5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

list your imperfections here...

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2001, 01:55 PM

This JUST In

As I was washing my car today, I noticed that I have 4 NICE big fat paint chips on the side of my passenger right front door. What puzzles me, is that when I owned my 2K max, I had the SAME paint chips in the SAME spot. Maybe it's how I'm driving. They're only on that one part of the car, the rest of the car is chip free (for now). Looks like I'll be making a run to the dealership to get some touch up paint tomorrow.
Old 05-31-2001, 09:47 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Imperfections

I've had this fine Majestic Blue 01' SE for... 5 days now.

-There is a 1 inch scratch on the front right fender, it's deep enough to where it's white, but not metal. Ugh... Those jamooks at the dealer must of scratched it right before I took delivery of it. The car was covered in water (rain) when I inspected it, needless to say I overlooked the scratch. I never should taken the car the way it was that day... but I was to excited I guess.

-I found another chip, (very small) a long the edge of the trunk hatch. This should be easily fixed when I get the touch-up paint.

-Some minor swirl marks. I figure some Zaino will remedy this.

-F*cK1ng birds! There was a small bird turd on the roof yesterday, that left a mark... I haven't been able to completely remove the stain it left.

That's about it... I fear for the finish of my car. The clear coats they put cars these days are so fragile.
Old 05-31-2001, 11:44 AM

Pits and scratches all over the front bumper, the headlights are doing the same. Paint chips on the hood, rust on the roof. The car looks 5 years old.
Old 05-31-2001, 12:56 PM

More paint chips on my hood and front bumper than I can count

Small paint chips on the side by the mirrors where small pebbles flew up from the road and shipped my oh, so fragile paint!

Scratch on front driver's side rim - scraped a curb ina bank parking lot parking too close to the curb to PREVENT scratches (ironic, huh?)

Bird drop mark in the middle of the hood (and I tried to get it off within 5 minutes of it happening)

Scratch on the inside of the driver's side door - looks bad on the plastic

Scratch on the sunglasses holder where I accidently scraped it with my key which was in my hand

The plastic in front of my gauge cluster is very cloudy in certain sections - it looks bad and bugs the sh** out of me and I have no idea how to get it off (it's on the inside) and I don't know how to remove the plastic or how to get the cloudiness off. It bugs me - did I mention that?!

Small hairline scratches on the Bose head unit display and the auto climate control

Is that all finally. This makes me depressed typing all of that.
Old 05-31-2001, 01:06 PM

blackY2Kmax

For what it's worth man, your car looks great in the picture!
Old 05-31-2001, 01:22 PM

oh my first ding was when i was in virgina beach for vaction and this ***** in a camary open her door into my rear driver side door, didnt see her do it but i know it was her, so i keyed the **** out her car with a bottel opener,

my next mess up was when my brother took out the suitcase out of my trunk and scratched the top part of my rear bumper (under the trunk)

then a paint chip from me swinging a wratchet around and it fell and chipped my paint

and then finally some ******* at a gas station
was punching my gas tank caust it was frozen shut and the next day i seen a nice little ding there

and screwdriver marks from puttin in my side markers

ahhhhhh
Old 05-31-2001, 01:42 PM

i think the most hated scratch is from the dreadful side markers.

stupid cloths dont do their job! i use a thick peice of cardboard or paper now. no dents or scratches.
Old 05-31-2001, 02:17 PM

Originally posted by rino_2kmax
oh my first ding was when i was in virgina beach for vaction and this ***** in a camary open her door into my rear driver side door, didnt see her do it but i know it was her, so i keyed the **** out her car with a bottel opener,

ahhhhhh
aaahh man, that's low...keying someone's car like that. Unless they deliberately hit your car, I can't see the justifcation of messing up someone else's car like that. An accident... that's a different story. Even if it was deliberate, I would try and confront them first... that's just me. I know getting your car nicked or dinged can really **** you off, but turning around and doing the same thing, that's no good.
Old 05-31-2001, 03:05 PM

Originally posted by DooBall
i think the most hated scratch is from the dreadful side markers.

stupid cloths dont do their job! i use a thick peice of cardboard or paper now. no dents or scratches.
Or just get rear-ended by some punk like what happened to me. When my rear bumper got crunched, one of the markers popped right out. No scratch there!

Don't know whether to laugh or cry at that one!
Old 05-31-2001, 03:20 PM

Overweight... thinning hair... greasy skin...
Old 05-31-2001, 06:40 PM

Re: blackY2Kmax

Originally posted by Draco
For what it's worth man, your car looks great in the picture!
Thanks Draco - that's from far away, up close I try not to cry! I'm sure your Majestic Blue 20th anniversary is sweet as well!