5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

6th gen. max

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2001, 08:26 PM

I don't know any crap whatsoever about the 6th gen max... I don't know where and what to search either so someone give me some info or specs or some site to find some info. AND... WHAT SHOULD I DO TO MY CAR? I don't know what to do first to it
Old 04-24-2001, 08:37 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by footemps
AND... WHAT SHOULD I DO TO MY CAR? I don't know what to do first to it
Give it to MaximaBella .. I think I remember her saying she needs a new Max. Some major repair issues... we were all gonna PayPal her a few bux, but it didn't pan out. Maybe you could just give her yours and save us all trouble?

Old 04-24-2001, 08:46 PM

ha ha...very funny...but no, i ain't givin up my max yet.
Old 04-25-2001, 05:56 AM

You'll just have to wait and see.
I personally can't wait to see it.
Old 04-25-2001, 06:10 AM
smokeybrnout

I don't know any crap whatsoever about the 6th gen max... I don't know where and what to search either so someone give me some info or specs or some site to find some info. AND... WHAT SHOULD I DO TO MY CAR? I don't know what to do first to it
Nissan has put itself in a tough spot with the 6th Gen Maxima. They'll have a 240 hp altima this year, what will the 6th Gen max have then? My guess is that they'll have to move away from the sporty image and capabilities of current max, and go more luxury. In near future, Nissan will have SER, new Z car, and the more performance oriented Altima. This leaves poor old Maxima to support any luxury pretensions for Nissan in 6th Gen form. Hold on to those 5th Gen maxima's!

Old 04-25-2001, 07:38 AM

Originally posted by smokeybrnout

Nissan has put itself in a tough spot with the 6th Gen Maxima. They'll have a 240 hp altima this year, what will the 6th Gen max have then? My guess is that they'll have to move away from the sporty image and capabilities of current max, and go more luxury. In near future, Nissan will have SER, new Z car, and the more performance oriented Altima. This leaves poor old Maxima to support any luxury pretensions for Nissan in 6th Gen form. Hold on to those 5th Gen maxima's!
I thinking along these lines too. The Maxima will have to grow significantly to differentiate it from the new Altima, and I think it will move away from the sporty car it is now and become more like an Avalon (i.e. a Japanese Buick) to appeal to the older crowd. It will definitely lose its manual tranny option, unless it goes RWD which I doubt will happen if they are going to target the older Avalon crowd.
Old 04-25-2001, 07:55 AM

It's called company evolution!

Sad but true. I'll take a Z though.
Old 04-25-2001, 04:41 PM

z car vs. skyline?

Wanna know somethin interesting? I bet you do...
One day i was surfing along looking at maxima and nissan skyline stuff and i found that there is going to be a new release for the skyline R35. They say that nissan is deciding between the z car and skyline to release in the US.

The skyline will be a 400 hp if it's released in the US. It will have the same stuff as the old skyline R34 except a new type engine.

I don't think that the Skyline is gonna win though...what a sad world for the sporty nissan lovers. AND I WILL KEEP MY 5th GEN.
Old 04-25-2001, 04:53 PM

Re: z car vs. skyline?

Wanna know somethin interesting? I bet you do...
One day i was surfing along looking at maxima and nissan skyline stuff and i found that there is going to be a new release for the skyline R35. They say that nissan is deciding between the z car and skyline to release in the US.

The skyline will be a 400 hp if it's released in the US. It will have the same stuff as the old skyline R34 except a new type engine.

I don't think that the Skyline is gonna win though...what a sad world for the sporty nissan lovers. AND I WILL KEEP MY 5th GEN.

There are alot of reasons why the Japanese doesn't want the Skyline to be sold in US. First is because the Japanese think that the car is very unique and don't want to share it with alot of people unless it was paid for a very fine price. IE. Hong Kong gets them, I see tons of them infact. Skyline in Hong Kong is sold for $200000 USD. While the NSX is still $210000USD. But remember Hong Kong makes lots of money.

Second is because Nissan wants to maintain its right wheel tradition.
Old 04-25-2001, 05:17 PM

damn...and i wanted an affordable skyline... oh well...there goes my dreams. ha
Old 04-25-2001, 05:35 PM

oh yeah... i can buy a skyline U.S. regulated for $89,000... so you really don't need to pay as much as $200,000 dollars for one. Not to mention, the older models of skyline like the r32 are even cheaper... get them at www.skylinegtr.com but damn...this sux...no maxima, no skyline, better atlima(yuck...it looks ugly-ish to me), Z car instead of skyline...where's the love?
Old 04-25-2001, 05:45 PM

Originally posted by Creature

I thinking along these lines too. The Maxima will have to grow significantly to differentiate it from the new Altima, and I think it will move away from the sporty car it is now and become more like an Avalon (i.e. a Japanese Buick) to appeal to the older crowd. It will definitely lose its manual tranny option, unless it goes RWD which I doubt will happen if they are going to target the older Avalon crowd.

I don't think the maxima will only be avaliable in auto. They said it would have the same gear system as the sentra SE-R a spec v 6sp manual.

BTW don't think that the maxima is a sporty car, its a sport sedan. There is a difference
Old 04-26-2001, 05:21 AM

Re: Re: z car vs. skyline?

There is a new model skyline that looks close to the new 02 altima.
http://www.mag-x.com/scoop/skyline0104/index.html

Originally posted by LoveSick

There are alot of reasons why the Japanese doesn't want the Skyline to be sold in US. First is because the Japanese think that the car is very unique and don't want to share it with alot of people unless it was paid for a very fine price. IE. Hong Kong gets them, I see tons of them infact. Skyline in Hong Kong is sold for $200000 USD. While the NSX is still $210000USD. But remember Hong Kong makes lots of money.

Second is because Nissan wants to maintain its right wheel tradition.
Old 04-26-2001, 05:51 AM

skyline

dude! THAT IS NOT THE NEW SKYLINE! i have a pic of it right here when it was at a car show. Nissan wouldn't change its design that drastically. That pic looks exactly like the new altima though
Old 04-26-2001, 06:28 AM

oh yeah... and i forgot to mention that the new altima looks UGLY to me...
Old 04-26-2001, 05:56 PM

well said
Old 04-26-2001, 10:09 PM

then why is everyone raving on about how sucky the new max will be... they say it's gonna be the equivalent of an avalon and become a full sizer and be more pleasing to the "older crowd"... as if it isn't already!!! they say that it's mostly bought by FAMILIES... i didn't buy my max... it was my parent's "old car"(and it's a 2k max!!!)... hell...if they made it to out perform the altima that would kick ***.