5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Clear Tailights Stock?.... yup

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2001, 09:28 PM

Okay, just thought id share this as im sure everyone will love this news. Nissan said that they are still getting mixed reviews about the rear end of the car, so they are changing the tail lenses. To give you an idea of how they will look (ON ALL TRIM LEVELS) take the SE lights where the black part is, and make it clear. Thats how they will look. Sweet huh? :-)
Old 05-10-2001, 09:38 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally posted by Maxima-Ness
Okay, just thought id share this as im sure everyone will love this news. Nissan said that they are still getting mixed reviews about the rear end of the car, so they are changing the tail lenses. To give you an idea of how they will look (ON ALL TRIM LEVELS) take the SE lights where the black part is, and make it clear. Thats how they will look. Sweet huh? :-)
great... now everyone will be saying how nissan is rippin off toyota by applying the 'altezza' tail lamp treatment to their cars.. what was wrong with the se tails?!
Old 05-10-2001, 09:49 PM

where did u get this info?
Old 05-11-2001, 12:41 AM

hmm

could be interesting.. would definitely like to see a pic before passing judgement, but i think it would look pretty sweet
Old 05-11-2001, 01:35 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by MaximaZero

great... now everyone will be saying how nissan is rippin off toyota by applying the 'altezza' tail lamp treatment to their cars.. what was wrong with the se tails?!

hey Zero, ohman... i'd like to see the Skyline's lights on the Max in real life.. that'd be cooool.
Old 05-11-2001, 04:33 AM
maxedout1

yo the se tail lights look tight especially the black outline on the white maxima's

Old 05-11-2001, 05:36 AM
RussMaxManiac

Where is this info from? Last I heard cosmetically its not changing due to funds and new model year 2002 is coming out.

Old 05-11-2001, 08:22 AM

well, i have my sources. :-P
Old 05-11-2001, 08:30 AM
RussMaxManiac

well, i have my sources. :-P
Well I have 3 sources, and all of them say that is not true, and 2 of them are directly in Nissan. So I will see it when I believe it for now, Nissan isn't gonna waste the money on that.

Old 05-11-2001, 08:52 AM

I will believe it when I see it too. But, obviously Nissan is getting on the "Altezza style" kick...just look at the 2002 Altima SE. And usually some styling themes rub off on other models.

I am not going to pass judgement on Altezza's on a Maxima until I see them. A lot of people here have clear side markers, and most of those people trash the Altezza-style..doesn't make sense to me.
Old 05-11-2001, 08:54 AM

Ha, let 'em do it. I'm glad that I have the current tail lights. Those Altezza tail lights are so played it's not funny. Leave 'em on the Hondas and Mitsus.
Old 05-11-2001, 09:51 AM

This guy is just starting a rumor. Nissan is not making Altezza lights for the Maxima! They are ugly anyway, why does everyone want to be the same. EVERYONE has altezzas, they are not cool anymore, the SE Lights are HOT on any color (black especially). If Nissan does do this, Alot of us will be dissapointed!
Old 05-11-2001, 10:16 AM

Hrrmmm when are altezza style body panels coming out?? IE clear doors, hoods, trunks. I want an altezza style clear engine!!
Old 05-11-2001, 04:09 PM

Hehe ... Agreed!!!!

Since everyone is getting the Tail lights ... I wonder when We're gonna drop the "IS300" badge on our cars as well??

We might as well ... hahaha

Originally posted by punkdork
Hrrmmm when are altezza style body panels coming out?? IE clear doors, hoods, trunks. I want an altezza style clear engine!!
Old 05-11-2001, 04:56 PM

Flippin Nissan! They do it one year afer I buy my car! Because of the tail treatment the only trim level I would even consider was the SE. Now I guess they're gonna do what they should have all along. Oh, yeah, only my opinion.

But will it now look like a tricked out Neon on steriods instead of a stock Neon on steroids?

Hopefully they'll leave the SE alone.
Old 05-11-2001, 05:00 PM

I just bought the Altezza style Maxima, wanna see it?

Did you see it? Look again?

Pretty cool huh? The first all clear Maxima? I got it and punkdork wants it!
Old 05-11-2001, 06:40 PM

Originally posted by ItalianMax2kSE
This guy is just starting a rumor. Nissan is not making Altezza lights for the Maxima! They are ugly anyway, why does everyone want to be the same. EVERYONE has altezzas, they are not cool anymore, the SE Lights are HOT on any color (black especially). If Nissan does do this, Alot of us will be dissapointed!
Say what you want, Newbie, but ive already seen the pictures, seen the renderings and know they are on their way. im not getting into a flame war over something as stupid as different color taillights, but the point is, they are going to be different, and are trying to go for the look of the new Altima. Watch and you shall see :-)
Old 05-11-2001, 06:55 PM

Will those tailights be compatible with the 2000/2001 Max?
Old 05-11-2001, 09:39 PM

Maxima following Altima's lead...

...well, if this is true, wouldn't that just be wonderful; having the max take cues from it's little brother. Wow, what a statement for the flagship...flying at half mast so reach down for a lift??

I thought I was over this Altima crap until I read some more emails on the subject. Now I'm upset again. CAn't believe the people at Nissan are so dense. What they need to be doing is reformulating their paint, not screwing around with light treatments.

By the way Max20...see that you installed Michellin's. I did too. Big improvement over the BS's, eh?

srm
Old 05-11-2001, 09:42 PM

Say what you want, Newbie, but ive already seen the pictures, seen the renderings and know they are on their way. im not getting into a flame war over something as stupid as different color taillights, but the point is, they are going to be different, and are trying to go for the look of the new Altima. Watch and you shall see :-)
Since the '02 Altima SE will have the Altezza's,I wouldn't be surprised to see the '02 Maxima to have them. It would actually make sense. Usually a manufacturer will try to keep some styling themes the same across Model lines.

My theory is that the SE's will still be tinted but will no longer have the carbon fiber looking stuff behind like on the 2000-01. <(Red on GXE & GLE)