5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Interior Color in my Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 09:24 AM

Interior Color in my Maxima

01 SE----outside is charcoal grey or brown..or not sure exactly what the official color is.. I guess I have to check the color code on the door or wherever it is.

I wanted to get new carpet mats, b/c the current ones are BEAT.

I looked on the internet and so forth for places...seesm like there were 3 interior choices for the SE. I'm not sure what color mine is---so I went to a dealership for a price check on mats and to verify what color I need. The guy didnt know off the top of his head..so he came out to the car with me.

I told him that maybe the bluish.grey interior color in the car.."maybe its frost?"

He shrugged and asked if I had an insurance card so he can run the VIN for the interior color.

he runs the VIN and it states that the interior color is BLACK?

WTF? I know black..and Black is not my interior. The carpet is an off grey and the seats are greyish blue.

How do they figure that the mats are black?

Help?

anyway..they wanted $75 for new mats.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:34 AM
XGaSpAcHo

http://www.courtesyparts.com/paint/trimcode_howto.html

Black - Trim Code (G)
Beige - Trim Code (C)
Gray - Trim Code (W)

Old 04-29-2005, 10:45 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

check the 5th gen classifieds section for jerome nissan, they have 25% discount code right now.

i just ordered my 20th anniv. mats from them (frost)

i think it comes out to around $60 after 25% discount.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:52 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Bones45
01 SE----outside is charcoal grey or brown..or not sure exactly what the official color is.. I guess I have to check the color code on the door or wherever it is.

I wanted to get new carpet mats, b/c the current ones are BEAT.

I looked on the internet and so forth for places...seesm like there were 3 interior choices for the SE. I'm not sure what color mine is---so I went to a dealership for a price check on mats and to verify what color I need. The guy didnt know off the top of his head..so he came out to the car with me.

I told him that maybe the bluish.grey interior color in the car.."maybe its frost?"

He shrugged and asked if I had an insurance card so he can run the VIN for the interior color.

he runs the VIN and it states that the interior color is BLACK?

WTF? I know black..and Black is not my interior. The carpet is an off grey and the seats are greyish blue.

How do they figure that the mats are black?

Help?

anyway..they wanted $75 for new mats.
Sounds like frost to me. Should be a combination of a light gray and a mild vanilla color (if that makes any sense). If it's blonde, it will be a tan and a dark brown. Black is pretty obvious, as you said.

If you're seeing any blue in those seats, I think you may just be colorblind. They should be light gray if it's frost.

This is a frost interior:

Old 04-29-2005, 11:00 AM
XGaSpAcHo

this is black interior:

Old 04-29-2005, 12:01 PM

gaspacho!! I dont care what anyone else says..You are aight in my book!

I just checked and its a G= Black.... Comparing my interior to the one above apparently the interior color reflects the dash color...not neccesarily the carpet/mat color. I still maintain that my seats have some blue in them. Oh well...

Live and learn, I guess.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:27 PM
XGaSpAcHo

Originally Posted by Bones45
gaspacho!! I dont care what anyone else says..You are aight in my book!

I just checked and its a G= Black.... Comparing my interior to the one above apparently the interior color reflects the dash color...not neccesarily the carpet/mat color. I still maintain that my seats have some blue in them. Oh well...

Live and learn, I guess.
good luck with the floormats. i'd recommend getting the all season rubber ones. they last forever and don't need to be vacuumed (sp?) just hose them down and you're set.

oh just let me know who's been talking smack about me will ya...