pretzels from one of those fine ladies.

We could even just meet up somewhere during the day to compare cars.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:18 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

I played soccer in HS, I gave that up though. Yeah we manufacture pigments that go in almost anything.

Your job sounds pretty cool.

I see some 5th gens but none look like enthusiasts (they never even look at my car). I do see some modded 4th gens though.

I like Haufbrau House, I've been there a few times to drink but I've never eaten anything more than one of those soft pretzels from one of those fine ladies.

We could even just meet up somewhere during the day to compare cars.
Oh yes...the pretzel ladies =

Job is okey...it DOES give me the opportunity to travel word wide though on someone elses nickel.

I always look to see if a max has been modded...and am usually disappointed. Heck, I would be happy just to see clears...but alas. There is one black 4th up here that has a bunch of work on it...but never talked to him.

Meeting somewhere in the middle to just compare cars is okey dokey by me too. Next week is bad for me. But after that I should be fine schedule wise.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:29 AM
It's business time.

My car doesn't look at all modded, only slightly under the metal either. I haven't got clears yet, wasn't sure how police would feel about them? You haven't had any problems with them yet have you?

Let me know when you are free and we can set something up, no rush. I am going home (Buffalo, NY) for Thanksgiving though.

To get back on topic, have you gotten the fuel cut TSB done? Did they reset the ECU before they reflashed it? Did they charge you only for .7 of labor? Did it fix your problem or did you not have one to begin with? Are the symptoms of the fuel cut noticeable in neutral, because if so I don't think I have them. Just FYI, my car is from Canada so I have DRLs and VLSD.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:57 PM
It's business time.

Bump

again
Old 11-12-2004, 06:23 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

My car doesn't look at all modded, only slightly under the metal either. I haven't got clears yet, wasn't sure how police would feel about them? You haven't had any problems with them yet have you?

Let me know when you are free and we can set something up, no rush. I am going home (Buffalo, NY) for Thanksgiving though.

To get back on topic, have you gotten the fuel cut TSB done? Did they reset the ECU before they reflashed it? Did they charge you only for .7 of labor? Did it fix your problem or did you not have one to begin with? Are the symptoms of the fuel cut noticeable in neutral, because if so I don't think I have them. Just FYI, my car is from Canada so I have DRLs and VLSD.
I have had clears for the life of the car...I run colored bulbs and have not had issues *knock on wood*.

I got the fuel cut TSB done as part of the P0140 CEL (O2's). After a LONG fight about who was going to replace the o2's, I got them to cover the ECU under warranty for .7.

I did not "reset" the ECU prior.

I did have bucking getting on and off the gas...its MUCH less now..but I can make it do it. Over all, I would do it. Fuel cut symptoms are not noticable in neutral.

Being a Canada spec car, not 100% sure how that will/will not affect the problem.