5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Beware of this guy (SS Shifter scam man)

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 07:50 AM

Beware of this guy (SS Shifter scam man)???

He pmed me on automotiveforums.com:

FastShift.com Maxima 2002-2003 Short Throw Shifter
FastShift.com Maxima 2004-2005 Short Throw Shifter

or email me at:
watkinsco@adelphia.net

FastShift.com Maxima 2004-2005 Short Throw Shifter
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=7943514202

He has an ebay rating of 2, 1 product only on his list, and 2 messages on af.com.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Just wanted to give you guys a warning. Is he for real because I can't tell

Mark
Old 12-29-2004, 10:57 AM

He just did a shifter for our maximas and a guy in the 6th gen forum said he was a good guy. Didnt he get the 5.5 gens the short throw shifters too? I saw his name a lot in the hpautoworks thread and thought he was the main guy doing these things. Just curious because I may be ordering from him soon.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:31 PM

Bump!! Someone has to know something about this guy.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:32 PM

I don't think so man. I could be wrong but if he worked for HP autoworks he would have said so. Also, to my knowledge there is no SS for the 6thgen.

Mark

"We build shifters for the 350Z, G35, 02-05 Sentra, 02-05 Altima, 02-05 Maxima. Usually sold directly to Nissan and sold thru their dealers. This offer will only be good for a short time."

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=363092

If you read the above thread first he says to call HPAutoWorks and tell them to develop one, then after about 6 people say they want one he misteriously produces a SS out of his a$$. If my perception of reality is scewed at this point please somebody tell me.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:09 PM
Bigger than Jesus

My HP STS says FastShift.com right on it. Maybe this guy was their fabricator??
Old 12-29-2004, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by mdloops
I don't think so man. I could be wrong but if he worked for HP autoworks he would have said so. Also, to my knowledge there is no SS for the 6thgen.

Mark

"We build shifters for the 350Z, G35, 02-05 Sentra, 02-05 Altima, 02-05 Maxima. Usually sold directly to Nissan and sold thru their dealers. This offer will only be good for a short time."

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=363092

If you read the above thread first he says to call HPAutoWorks and tell them to develop one, then after about 6 people say they want one he misteriously produces a SS out of his a$$. If my perception of reality is scewed at this point please somebody tell me.

You have no idea how wrong you are. I take extreme offense to you starting this thread and the content of this thread. Try doing a little more research before you start flaming people.
Old 12-29-2004, 06:01 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by company man
You have no idea how wrong you are. I take extreme offense to you starting this thread and the content of this thread. Try doing a little more research before you start flaming people.
"Extreme offense?" Gimme a break. The thread was started by a person ASKING about your reputation and history - asking other org members who might know you or might have dealt with you in the past.

Originally Posted by mdloops
Is he for real because I can't tell
You've been a member for -wow- a whole month with 19 posts....WE don't know you from a hole in the wall. And the one or two threads you might have posted in don't qualify as an extensive body of research or a ringing endorsement of your reliability/quality/honesty...

So get over yourself...

By the way, good luck with that sales career if you plan on getting "extremely offended" by every customer who second-guesses or questions you about your product or reputation, and telling them to "do some research." As someone trying to sell something, the burden is on YOU to let the customer know WHY he should buy from you. Sounds like mdloops was interested in your product initially, but if I were him I sure as hell wouldn't buy from you if you're gonna talk **** to him. Why don't you take a page out of Matt Blehm's book - a guy who takes alot of questions and issues about the custom Maxima parts he fabricates, but always manages to work everything out to the customer's satisfaction.

Remember, "the customer is always right"
Repeat it 10 times fast.

by the way - I'm not inferring that you are in any way fraudulent....and I'm not inferring that you don't make a good product. I'm just saying you come off sounding like a jerk to your customers, and if they want proof of who you are and your product's quality, it's on you to give them that proof.
Old 12-29-2004, 06:31 PM

FastShift.com

[/QUOTE]he misteriously produces a SS out of his a$$.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I find it offensive. I purchased all the stock Maxima parts to make a mock up, designed and then CNC'ed the parts for the 5.5 Maxima community and there was nothing but good responses. I redesign for the 10 to 15 guys who want it for the gen 6.0, hold the price down, and it gets this kind of response?

WM
FastShift.com
Old 12-29-2004, 06:41 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by company man
Yea, I find it offensive. I purchased all the stock Maxima parts to make a mock up, designed and then CNC'ed the parts for the 5.5 Maxima community and there was nothing but good responses. I redesign for the 10 to 15 guys who want it for the gen 6.0, hold the price down, and it gets this kind of response?

WM
FastShift.com
Like I said....I didn't say that your product wasn't good or that you didn't go through alot of work to make it.....But if you're going to market ANYTHING on an automotive forum (as you should already know) you should expect people to be initially questioning or suspicious until the time comes when your reputation is well-known (again, I cite Matt Blehm as an example....alot of 5th gen org'ers know his rep now and trust his product, but that wasn't necessarilyl the case maybe a year ago before he really started selling the 5th gen components.....I had never heard of him even though the 3rd and 4th gen guys knew him well...)

