5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Killed an M3 yesterday ....

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2001, 06:05 AM

He he, just kidding, but yesterday I was coming back on the 417 east ( Ottawa ), to some point I saw that branded new convertible M3 with quadruple exhaust following someone in the butt, I followed them for a while thinking that the driver upfront of the BMW would merge to the right, after understanding that he wouldn't, I decided to pass both by the right at WOT, I was able to moove in front, the chase was on the BMW guy was really mad that I double him by the right, I though this guy's goin to eat me alive if he had enough room, he looked like so p***ed to be outmoove by a Max, he was driving eratically from right to left trying to reach me in the dense traffic, but unfortunately he was 2 nd that day, I kept going on knowing that with an M3 he could have ridiculize me in a no traffic situation. But for now I'll take the win.

Cheers
Double A
Old 05-22-2001, 07:29 AM

good one...

Even though it involves a little bit of luck, I still think it gives a greater satisfaction than just a kill with a open road. You know that your car is inferior, but with the right judgement/timing/luck you found a way to beat it, from your point of view of course. It just makes me feel good to think how mad the M3 driver was when he was trying to catch you...
Old 05-22-2001, 07:58 AM

Re: good one...

Hmm... by that logic, a metro could have beaten the M3 as well.. :-)

It happens, but the funniest thing was that the M3 driver let it **** him off... I once had a minivan pass me on the right... I didn't touch it because it was being driven rather erattically in fairly dense traffic... So I guess you could say that a Maxima got killed by a Chevy Venture Warner Brothers Edition...

-Tom

PS... now all we need is the people from the M3 boards to come over here and start telling us how their ACUR... oops, BMW'S are far superior to our cars... :-)

Originally posted by F1 Rox
Even though it involves a little bit of luck, I still think it gives a greater satisfaction than just a kill with a open road. You know that your car is inferior, but with the right judgement/timing/luck you found a way to beat it, from your point of view of course. It just makes me feel good to think how mad the M3 driver was when he was trying to catch you...
Old 05-22-2001, 01:19 PM

good win

Originally posted by doublea
He he, just kidding, but yesterday I was coming back on the 417 east ( Ottawa ), to some point I saw that branded new convertible M3 with quadruple exhaust following someone in the butt, I followed them for a while thinking that the driver upfront of the BMW would merge to the right, after understanding that he wouldn't, I decided to pass both by the right at WOT, I was able to moove in front, the chase was on the BMW guy was really mad that I double him by the right, I though this guy's goin to eat me alive if he had enough room, he looked like so p***ed to be outmoove by a Max, he was driving eratically from right to left trying to reach me in the dense traffic, but unfortunately he was 2 nd that day, I kept going on knowing that with an M3 he could have ridiculize me in a no traffic situation. But for now I'll take the win.

Cheers
Double A
Did he flip you the bird?
Roger
Old 05-22-2001, 01:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Are you kidding???

Originally posted by doublea
He he, just kidding, but yesterday I was coming back on the 417 east ( Ottawa ), to some point I saw that branded new convertible M3 with quadruple exhaust
This doesn't sound quite right. I recently discussed the new M3 with a dealership my way. Even the early orders aren't yet filled in most areas (talking about the convertible here). For this guy to have one on the road...hmmmmmm...could it be a 330 with some body work? The waiting list is approaching a year on those things.
Old 05-23-2001, 03:51 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

>I followed them for a while thinking that the driver upfront of the BMW would merge to the right, after understanding that he wouldn't, I decided to pass both by the right at WOT

Sorry doublea but I kind feel for the BMW on this one. Passing on the right, especially at WOT, is dangerous for everyone around you, quite illegal, and just plain dumb. Beamer-guy was probably indicating to slower car in the left lane to move over by flashing his high beams...how did you know the slow car wouldn't suddenly change lanes while you were passing on the right?

Take care man.
Old 05-23-2001, 07:31 AM

Re: Are you kidding???

Originally posted by Michael98033

This doesn't sound quite right. I recently discussed the new M3 with a dealership my way. Even the early orders aren't yet filled in most areas (talking about the convertible here). For this guy to have one on the road...hmmmmmm...could it be a 330 with some body work? The waiting list is approaching a year on those things.
M3 Convertible's are aval. There is about 4 of them in this area forsale. $65K and it's yours
Old 05-23-2001, 09:47 AM

Re: Re: Are you kidding???

