5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

$370 citation for my lights!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 06:59 PM

yea this cop was a jerk...he asked me if it was raining, snowing or foggy out?? just becuz my fog lights were on, i know you aren't suppose to have them on but hey, it was during the day, i didn't think it would bother anyone...this happened in springfield, MA btw. i'm def going to appeal it, why wouldn't i, if anyting i'm sure they will lower it, i'm gonna take pics of stock lights and bring it to court showing the court i respect the law or whatever. i'll let you guys know what's up tho, thnks for the advice fellas
Old 03-21-2005, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by OOmaxSE
yea this cop was a jerk...he asked me if it was raining, snowing or foggy out?? just becuz my fog lights were on, i know you aren't suppose to have them on but hey, it was during the day, i didn't think it would bother anyone...this happened in springfield, MA btw. i'm def going to appeal it, why wouldn't i, if anyting i'm sure they will lower it, i'm gonna take pics of stock lights and bring it to court showing the court i respect the law or whatever. i'll let you guys know what's up tho, thnks for the advice fellas

I doubt it will work, but hey give it a try you never know they may believe that you learned your lesson or whatever.
All these police dept. want is money so that they look good and so that they can raise capital for all their huge spending costs, etc.
whatever let the pigs be the greasy bacon they are going to be - there is nothing we can do about it.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:05 PM

Aparently this Audi has clear side markers...and this is a stock photo.

Personally I'm going to get a set of front clears and leave the rears red. I like the look better and I think cops won't bug me as much.

Old 03-21-2005, 07:09 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by The Kid
iam a cop for the usaf which is strickter then civilian cops we have to look at evrything even lights systems engine noise cats mufflers all that stuff. i just dont give a sh*t cause its pointless. who cares about lights 5 over the speed limit i dont i just try and protect my country and pulling some new kid or some guy whos been in the service for 5 years over cause he worked on his car and had lights or big engine that doesnt seem to be protecting the country so i dont care i do care about the iraqies who think there gunna try there crap again on our soil cause were ready this time lol. but a fix i ticket seemed the correct way to go i think he took it above and beond the call of duty so go fight it and see what happeneds whats the worst ull have to pay it.
im in the AF too and i hope to god you are NEVER working on a base that i'm stationed at.
and i can see by your post why you are a cop. low ASVAB score?
Old 03-21-2005, 07:10 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by frankd121
Aparently this Audi has clear side markers...and this is a stock photo.

Personally I'm going to get a set of front clears and leave the rears red. I like the look better and I think cops won't bug me as much.

how are those clear?? do you not see the big amber part that REFLECTS
Old 03-21-2005, 07:12 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by 2000 Maximus
I doubt it will work, but hey give it a try you never know they may believe that you learned your lesson or whatever.
All these police dept. want is money so that they look good and so that they can raise capital for all their huge spending costs, etc.
whatever let the pigs be the greasy bacon they are going to be - there is nothing we can do about it.

people that hate cops have usually been busted by them for doing something wrong. they arent man enough to admit their mistakes so they blame the cops and become bitter.

Originally Posted by soonerfan
he is talking about the clear side marker on the side of the body. Pay attention to the post next time

that's some good evidence, yup it's stock, yup i think i'll bring this photo. and i agree, they should let me off this time and not give me a ticket, plus, i bought the car like that used, at a private dealership. it even passed inspection!
Old 03-21-2005, 07:13 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by Max20SE00
i dont understand how they can give you a hard time about the bumper lenses when some cars do not have anything on the side. What does it matter if they are white when others dont have any?
look at the side of ANY car. they ALL have an amber piece in the front and red in the back that LIGHT UP AND REFLECT.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:13 PM

I'm talking about the small light closer to the driver's side door. They light up orange when you hit the turn signal.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:15 PM

im in the AF too and i hope to god you are NEVER working on a base that i'm stationed at.
and i can see by your post why you are a cop. low ASVAB score?
this is unneccesary. No reason to insult someones intelligence like this. Just because he doesnt spend 5 minutes editing and spell checking his posts on Maxima.org doesnt mean he cant write and spell correctly if he had to. This is a damn forum not an essay contest. People need to get off each others backs.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:15 PM
Cletus

he is talking about the clear side marker on the side of the body. Pay attention to the post next time
we can play the loser game if you want. the clear side marker is ok because it is an extra light. the requirment is already met by the amber piece in the headlight assembly?

any other questions? carry on
Old 03-21-2005, 07:18 PM

if what you say is the truth then there is definately a better way to express it.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:19 PM