Just saying...no sense in getting offended. There's no rule everyone has to like you (or your product) no matter how great you or your product or your prices or your intentions might be...

this is not the place to hang out if you get offended easily by things people say.....if that's the case, you'll be offended liek 75% of the time around these parts
Old 12-29-2004, 06:44 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by irish44j
this is not the place to hang out if you get offended easily by things people say.....if that's the case, you'll be offended liek 75% of the time around these parts
so true....
Old 12-29-2004, 07:22 PM

After reading through the 6th Gen forum, I think this is all just a misunderstanding.

Fastshift.com is the fabricator that HP went through to have the short shifters made for the 5.5gen. Instead of going through Andy/HP, fastshift.com decides to fabricate and sell the 6th gen shifters to keep costs down.

I for one am thankful to fastshift for stepping up and helping to create something for the Maxima community (I love my short throw shifter). I would also guess that as more 6 speed 6th gens are sold, there will be a greater demand for your product) (although it sounds like you're done with the Maxima community.

Happy New year all.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:34 PM

"Extreme offense?" Gimme a break. The thread was started by a person ASKING about your reputation and history - asking other org members who might know you or might have dealt with you in the past.
You are plain wrong on this one. Look at the title of the thread "Beware of this guy (SS Shifter scam man). He is not asking, he is slandering. If I was him, I would be pissed also.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:37 PM

Tuner, you missed the three question marks in the title. Slander would be if it was a statement, but it was a question, albeit poorly worded. I agree with 808SE here.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:57 PM

I actually tried to put a ?? mark after it but I forgot and could not edit it. It did seem like a scam because I was one of the hundred people who emailed HPAutoworks and HPAUTOWORKS said THEY CNC Machined it. No wheres did anybody say a guy with 10 posts would come on the forum two weeks later selling a product, using the HP picture taken, calling it a different name, and putting it on Ebay. Hmmm. I wonder why I thought you may not be legit considering almost every week we get a newbie on here ripping somebody off. On top of that a week before you posted on ebay you told the guys they should email Hpautoworks to see if THEY can create one. That is why I asked "Is my perception scewed here guys??". I wont even go into your website.

Good day and I apologize for being wrong,

Mark
Old 12-29-2004, 07:59 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by CCS2k1Max
Tuner, you missed the three question marks in the title. Slander would be if it was a statement, but it was a question, albeit poorly worded. I agree with 808SE here.
agreed....the question marks change the meaning...that said, yes it was indeed a poorly worded title and question that sounded a bit like an accusation....

still.....tons of guys on here bash CustomMaxima.com all the time...and hell, they're a SPONSOR of the org. I don't see the CM guys on here getting offended at everything (and they DO come on here often, btw). I don't see Dallas from Warpspeed on here getting all upset when people are criticizing his product (justly or unjustly).

For all I know, "company man" may be putting out a great product...hell, he probably is!!! But if he's going to get all upset/insulted about one or two people's concerns, that doesn't bode well for if you have to deal with him about, let's say, a defective shifter or something.

Again, let's make a distinction between the product being sold and the easy-to-hurt feelings of the seller. Get some thicker skin, or go sell beanie babies.....

and SETurner....whatever..."slander"? So any time someone on the org dogs a product, or a distributor, or their local dealer due to their PERSONAL OPINION, then that is slander? And trust me, people dog companies and products for no reason on here all the time......Hell no. If that was the case, we'd all be a bunch of slanderers. (maybe we are?!?)
Old 12-29-2004, 08:01 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Beware of this guy (SS Shifter scam man)???
This was a **** poor title for a thread, one that would probably warrant an appology. I can completely understand why someone would take offence to this. "SS Shifter scam man, hardly translates to "hey has anyone heard of this guy."
I know we run across plenty of scammers, but starting off by accusing someone of being a scammer for no solid reason isn't right!

Irish, imagine you open a restaurant, and someone taking out a full page ad in the Sunday paper under the headline "Irish poisons 10 people." Even though the rest of the article may simply be something completely different, you can't help but be swayed by the title.
You may want to re-read mdloops's post before lashing out at this guy.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:05 PM

agreed....the question marks change the meaning...that said, yes it was indeed a poorly worded title and question that sounded a bit like an accusation....
We are both partially right. The question marks only appear inside the thread, but if you read the forum, they don't. I'm thinking that was loops edit... EDIT: I see that now. We're all typing at the same time...
and SETurner....whatever..."slander"? So any time someone on the org dogs a product, or a distributor, or their local dealer due to their PERSONAL OPINION, then that is slander? And trust me, people dog companies and products for no reason on here all the time......Hell no. If that was the case, we'd all be a bunch of slanderers. (maybe we are?!?)
Screw Falken if they are coming after me... all they'll get is my wife induced debt.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:09 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by -Red-
This was a **** poor title for a thread, one that would probably warrant an appology. I can completely understand why someone would take offence to this. "SS Shifter scam man, hardly translates to "hey has anyone heard of this guy."
I know we run across plenty of scammers, but starting off by accusing someone of being a scammer for no solid reason isn't right!