Originally posted by Runutzzzzz
M3 Convertible's are aval. There is about 4 of them in this area forsale. $65K and it's yours
Fair 'nuff.
Old 05-23-2001, 03:37 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NotAMinima
[B]>I followed them for a while thinking that the driver upfront of the BMW would merge to the right, after understanding that he wouldn't, I decided to pass both by the right at WOT

Hey NotAMinima, I knew before, I posted the thread that I would face critics. Let me put it that way, when I was following the BMW, I could clearly see that there was no one in front of the Minivan preceding the BMW, actually I was following them at about 90 KM/hr for a while ( 3-5 KM ), there was a 18 wheelers in the middle lane, so the Minivan and the BMW couldn't merge to right and the truck was going faster than theses two, since I was let say 50 meter ( 150 feets ) behind the BMW, I was able to merge in the middle lane behind the truck, but suddently the truck merge in the extreme right lane so I had the middle lane clear for at least 1000 meter, when I pulled the pedal to the metal, I made totally sure 100% that the Minivan was not merging in front of me and I was only driving 100KM /hr, it seem to me that the minivan driver had no intention of merging in middle lane.

If you ever come in canada you will quickly notice specially in Ontatio that a lot of slower driver stay in left lane most of the time, the roads belong to everyone and we have to share it, so whenever someone stall the traffic intentionaly, well to bad for them they get pass by the right.

I hope these explanations will hold some of your judgements, cuz in the last 10 years I didn't get any kind tickets, nor I had cause any kind of accident.

During the last week-end there was some major radar operation in the province and a lot of people who got caught where people with grey hair driving minivan, one local politician got caught 2 times in the week-end driving 187 KM /Hr and 158km / hr in a 100KM zone, so for me passing a BMW at 120km was pretty safe.

I am always open minded to critics and comments as long as it is not a judgement, cuz who you are to judge others...

Oh sorry I forgot, how can a guy who dont look in his rear mirror can see someone flashing highbeam on a very sunny day. If you find an answer for this one let me know. Meantime I may have sound sarcastic, but this is the truth and when someone look like imposing his or her moral, I am always willing to face them no matter what happend.

Cheers anyway

Double A
Old 05-23-2001, 04:08 PM

I'll check that in the "W' column for ya!

Woohoo! Another win for the max. Although those new M3's are NICE. I saw on at a local racing strip. It hauled some serious a$$! Nevertheless, you won! And all of our ego's are boosted because of that!

-Peace
Old 05-23-2001, 05:13 PM

I killed one the other day... suppose it doesn't really count if it was parked, but I'll take what I can get.
Old 05-23-2001, 06:02 PM

Originally posted by Weasel
I killed one the other day... suppose it doesn't really count if it was parked, but I'll take what I can get.

WOOT.... score 2 for the Maxima, 0 for the M3 ! ! !

M3 owner's beware.. you're going down!!!!

-Tom Z.
Old 05-23-2001, 07:18 PM

Originally posted by tomz17

WOOT.... score 2 for the Maxima, 0 for the M3 ! ! !

M3 owner's beware.. you're going down!!!!

-Tom Z.
LoL
Old 05-24-2001, 03:19 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hi Double A,

Good explanation. By the way, I'm from Ottawa too and I totally agree with you about how too many drivers up here use the left to simply cruise. From what you described in your previous post I'm guessing you're in the Kanata end of town. I'm in the south end in the Hunt Club area but I do get a chance to pop into Kanata at times when our soccer teams plays there. Maybe I'll see you.

Salut man, take care.
Old 05-24-2001, 10:04 AM

You hit the nail on the head. Unfortunately, The right lane is the only way to get around in this Province. Say what you will about how fast our neighbours in Quebec drive, at least if you come up on them in the left lane, they will usually pull over to let you by.

As for minivan drivers - I believe they should have a special class of licence and retake their road tests in their minivan. Most of them have no idea how big they are or how poorly those things handle. I stay far away from them whenever I can and expect the unexpected. Double the distance if the driver is wearing a hat.

see ya on the Queensway in the left lane.
Old 05-24-2001, 03:08 PM

just for the info

there are no new convertible BMW M3s... we're talking USA models here... they do have a 4-door and others in Europe
but in the USA we only have the two-door 333hp model

and i'm sorry but your maxima wouldn't touch that...

those runs 13.1s or 13.2s bone stock
Old 05-24-2001, 04:59 PM

Originally posted by KanataMax
You hit the nail on the head. Unfortunately, The right lane is the only way to get around in this Province. Say what you will about how fast our neighbours in Quebec drive, at least if you come up on them in the left lane, they will usually pull over to let you by.

As for minivan drivers - I believe they should have a special class of licence and retake their road tests in their minivan. Most of them have no idea how big they are or how poorly those things handle. I stay far away from them whenever I can and expect the unexpected. Double the distance if the driver is wearing a hat.

see ya on the Queensway in the left lane.
Hey KanataMax, I agree with you, I am from MTL and people drive fairly fast here and most of them when followed by a faster car will pull right but like any major city there is always a bunch of idiots on the road. Just to let you know we had a great week-end in the Ottawa area, played golf and did an honest 89, my best friend use to live in TO, so that why we go there often.

I should go back in the Ottawa area soon, I'll let you know maybe we can meet, have beer play golf or both.

Take care & see ya

Double A