5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

bee's in the exhaust....

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 05:26 AM

bee's in the exhaust....

I have a y-pipe and custom 2.25" pipe/no resonator from stock cat to stock muffler.
Recently, i've been noticing that when i floor it to higher rpms, i hear rattle/bee's in the can sound.
what could cause this sound?

thanks!
Old 12-03-2004, 05:33 AM

trashed flex in your y-pipe, what kind is it. And not having a resonator will slightly amplify the buzz.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:47 PM

i got the warpspeed y-pipe only about 4-5 months ago...
Old 12-03-2004, 03:58 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

i wouldnt say mine was buzzing when i had a y pipe, 2.25 b pipe w/o resonator and stock muffler but the tone was deeper than stock. when i went to headers, the exhaust got pretty raspy. i put in a 18" resonator and the raspiness was gone and a nice tone occured.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by purekoryo
i got the warpspeed y-pipe only about 4-5 months ago...
Me too. My exhaust was quiet until a couple months ago. I bought the warpspeed y-pipe and muffler. Their muffler IS ROTTING OUT after about 6 months of use. Has never seen salt or anything bad. The muffler is LOUD as hell now and I am about to purchase another muffler. I just wish somebody would sticky a warning about WARP**** products. He says he carries a 3 year rust proof waranty but I don't even feel like dealing with him again.

BTW: I emailed Dallas pics of my busted up B-pipe and heard no reply back. Called him twice before I emailed and he talked with me and then after I sent the pics I emailed him twice more with no Reply.

Rant over. I guess don't be surprised if your flex section sounds LOUDER and LOUDER after a few more monthS. Sorry to scare you. I wish somebody warned me too.

Mark
Old 12-03-2004, 05:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by mdloops
I bought the warpspeed y-pipe and muffler. Their muffler IS ROTTING OUT after about 6 months of use. Has never seen salt or anything bad. The muffler is LOUD as hell now and I am about to purchase another muffler.
Does Warpspeed really have their own muffler? Or did ya just get a Magnaflow fitted from em? Just curious... not that I'd ever get anything from em.... sorry to hear your pain, although I do remember you posting about it some time back...
Old 12-03-2004, 06:46 PM

It is not their muffler but Dallas told me it was a great muffler that is quiet. It is still Quiet cruising on the expressway but when I accelerate it is getting louder and louder.

http://www.warpspeedperformance.com/2002max.JPG
Pic of y-pipe for 02. I bought the same y-pipe and emailed him concerning the huge amount of stress on the flex section causing my b-pipe to slam into the cross member. He told me it was installation error. My y-pipe looks NOTHING LIKE THIS ONE. The flex section is bent because the bend in the front pipes are wrong. (tough to explain). Basically he blew me off. I don't even know how that y-pipe will fit unless the crossmember is removed or modified. The B-pipe will slam or rub on the crossmember. See how much room there is between the undercarriage and y-pipe? I had to put a flat crush in my b-pipe because it would rub uncontrollably. I had 3 CUSTOM EXHAUST SHOPS try to figure something out and each of them told me that y-pipe was not made to fit my car. They said there is no way they could make it work without putting a crush in the B-pipe.

http://www.warpspeedperformance.com/gxemuffler.jpg
I believe this is the muffler I bought. I am waiting for it to rust through. CHEAP CHEAP aluminum.

I don't know what to do now because I had to change the over the axel piece to accomidate this muffler and if I go back to stock muffler I will have to buy yet another over the axel piece. Somebody should really sticky something because Dallas is a snake.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:49 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by mdloops
It is not their muffler but Dallas told me it was a great muffler that is quiet.
Gotcha.. thanks... that's what I thought. Do'nt worry, I'd probably not get anything from them because of the childish competition bashing on their website.... just not something I agree with. Anyways, once again, sorry to hear about all the problems...
Old 12-03-2004, 06:51 PM

thanks puppet. I just wish there was a way to prevent somebody else from being taken advantage of so they don't have to waste hundreds of dollars like I did.

Mark