Many new cars coming out have clears rather than orange or red ...just an example...the Lexus RX Suv's have all clear taillights and you couldn't get away with that forever in most cars if it's aftermarket
Old 03-21-2005, 07:20 PM

I now see what you are saying sooner and I understand. I just think theres a better way to express your opinion then talking down to people.
Cletus

look at the side of ANY car. they ALL have an amber piece in the front and red in the back that LIGHT UP AND REFLECT.
here are some examples

Supporting Maxima.org Member

haha you damn fly boys, i was in the marines, and i knew alot of MP's with hooked up cars, they didnt care about clear signals. but then again, i was stationed in NC. i dont know about you VA guys.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:21 PM
Cletus

This is not true. And I dont know why you have to come in here on this thread and insult peoples intelligence and give a bunch of attitude. You need to find another place to change your tampons then in this thread.
ill give you my car if you can find me ONE stock car that doesnt.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by OOmaxSE
today driving on the freeway, i see a statie on the other side of the freeway, next thing i know he's on my azz and i get off the exit and he pulls me over. i asked what reason am i being pulled for, and he says my lights. he cited me $300 for my hyper white polarg turn signals, $35 for my front clears side markers, and $35 for having clear turn signal. he said i was lucky he didn't cite me for my fog lights on!!! i only had my fogs on, i did the rewiring. i'm appealing this but i don't know what to say, help please?
What town do you live in? I guess it really doesn't matter since you said it was a Statie. You really have to be careful now a days being the Police is waking up to the import scene. You have to do things that are discrete or something that looks like it belongs on the car. All of those colored bulbs will get you into trouble as you've experienced. If you put you're amber bulbs back in before you go to court, you should be able to beat this.

On the other hand, you guys have to understand that the Staties here are unpredictable so I pretty much try to steer clear if I see them. I passed one on my way home from work, he was driving 60 and I was driving 65, and he pulls me over. I didn't get a ticket but this guy was just checking me out. He told my that my plate frames were illegal. but never said anything about my HID's, LED tails, or clear corners.
He let me go after about 15 minutes and pulled over another 4th Gen as soon as we took off.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:23 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by Kruppa
Many new cars coming out have clears rather than orange or red ...just an example...the Lexus RX Suv's have all clear taillights and you couldn't get away with that forever in most cars if it's aftermarket
not the dam "lexus RX" argument

those are allowed because of the red reflectors on the bumpers

Old 03-21-2005, 07:23 PM

so the clears form courtesy are illegal as well even if they have a amber bulb. Thats sucks.
http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchan...Code=A33-CLEAR

Originally Posted by 2k2kev
The law is it has to REFLECT amber, not blink or glow amber when it's on.

Key word... REFLECT... that means clear sidemarkers are ILLEGAL.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:24 PM

ill give you my car if you can find me ONE stock car that doesnt.
I see what you are saying now. I misunderstood you when you first posted it. I apologize for that comment and I deleted it off the thread. I just think that you should explain yourself in a respectful manner. I think people would rather not have your opinion at all if it doesnt attribute anything to the thread other than negaitivity.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:24 PM
Cletus

I now see what you are saying sooner and I understand. I just think theres a better way to express your opinion then talking down to people.
it just pisses me off when people attack cops when they got busted doing something wrong.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:26 PM
Cletus

I see what you are saying now. I misunderstood you when you first posted it. I apologize for that comment and I deleted it off the thread. I just think that you should explain yourself in a respectful manner. I think people would rather not have your opinion at all if it doesnt attribute anything to the thread other than negaitivity.
im contributing to the thread. im just telling people they need to take responsibility for their actions and not blame cops. people dont want to hear the truth
Old 03-21-2005, 07:27 PM

it just pisses me off when people attack cops when they got busted doing something wrong.
I understand that too. Cops are here to protect us and make sure people are keeping the laws. I do however find a 370 dollar citation for some clear lights a little excessive. NOthing against cops, I have all the respect for them in the world but that is a little overboard. He could have issued at least a less steap fix it ticket first.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:27 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by bigsherv
so the clears form courtesy are illegal as well even if they have a amber bulb. Thats sucks.
http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchan...Code=A33-CLEAR
yes they are illegal. but it isnt as obvious if you have colored bulbs like i do. yes i have clear corners. and i will be a man if i ever get a ticket for them. i wont blame the cop.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:29 PM

the cops around where I live never mess with you for anything like this. I have clear side marker lenses, hyper white turn signal bulbs in the front and rear. An I never knew it was against the law t drive with your fogs on, I never turn mine off.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:32 PM
Cletus

