5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

2k1 Max 5spd vs Late 90's BMW M3 5spd

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2001, 07:51 PM
RussMaxManiac

This was on the way home from work, I was actually just exiting my exit, and this black BMW M3 on purpose gets the the next lane to me rev's and takes off. I am like ****. I shfited down and went after him. He had exhaust, intake and it was lowered with rims. Black. Very veyr nice. Well, I was behind him on the highway, a few times it opened up and he punched it, so did I, and he could not loose me at all. I was on his tail floored. I mena he may have been itching away, it was so hard to tell, but there was not a obvious pull or anything. We hit 130 a few times. Once we got to a light, we took a turn and went into some back roads....found a stop light, he was shifting down alot, making his engine loud! lol I am like ok he is serious. We get lined up, and we both hit it at the same time, RWD got him good, and he pulled on me 1 car, As soon as I stopped spinning and hit 2nd, he was about 1 1/4 cars in front, we got up to 100mph and let off, he could only gain 1 car and could no longer pull anymore from me.

I am seriously impressed with the max.. It hung with a M3 but did not win! But I am proud to lose to a m3, but proud to hang with one as well!

Anyways, on the highway we had to nail the brakes, and my Axxis pads are fried. They now growl, and sound crunchy. Hard to explain, they stop the car, but now I get alot of noise from them I have never heard. The pads are coming out and stocks go back in..... They started doing this after that last high run, and they growled loudly when i hit the brakes at highspeed. Oh well, those pads didn't last long.

Old 05-23-2001, 08:59 PM
QUANSUNG

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac
This was on the way home from work, I was actually just exiting my exit, and this black BMW M3 on purpose gets the the next lane to me rev's and takes off. I am like ****. I shfited down and went after him. He had exhaust, intake and it was lowered with rims. Black. Very veyr nice. Well, I was behind him on the highway, a few times it opened up and he punched it, so did I, and he could not loose me at all. I was on his tail floored. I mena he may have been itching away, it was so hard to tell, but there was not a obvious pull or anything. We hit 130 a few times. Once we got to a light, we took a turn and went into some back roads....found a stop light, he was shifting down alot, making his engine loud! lol I am like ok he is serious. We get lined up, and we both hit it at the same time, RWD got him good, and he pulled on me 1 car, As soon as I stopped spinning and hit 2nd, he was about 1 1/4 cars in front, we got up to 100mph and let off, he could only gain 1 car and could no longer pull anymore from me.

I am seriously impressed with the max.. It hung with a M3 but did not win! But I am proud to lose to a m3, but proud to hang with one as well!

Anyways, on the highway we had to nail the brakes, and my Axxis pads are fried. They now growl, and sound crunchy. Hard to explain, they stop the car, but now I get alot of noise from them I have never heard. The pads are coming out and stocks go back in..... They started doing this after that last high run, and they growled loudly when i hit the brakes at highspeed. Oh well, those pads didn't last long.
i ran into an older m3 5 speed, i spun real bad too from a rolling start but once i hooked up i was right there with him .we went once from a light and were even until about 70mph when we broke for traffic ,he didn't want to play anymore after that