Irish, imagine you open a restaurant, and someone taking out a full page ad in the Sunday paper under the headline "Irish poisons 10 people." Even though the rest of the article may simply be something completely different, you can't help but be swayed by the title.
You may want to re-read mdloops's post before lashing out at this guy.
look, I'm not saying mdloops was in the "right" here....his fault for a stupid title. I'm only taking issue with the other guy getting all upset and offended about nothing.

One thread in maxima.org is NOT EXACTLY the Sunday paper...and nobody is going to avoid a product because of a thread's title....at least I hope not!! I would hope people do a LITTLE more research than that before purchasing parts for their car

Heck, everyone ALWAYS dogs Frankencar on here....the intakes break, Berk is better, the catback is heavy, shipping is uper-slow, it clangs around, etc....Guess what. I bought the intake. It's great. It shipped fast. I'll be buying the catback in the spring. Gotta take negative and positive posts here with a grain of salt. I do. You do. Sellers do.

I'm not lashing out at anyone, and even though company man's not making a STS for my car, I'm still happy he's making a good product for other maximas....

as to your example...well if someone took out a full-page ad with a false claim in a deliberate attempt to harm your livlihood....that, in a legal sense, in indeed Libel/slander and you could sue them. I don't think web forums have that kind of liability for the members here....(sure as hell hope not!)

ok that's my last argument. I don't even know why I'm arguing.....guess there's nothing else interesting to talk about right now, so might as well have some "spirited discussion"... oh well. sorry for getting everyone so fired up
Old 12-29-2004, 08:11 PM
retired moderator

Screw Falken if they are coming after me... all they'll get is my wife induced debt.
nice...what did Falken do (see how I am changing the subject now?) I love my 2nd set of Falkens!
Old 12-29-2004, 08:14 PM

As you can tell by my sig, I'm one of those who can't stand the feel the 512s gave my car. And I let anyone who asks know.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:19 PM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

Fight Fight Fight.... I love it...................
Old 12-29-2004, 08:21 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

As you can tell by my sig, I'm one of those who can't stand the feel the 512s gave my car. And I let anyone who asks know.
I have a set of those on my car. I thought they were pretty good tires for driving in Florida, but for sometimes icy roads up in Tennesee, they suck. I really can't complain though, I knew they had crappy snow/ice traction based on their tirerack ratings, just had no idea I was going to end up in Tennesee
Old 12-29-2004, 08:22 PM
retired moderator

I can't see your sig for some reason. As for me, the 512's aren't perfect...but they're good in the rain/snow and inexpensive...a good combo for this area (I have had 3 nails/screws into my sidewalls and 1 bent rim/destroyed tire from a pothole in the last 1 1/2 years....meaning 8 new tires (4 due to wear) in 18 months!!!!

If those were Pilot A/s I'd be in the poorhouse by now

out of curiosity...what size 512's on what size rims did you have?
I was much happier with the feel of the Falken in 225's on my SE 17's than I am with my current 235's, which have way too much sidewall roll!
Old 12-29-2004, 08:26 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by -Red-
I have a set of those on my car. I thought they were pretty good tires for driving in Florida, but for sometimes icy roads up in Tennesee, they suck. I really can't complain though, I knew they had crappy snow/ice traction based on their tirerack ratings, just had no idea I was going to end up in Tennesee
funny, I drive to skiing all the time and have always thought they are pretty damn good in the snow (not so much on ice, but what A/S tires are?)....never gotten stuck, even after 18" fell in one night up in the mountains on us last winter.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:27 PM
retired moderator

oh...and if everyone hadn't noticed. I am very bored and am post-whoring like a champ!!
Old 12-29-2004, 08:30 PM

yup...i noticed, but dont worry, so was i earlier
Old 12-29-2004, 08:37 PM

I can't see your sig for some reason. As for me, the 512's aren't perfect...but they're good in the rain/snow and inexpensive...a good combo for this area (I have had 3 nails/screws into my sidewalls and 1 bent rim/destroyed tire from a pothole in the last 1 1/2 years....meaning 8 new tires (4 due to wear) in 18 months!!!!

If those were Pilot A/s I'd be in the poorhouse by now

out of curiosity...what size 512's on what size rims did you have?
I was much happier with the feel of the Falken in 225's on my SE 17's than I am with my current 235's, which have way too much sidewall roll!
225/50R17 on the OEM rims and yes, they feel softer than fresh marsh mellows. The max was never a nimble car and the 512s made the feel of it worse (the reason I don't recommend them). The 512's limits are much higher than the crapenzas were, BUT their stability and handling and is just crap that should be restricted to minivans and old fart land yachts, not "ultra high performance" tires.

I do hop that their snow traction is closer to your experience than Red's.

p.s. I hear you about the poorhouse, but at $200+ a pop, I'd buy road hazard for the Pilots.