I understand that too. Cops are here to protect us and make sure people are keeping the laws. I do however find a 370 dollar citation for some clear lights a little excessive. NOthing against cops, I have all the respect for them in the world but that is a little overboard. He could have issued at least a less steap fix it ticket first.
we also dont know the full situation. we are getting it from one side. a side who is upset about the situation. most the time cops give tickets like that its about more then then lights. say you are a cop and you see someone cutting people off and being reckless. you pull them over and realize that they have illegal lights. well the illegal lights are evidence and is easier to prove then the wreckless driving. so so you give the stiffest penalty possible for the lights. there is nothing wrong with that since the lights were illegal. does that makes sense? alot also has to do with the attitude. ive gotten away with only warnings before because i was calm, polite, and didnt get defensive.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:33 PM

yes thats true. He just made it sound like the cop pulled him over for the lights only and just went off writing a 370 dollar ticket, which would be uncalled for imo
Old 03-21-2005, 07:35 PM

I work at the stadium in foxboro for the Kraft family and all of the state troopers that work security have talked to me about this issue before...there has been much talk about re-writing the standards for lighting on cars with the increasing popularity of imports like clear lens etc and it becoming more common on the streets...i got pulled over once last summer for not coming to a complete stop and i joked saying that i thought he was pulling me over for my lights and he said no i have no problem with them bc it actually allows others to see your car even better and from farther away...just figured i'd mention what i've heard/experienced
Old 03-21-2005, 07:35 PM
Cletus

yes thats true. He just made it sound like the cop pulled him over for the lights only and just went off writing a 370 dollar ticket, which would be uncalled for imo
well he has every legal right to do that...HOWEVER, im sure there is more to the story.
bottom line, you do something wrong you pay the price
Old 03-21-2005, 07:38 PM

sooner i didnt have a low asvap score i just wanted to have a gun and tell people no matter the rank dont confuse youre rank with my authority. remember i dont care what rank u are i have a badge a gun and a ticket book so i win. and i only have 1 1/2 years left so iam gunna sit back and relax and get my job done.i dont like to harass people just like this guy didnt need a outrages ticket for lights woopy there damn lights they light up right they get the job done who cares.a cop who had a bad day didnt get layed who knows als we know is he was upset so he pulled over the first guy he thought he could give a lot of tickets to were a fix a ticket would have done the job.thats all iam saying the ticket was a little to much fight it and whats the worst that could happen he has to pay it might as weel take a try at it we do live in a democracy u know were we can do that so lets use it fight the law with the law as i always say.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Kruppa
I work at the stadium in foxboro for the Kraft family and all of the state troopers that work security have talked to me about this issue before...there has been much talk about re-writing the standards for lighting on cars with the increasing popularity of imports like clear lens etc and it becoming more common on the streets...i got pulled over once last summer for not coming to a complete stop and i joked saying that i thought he was pulling me over for my lights and he said no i have no problem with them bc it actually allows others to see your car even better and from farther away...just figured i'd mention what i've heard/experienced
If you think about thats true. You can see a hyper white bulb much easier than some dull amber. Maybe in severe weather though the amber would be more noticeable.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:42 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by The Kid
i just wanted to have a gun and tell people no matter the rank dont confuse youre rank with my authority. remember i dont care what rank u are i have a badge a gun and a ticket book so i win.
wow..a cocky SP
and thats a good reason to join the military and become a cop. do they teach you that quote at lackland?
and for your authority to outweigh my rank i have to do something wrong. otherwise you are just an airmen with a diffirent hat then me...and i win
Old 03-21-2005, 07:44 PM

yes, that is a pretty bad reason to become a cop. AND I JUST 1,000 POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-21-2005, 07:44 PM
Cletus

If you think about thats true. You can see a hyper white bulb much easier than some dull amber. Maybe in severe weather though the amber would be more noticeable.
but then you dont know whats the front and whats the back
Old 03-21-2005, 07:45 PM

thats true
Old 03-21-2005, 07:45 PM
Doc

I hope the reports you turn in are a bit more well written than these posts. This is very difficult to read when there is zero punctuation, and everything is in lower case letters. Do you mean you are a USAF MP?
Old 03-21-2005, 07:46 PM

but then you dont know whats the front and whats the back
The headlights and what side of the road you're on would probably tip you off but i suppose in some cases that may be a legitimate argument
Old 03-21-2005, 07:47 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by Doc
I hope the reports you turn in are a bit more well written than these posts. This is very difficult to read when there is zero punctuation, and everything is in lower case letters. Do you mean you are a USAF MP?
he doesnt write reports. he sits on the flighline all day and guards the aircraft. or works at an ECP

Quick Reply: $370 citation for my lights!!!