5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

rear defrost broke...help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 07:18 PM

rear defrost broke...help!

I recently bought an '01 AE in November and it came with tinted windows and factory bose with the antenna in the rear window defroster. I also get AM static when rear defrost is SUPPOSED to be on, but when I turn it on, the defrost button lights up, but it doesn't defrost. Any help would be appreciated on fixing the defrost first and secondly the AM static. It was already tinted when I bought it, and the previous owner told me about the AM static after he tinted the windows, but not the defrost. He probably had not used it since it was still warm out when I bought it.

My '96 Max's rear defrost has never been the best, but it at least works...any help would be appreciated. If I have to take it in, whats the estimated cost to fix? Thanks!
Old 01-26-2005, 09:09 PM

NOt trying to be smart or anything, but check if the wires leading to the defrost were damaged during the installation of tint. If there's a plug, it might have been left undone. My friend's car had a defroster broken until i pointed out that people who were doing his tint forgot to plug it back in.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:52 PM

My 2000 SE has tinted windows and a rear window defroster that has never worked.

Indicator lite on the rwd switch with the digital climate control however has always worked. I recently had the trunk liner off on the drivers side and noticed large gray connector disconnected in the quarter panel area. Hooked it up and everything still runs. For automotive purposes, this is a pretty heavy duty connector. Is this the rear window defrost connector? Haven't had any frosty mornings yet to field test.