5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Fuel Filter

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 01:25 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by MaximaGirl
How about I stop by later and give you some of this.....
ha ha george, she told you
Old 03-18-2005, 01:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Maximadmoiselle
Thanks KC, weren't you looking to get a G too at some point? I always wanted a G, even though just like you I was planning on just getting a 5.5 gen. But then I decided that the difference wasn't worth it to me so I kept my Max. It's amazing how many people from the org have stepped up to a G lately.
i always did want a G, but its a good thing i didnt get one, cuz after moving out, i wouldnt have been able to afford it, and i would be totally living to support the car, and i wouldnt be able to afford the mod bug either, like i can with the max. (you havent seen the Max in a while, either, lots of changes done and taking place )

maximagirl, sorry to threadjack you with our little social engagement here.
Old 03-18-2005, 01:26 PM
MaximaGirl

Maximadmoiselle: Quick question...are you in South Florida - Miami/Ft.Lauderdale? I moved out of Miami last summer.

Old 03-18-2005, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by rule da road
back on topic.... anyone know the part number for a 2000 fuel filter?
Don't know but go to http://nissan-parts-dealer.com/ and search for fuel filter for 00/01 Maximas, it's $11.33.
Old 03-18-2005, 01:27 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

Originally Posted by rule da road
back on topic.... anyone know the part number for a 2000 fuel filter?
check HERE for courtesy's part site. it is about half way down. i dont have the part number for the o ring but it is advised to get one.
Old 03-18-2005, 01:28 PM
Cletus

Maximadmoiselle: Quick question...are you in South Florida - Miami/Ft.Lauderdale. I moved out of Miami last summer.
thats not fair!!! you cant hog her!!! the two girls are not allowed to talk to each other cause then we wont have anyone to talk to. girls are smart...you all will figure out a way to gang up on us (and not in a good way lol)
Old 03-18-2005, 01:39 PM
MaximaGirl

Originally Posted by soonerfan
thats not fair!!! you cant hog her!!! the two girls are not allowed to talk to each other cause then we wont have anyone to talk to. girls are smart...you all will figure out a way to gang up on us (and not in a good way lol)
I thought you and I could stop by "chickybaby's" house and give him....

Old 03-18-2005, 01:48 PM
MaximaGirl

Originally Posted by KCMC582
i always did want a G, but its a good thing i didnt get one, cuz after moving out, i wouldnt have been able to afford it, and i would be totally living to support the car, and i wouldnt be able to afford the mod bug either, like i can with the max. (you havent seen the Max in a while, either, lots of changes done and taking place )

No problem with the threadjacking. I had thought about getting a G instead of the Max also. I hadn't done enough research on the G yet and I was in a rush to get rid of my old car and into a new one so I ended up with the Maxima. Its been a great car so far, but sometimes I wonder....

Old 03-18-2005, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by KCMC582

I did check out your homepage, it's coming along pretty nice, what rims are you getting for it? The CF hood looks really good on grey.

I understand you but what happened with me is I started hanging out with G people a lot and just totally fell in love with the car and had to have it. The fact that I hate my Maxima being automatic didn't help either. I won't be going all out on my G, but the car is so nice stock.

MaximaGirl: Yeah I actually live in Broward but I'm in Miami all the time, you must miss the weather down here, I can't imagine moving out of Florida right now. Btw you got my favorite color Max, post some pics sometime
Old 03-18-2005, 02:07 PM
MaximaGirl

MaximaGirl: Yeah I actually live in Broward but I'm in Miami all the time, you must miss the weather down here, I can't imagine moving out of Florida right now. Btw you got my favorite color Max, post some pics sometime
Same here. I lived in Plantation but worked and played in Miami. I miss the S. Fla. weather on the days it gets below 45 degrees. Its gets hot here in the summer. Its about 60 degrees right now, that's nice!

You can't imagine what I went through to get that color. I was at Plantation Nissan and they were moving to Weston Nissan the day that I was there and they had just transported the one and only Majestic Blue Max over to Weston so the sales guy was trying to sell me a Black GXE, the only Max that hadn't been transported yet. I'll try to post pics of the car when I get the front windows re-tinted. NC made me take them off.

Old 03-18-2005, 02:11 PM
Play with my balls

Anywhere in North Kakalaky is way better than anywhere in FL ....j/k

You gotta find an inspection station in Raleigh that will pass your tint.
I have 15% and I love it.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:21 PM
MaximaGirl

Originally Posted by Deckdout2
Anywhere in North Kakalaky is way better than anywhere in FL ....j/k

You gotta find an inspection station in Raleigh that will pass your tint.
I have 15% and I love it.
I don't remember now but I think I had 15% also, I could get the back windows tested to confirm. They were just lighter than limo tint, well that's what I asked for when they tinted them in Miami.

Its too late, I already ripped the tint off the front windows, I did a pretty good job. Kinda looks funny the back windows are dark and no tint on the front windows. The inspection guy said he would pass me for $50 bucks but I would have to go back to him every year to pay him the bribe. For $50 I could get the front windows re-tinted.

