5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Floor Venting acting up: running most of the time

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 06:12 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Floor Venting acting up: running most of the time

I am having problems figuring out the digital control temperature.

Basically I have air coming from FLOOR vents even when system is OFF. It happens 90% of the time... meaning that it is a bug somewhere.

Anyone noticed/knows what is the deal here? Maybe a recall?? Or a commom problem with a easy fix??

just in case I am using the system incorrectly i'll detail on how i run the temperature controls:

I dont use the AUTO feature. What I do is I manually set the flow to FLOOR and I adjust the temp to 85F (it is cold in CT) and I manually set the FAN SPEED to #1.

Then when car get hot and I hit the OFF (displays goes off as well).

Then something interesting was happening: car was still getting TOO HOT !!! After trying different ways I realized the EVEN with system shut off (no DISPLAY) that HOT air was coming from FLOOR VENTS.

I was trying today to put flow on front panels and I shut off system and there was no AIR coming from FRONT VENTS. that makes me thing something is wrong.

Any help???
Old 04-08-2005, 07:02 AM

Use your options: Fresh/ Recirculate

Recirculate option stops outside air from coming in (that which you refer to as wind).

Anytime you turn the system off, it defaults to Fresh, which provides that which you refer to as wind.

Try pushicg rec after off- youlike it.

-pigi
Old 04-08-2005, 07:06 AM

You can also turn the temp down while the system is OFF. Turn the temp **** down and it should let cool air in.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by piglit
Anytime you turn the system off, it defaults to Fresh, which provides that which you refer to as wind.

Try pushicg rec after off- youlike it.

-pigi

Two questions:

1. If the WHOLE system is OFF (no display) you saying that it is normal to still have air circulating??

2. You saying i should push REC even with the display OFF (system shut off) ???
Old 04-08-2005, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by MacAlert
You can also turn the temp down while the system is OFF. Turn the temp **** down and it should let cool air in.

I didnt know that. I honestly thought that when the system was OFF (no display) that turning the dial wouldnt make any difference.

That is a little strange... so if u turn the know counterclock wise a lot (getting close to 65F but I cant see because system is OFF) will I have the A/C running??? I dont want to run the A/C i just want FRESH cold air to get in instead of HOT air.

i swear to god i thought that was a deffect... it can't be normal... I mean.. If I hit OFF it should be OFF !!!!

Old 04-08-2005, 07:26 AM

fgfbh

I mean it! "Off" refers to fan and does not affect the fresh/ recirc. f(x).

And, letting the "Fresh" stay on with the temp turned down (before selecting "off") does get the job done, as far as not blowing hot air, but that is up to a certain outside temperature point, only.

I would say any time it is> 70F, too hot w/ "Fresh".

-pigo
Originally Posted by Bborges
I didnt know that. I honestly thought that when the system was OFF (no display) that turning the dial wouldnt make any difference.

That is a little strange... so if u turn the know counterclock wise a lot (getting close to 65F but I cant see because system is OFF) will I have the A/C running??? I dont want to run the A/C i just want FRESH cold air to get in instead of HOT air.

i swear to god i thought that was a deffect... it can't be normal... I mean.. If I hit OFF it should be OFF !!!!

Old 04-08-2005, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Bborges

Dammit! They are doing the best they can- English is not their primary language!!

At some point, you need to either: familiarize yourself with your Owner's Manual; try your options and pay attention to the results; or, deal with it.

-pigu
Old 04-08-2005, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by piglit
Dammit! They are doing the best they can- English is not their primary language!!

He he he he...

and yes... I red the manual... it doesnt explain it like u did.

I'll try to play with temp **** to see what happens.

thanks man !!!!!

BB