5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Why didn't they do that on the 5th gen.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2001, 09:02 AM

I really didn't miss it at first but now that it is hot I like to let my windows down before I get to the car(w/ the unlock button on the keyless entry). My 4th gen did it but they didn't do it for the 5th. IK wonder why?
Old 05-24-2001, 09:34 AM

Originally posted by rocketshipon19"
I really didn't miss it at first but now that it is hot I like to let my windows down before I get to the car(w/ the unlock button on the keyless entry). My 4th gen did it but they didn't do it for the 5th. IK wonder why?
LOL... I've been wondering the same damn thing for a while now! It was probably so they could save $2.99 on the part.

C'MON, NISSAN!!!!
Old 05-24-2001, 09:57 AM

Originally posted by RcticMax

LOL... I've been wondering the same damn thing for a while now! It was probably so they could save $2.99 on the part.

C'MON, NISSAN!!!!
I thought I was the only one
Old 05-24-2001, 11:23 AM
The silent but deadly Moderator

I miss it too..

maybe they were saving it for the new altima
Old 05-24-2001, 02:01 PM

Why don't you just press the power window down button for 1 sec and it will automatically go down But I don;t think that the passenger side works that way.
Old 05-24-2001, 02:06 PM

Especially on the black Maxima's ... damn I get cooked whenever I get in the car in the summer!

I agree.. probably show up on the new MaxAltima
Old 05-24-2001, 02:11 PM

Originally posted by Menacer

Why don't you just press the power window down button for 1 sec and it will automatically go down But I don;t think that the passenger side works that way.
Menacer, here's the picture...

You've been in your nice and comfortable air-conditioned office all day. It was a scorcher today, almost 105 degrees F. You dread going out to your car at the end of another thankless day at the office (where your boss was acting like a classic "richard" about nothing inparticular) because you know your hair will get burnt back as soon as you open the door. It didn't matter that your windows were cracked as was your moon roof. You can still fry an egg on your dashboard.

But fret not. As you approach your car from a distance, ready to take on the daily grid-lock, you press and hold your unlock button and the windows automatically roll down, venting all that trapped heat from the blistering day. By the time you arrive at your car, the majority of the heat has escaped doing both you and your air conditioner a favor.

Then you wake up and realize that you were dreaming about your 4th gen!!! Frickin' Nissan!

Cheers!
Old 05-24-2001, 03:39 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

i missed that feature so much, i had it added in.
Old 05-24-2001, 06:30 PM

I stumbled across a website that had a conversion kit for VWs that did that. I will try to find it again.
Old 05-24-2001, 06:55 PM

Originally posted by bert
I stumbled across a website that had a conversion kit for VWs that did that. I will try to find it again.
I wonder how hard it is to wire that in?
Hogan any suggestions?
i don't want an aftermarket alarm yet.
So come up with something cheap that i can get from walmart or home depot
Old 05-24-2001, 08:41 PM

Menacer, here's the picture...

You've been in your nice and comfortable air-conditioned office all day. It was a scorcher today, almost 105 degrees F. You dread going out to your car at the end of another thankless day at the office (where your boss was acting like a classic "richard" about nothing inparticular) because you know your hair will get burnt back as soon as you open the door. It didn't matter that your windows were cracked as was your moon roof. You can still fry an egg on your dashboard.

But fret not. As you approach your car from a distance, ready to take on the daily grid-lock, you press and hold your unlock button and the windows automatically roll down, venting all that trapped heat from the blistering day. By the time you arrive at your car, the majority of the heat has escaped doing both you and your air conditioner a favor.

Then you wake up and realize that you were dreaming about your 4th gen!!! Frickin' Nissan!

Cheers!

Sorry for the above post, messed up. Now back to the subject, Now I understand what you mean. I didn't know that teh 4th gen had a feature like that, cool. That would be a cool feature to have. I thought you meant that when the key was in the ignition that the windows automatically rolled down with out pressing the button. Sorry fellows, now I understand
Old 05-24-2001, 09:47 PM
EZ
Supporting Maxima.org Member

It's -20 degrees outside and you are fumbling around with your keyless remote trying to open it with thick gloves on, cause if you took it off, your hand would freeze in 2 seconds. Then you realize that you have been holding down the unlock button then AAAAHHHHH, you just dumped tons of snow inside your drivers seat
Old 05-24-2001, 10:19 PM

Originally posted by EZ
It's -20 degrees outside and you are fumbling around with your keyless remote trying to open it with thick gloves on, cause if you took it off, your hand would freeze in 2 seconds. Then you realize that you have been holding down the unlock button then AAAAHHHHH, you just dumped tons of snow inside your drivers seat
That's why I have butt warmers. Just in case that EXACT thing happens .
Old 05-24-2001, 10:21 PM

Originally posted by EZ
Hmmmm... That story reminds me of the Budget Rent-a-Car commercials with the group of people brainstorming for ideas. They usually start off with something that sounds great but then they picture it and suddenly it's not such a good idea anymore. My favorite one is the Jet-Propulsion Pack... Y'awl wit' me on this? Anyways, I digress...