Old 03-18-2005, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by soonerfan
"They're all sisters. It's one big conspiracy. Trust me."
Old 03-18-2005, 02:34 PM

I don't remember now but I think I had 15% also, I could get the back windows tested to confirm. They were just lighter than limo tint, well that's what I asked for when they tinted them in Miami.

Its too late, I already ripped the tint off the front windows, I did a pretty good job. Kinda looks funny the back windows are dark and no tint on the front windows. The inspection guy said he would pass me for $50 bucks but I would have to go back to him every year to pay him the bribe. For $50 I could get the front windows re-tinted.
Oh man, that sucks. We here in FL can get away with a lot of things due to the lack of emissions, but again we get raped on insurance, gas prices are higher, etc. Dark tint on Majestic Blue looks so sexy, today I saw a 6th gen like that and it was a total head turner. So are you ever moving back to FL?
Old 03-18-2005, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Puppetmaster
"They're all sisters. It's one big conspiracy. Trust me."
Haha, I happened to post in the 5th gen forum for the first time in months and I come across another girl that actually takes interest in cars (which I think is so cool) and you guys started complaining about us.. ah the org!
Old 03-18-2005, 02:41 PM

Haha, I happened to post in the 5th gen forum for the first time in months and I come across another girl that actually takes interest in cars (which I think is so cool) and you guys started complaining about us.. ah the org!
Hey now, I was just kidding... I'm not complaining at all, that was just a movie quote... just thought it was fitting....

And yeah, I remember seeing ya around when I was a noob...
Old 03-18-2005, 02:42 PM
Banned

Ya, but you love us handsome, masculine, guys with fast cars and you know it, baby!

BTW: ever since my fiance got hit in a parking lot while driving my max, she's scared to drive it. In fact, she won't even touch the stearing wheel anymore. I think she thinks I love my car as much as her and fears the outcome if I had to choose: her or the car!
Old 03-18-2005, 02:42 PM
Cletus

this is what we are all saying

:attention

ps. girls that drive maximas are mature, intelligent, cool, and i can only assume beautiful
Old 03-18-2005, 03:21 PM
MaximaGirl

Oh man, that sucks. We here in FL can get away with a lot of things due to the lack of emissions, but again we get raped on insurance, gas prices are higher, etc. Dark tint on Majestic Blue looks so sexy, today I saw a 6th gen like that and it was a total head turner. So are you ever moving back to FL?

I pay a 1/4 of what I was paying in S. Fl. in car insurance. One of the reasons why I took my tint off so quickly is because GEICO wouldn't give me the NC rate until I got my car registered in NC and I coudn't get it registered until I passed inspection (the tint!!!). FL insurance was CRAZY! Mind you, I had no tickets, no accidents, etc. I got pulled over by FHP in Plantation and Coral Gables for the tint but never got a ticket because they were legal in Fl. "So big boy, you pulling me over for the tint aren't you? Cuz we both know I wasn't speeding in this rush hour traffic." I don't think I can move back to Miami. I got a job making what I was making in Miami, sold my house in Florida and made a KILLING and got a huge house in Raleigh. I visit alot, I go down about every month and half to see my family and friends.

Old 03-18-2005, 03:39 PM
MaximaGirl

Originally Posted by GBAUER
Ya, but you love us handsome, masculine, guys with fast cars and you know it, baby!
Not that you were directing your above comment to the girls...but don't we drive the same car?

Old 03-18-2005, 06:41 PM
Play with my balls

You ladies aren't alone. My girlfriend (Nikita) hangsout but doesn't post much. Met her on the road driving her Max and ended up at the same bar.

She loves her Majestic Blue. Since she's had the car, that's her favorite color.

Old 03-19-2005, 08:07 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

Originally Posted by Deckdout2
You ladies aren't alone. My girlfriend (Nikita) hangsout but doesn't post much. Met her on the road driving her Max and ended up at the same bar.

She loves her Majestic Blue. Since she's had the car, that's her favorite color.

word on the street is you were not "just driving" when yall met.
Old 09-04-2005, 03:15 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hey guys, where can I get ahold of this Dave B? I have a 2000 SE with 110k miles on it, and recently the check engine light came on, and I had it scanned, and it turns out that the car is running lean. I wanted to replace the fuel filter, but did some research, and I ended up here. Anyways, I want to go ahead and order the strainer and whatever else it is I need, so if someone could give me Dave B's info, i'd appreciate it.

-Chris
Old 09-04-2005, 08:30 PM
Pointy Elbows

DaveB: 888-254-6060
I ordered my fuel filter and O-ring from him a few years ago and I just replaced my filter a couple weeks ago. It wasn't too bad. Just follow Spirillis' writeup.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:05 PM
ABS

Is there a mod available where we could actually "move" the filter out of the tank and mount an aftermarket filter in the engine bay? I'd really like to do this but I don't know if I can tap into those fuel lines without causing problems.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:15 AM

Nissan Isnt The Only Manufacture That Has The Filter In The Tank In Worked For Chysler For 25 Yrs And The Filter Is Part Of The Pump.it Can Be Replaced But Its Not Reccomended.go Figure
Old 09-06-2005, 02:57 PM

One more maximagirl!! lol
Old 09-06-2005, 03:51 PM

^^^^^^