5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Slalom Competition Results!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2001, 11:56 PM

I ran an officially sanctioned (Jaguar Clubs of America) slalom competition last Sunday with the Jaguar Association of New England (JANE). Fastcat is a member of JANE and invited me up for the day. What a blast! Never done anything like that before and am looking forward to going again in the fall.

By that time, I'll have my RSB in place, perhaps some new "sneakers" and, if punkdork gets his way via his evil thoughts and mind control, upgraded springs and shocks. Not to mention experience (uhhh... took me until my 4th run to figure out to leave her in 1st gear... what an idiot! )

The background info and results are posted on my new maxima.org/cardomain web page. I've also posted some pictures I grabbed from my video camera. Check my sig pic for a preview.

Please stop by for a visit! http://maxima.cardomain.com/id/rcticmax

For a bit of a teaser... I beat a Porsche 911 Speedster. No lie! Go see for yourself.

Cheers!
Old 05-24-2001, 01:17 AM

damn...your car looks like its about to flip in some of those pics
Old 05-24-2001, 01:58 AM

sweet

the maxima does have some pretty nasty body roll...but it really does tear it up at the autocross if you know how to work it right...even without the RSB. I can't imagine how sweet it would be with one...
Old 05-24-2001, 07:08 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

"RcticMax" would really look neat if it was a decal on your car.

Nice going!
Old 05-24-2001, 07:18 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by yo_its_ok

Kinda like my License plate NYS "ITS OK"

LoL

-Peace
But it'll look better as a decal. Mass production?
Old 05-24-2001, 07:23 AM

awsome pics man
Old 05-24-2001, 07:24 AM

Originally posted by MrBurner
damn...your car looks like its about to flip in some of those pics
No kidding. FastCat pressed the wrong button for the camcorder on my final run so I didn't get any shots. When I climbed out of the car afterwards, the two guys who ran in the Mustang were saying the rear passenger tire was OFF the ground in the turns. Couldn't tell from inside the car, though.
Old 05-24-2001, 07:27 AM

Re: sweet

Originally posted by hawkdog
the maxima does have some pretty nasty body roll...but it really does tear it up at the autocross if you know how to work it right...even without the RSB. I can't imagine how sweet it would be with one...
You hit the nail on the head. So much of this was driver skill (which is how I beat that Porsche and how I got beat by a rental Mustang). There were some really good drivers up there and I'm hoping to take what I learned to the next meet and beat my time.

Cheers!
Old 05-24-2001, 07:28 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Kev, how are your internal organs holding up to abuse by Ground Controls ?

-Peace
I'm still young.
Old 05-24-2001, 07:30 AM

Re: Re: sweet

Everyday for me. The road becomes my obstacle course especially on weekends on DPA in Long Island.
LoL , Psing23 and I turned the Southern State parkway into a road course at 3am. top speed 130+ w/ the pic in his sig, and never dropping below 70mph, I could see the body roll in his car, but my car with springs RSB and FSTB, man that thing could handle. Had I had my rims and ToyoT1s, I would never let go of the throttle.

-Peace
I saw that pic!!! Damn! I've only been over 100mph twice and I didn't like it too much. It'd be OK in a controlled environment but on the highway all I was thinking about was killing myself and leaving my wife a widow and kid an orphan. Things change when you get older, I guess.

I've been meaning to ask you this... what the heck is the DPA?
Old 05-24-2001, 07:32 AM

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
"RcticMax" would really look neat if it was a decal on your car.

Nice going!
That's the "StingRay" font from Photoshop. I really like it. It's what I used for wontonboy's sig pic.

Thanks for the kind words.

Cheers!
Old 05-24-2001, 07:38 AM

Kinda like my License plate NYS "ITS OK"

LoL

-Peace
Hehe... I'm going to get a personalized plate but am having a hard time coming up with 6 entries that I like. In my state, you submit 6 choices and THEY decide which one based on availability and how tasteful it is.

The other drag is that you can't mix letters and numberals in between eachother. All letters, numbers then letters, or letters then numbers.

For instance, you can't have "Y2K.MAX" but you can have "1BDMAX" or "1HOTMX" or "FAST1".

I wanted "L8R" but due to the rules, no go.

I'll have to keep thinking about that one.
Old 05-24-2001, 07:47 AM

Originally posted by yongjun
awsome pics man
Thanks, Dude!
Old 05-24-2001, 07:55 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: sweet

LoL, Danny and I knew we were gonna race, so once we got out there, we hit a stretch that is about a mile long, and then the turns came into play, we were going crazy going around cars, and it was like Top Gun, looking over behind to find out where he was. All I know is that if we got caught we going to jail for a long time. It was 3am, extremely light traffic, plenty of roads to play on.
DPA = Deer Park Ave in Long Island.
www.deerparkave.com <~~~some website w/ 874 hp supra
www.deerparkavenue.com <~~~site dedicated to the Cruise known as the outdoor nightclub.
Ahhh... now I can be cool and know what you guys are talking about on the NE board. Kinda like our Berlin Turnpike up here in CT (although I've never been down there to cruise... they'd probably call me an old man and ask why I was out past my bed time ).

874hp?!!!!!!!!! Good God, man. That's insane (good insane). Sweet lookin' Supra. Nice and stealth. I like.
Old 05-24-2001, 12:08 PM

For those of you with RSTB's...

Would a rear strut tower brace help during this kind of competition. I've seen some folks say that it doesn't really help during "normal" driving conditions (no comments about DPA runs from you, Hogan ) but could help when put through an agressive curve situation. If this is the case, then this would be an ideal application of such a modification.

Lotta $$$ for something that wouldn't really be utilized all that much, though.

Also, it would impact the amount of lumber from Home Depot I could carry through the trunk pass-through j/k

Comments/suggestions please.

Cheers!
Old 05-24-2001, 02:19 PM

Re: Re: For those of you with RSTB's...

I used to have a ski rack on top where I could put my fishing rods, this year I developed my own rod holders in the car.
Dude, is there ANYTHING you can't make? I swear, if somebody asked you to make an in-car urine waste tube that flushed out the floor board (Apollo 13 anyone?) so they wouldn't have to stop on long hauls, you come up with something!

That's a compliment by the way.

Cheers!
Old 05-24-2001, 02:37 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: For those of you with RSTB's...

give me a funnel, a tube and a drill, and your wish is my command. LoL

STILLEN needs a spankin, and Maxima owners need affordable parts that perform...

-Necessity is the Mother of invention..
Don't forget about the pvc piping to deliver the waste past the back bumper so it doesn't get all over your undercoating. Come to think of it, you could probably match the diameter at the end of the pipe to the stock exhaust pipe and stick a matching tip on it. Viola, dual exhaust!

Cheers!
Old 05-24-2001, 02:50 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: For those of you with RSTB's...

have a switch to a flame source in the pipe, and make it backfire....hopefully it won't come back into the passenger compartment...

-New Meaning to Hot ****...
Hey, I bet we could incorporate some of yongjun's potato gun design into it! That has a flame source built right in.