I think that that remote window control thingy should have been standard equipment. At least on SE AEs.
Old 05-24-2001, 10:26 PM

Originally posted by Extremax

Hmmmm... That story reminds me of the Budget Rent-a-Car commercials with the group of people brainstorming for ideas. They usually start off with something that sounds great but then they picture it and suddenly it's not such a good idea anymore. My favorite one is the Jet-Propulsion Pack... Y'awl wit' me on this? Anyways, I digress...

I think that that remote window control thingy should have been standard equipment. At least on SE AEs.
I liked the one with the aroma therapy candles, myself.
Old 05-24-2001, 11:49 PM

'Cause 'dis is America!

Liability. Same reason you have to hit your unlock button twice to get the pass doors unlocked.

Let's say you hit the unlock, your windows go down, and someone steals your purse/laptop/kid/whatever from one of the seats, 'cause Nissan was stupid enough to drop the windows when you unlock the doors.

It could also let someone gain access to the car, or in inclement weather, could let whatever was on the seats get soaked.

You don't think some jury would find Nissan at fault? You can't be that naive.
Old 05-25-2001, 05:49 AM

Re: 'Cause 'dis is America!

Originally posted by KaxMaxSEAE

Liability. Same reason you have to hit your unlock button twice to get the pass doors unlocked...
You don't think some jury would find Nissan at fault? You can't be that naive.
Well, then make it three hits or a different button for the windows. Or better yet...make it an 'option' so Nissan could say 'you asked for that feature.' I may want to sue them for not having that feature..."The plaintiff burned his buttocks on the hot leather seat cause he couldn't put his windows down remotely before he sat in the hot car."
Old 05-26-2001, 06:00 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

hot hot hot

Originally posted by yo_its_ok
LOL COOK COOK COOK COOOK

BURN BABY BURN~~~!~!~~!

Be a Man and get in the car, feel the heat open your windows and step out and have a nice bottle of water....drive towards your nissan dealership, and throw your waterbottle at them.... better now ?

-Peace
Try the sun shields. I use one front and back. The difference they can make is amazing!
Old 05-26-2001, 08:26 AM

I liked the one with the aroma therapy candles, myself.
I like the new one...the body builder cracking the walnut with his buttocks. Man that freaked me out! That was nasty!
Old 05-26-2001, 08:36 AM

Re: Re: 'Cause 'dis is America!

Originally posted by Extremax

Well, then make it three hits or a different button for the windows. Or better yet...make it an 'option' so Nissan could say 'you asked for that feature.' I may want to sue them for not having that feature..."The plaintiff burned his buttocks on the hot leather seat cause he couldn't put his windows down remotely before he sat in the hot car."
I would give the owners an option to program this. i.e. now...if you hit both the lock/unlock button at the same time, that causes the alarm to arm without the 'beep'.

Why can't they do that for window roll-down feature (i.e. holding the truck and unlock will allow us to use the remote window roll-down feature. Did I just loose everyone?

The feature that the 5th gen max doesn't have that is a pain to deal with is the lack of auto down/up for the passenger side. I hate having to hold the button up to raise the passenger window. It's robbing me of 3 seconds of my life everytime! Seriously...I want an auto down/up feature (esp since the sunroof has this).
Old 05-26-2001, 08:39 AM

lets get back on subject... i was looking around www.autotoys.com and they have a auto windows thingie for all 4 windows that attaches to your original alarm from teh factory... and they also have a remote start thingie that also attaches to the original keyless entry things from the factory... and its not expensive either... like $50 or so i dont remmember...
Old 05-26-2001, 08:47 AM

Man... I can almost swear that someone posted here once about rewiring their panic button to roll down the window....

Or maybe I was just dreaming...

Someone please tell me that you know what i'm talking about.

-Tom Z.

PS.. Apparently, the panic button is a much MORE useful feature than a window rolldown.. BS.. the only time I use my panic button is when I hit it by accident (while fumbling to open the trunk), and wake up all the neighbors.. What a retarded, useless feature.. I bet this is the fault of the same guy that was responsible for the paint on 5th gens...
Old 05-26-2001, 08:50 AM

Originally posted by tomz17
Man... I can almost swear that someone posted here once about rewiring their panic button to roll down the window....

Or maybe I was just dreaming...

Someone please tell me that you know what i'm talking about.

-Tom Z.

PS.. Apparently, the panic button is a much MORE useful feature than a window rolldown.. BS.. the only time I use my panic button is when I hit it by accident (while fumbling to open the trunk), and wake up all the neighbors.. What a retarded, useless feature.. I bet this is the fault of the same guy that was responsible for the paint on 5th gens...

hehehe i think the panic button is very useful especially when mine and hogans cars are standing next to eachother at carousel and a few girls are walking by and our cars happend to "talk" to each other... hehe damn still kicking myself for not going to sit by them... hehehe
Old 05-26-2001, 10:19 AM

Originally posted by yo_its_ok

LoL, those girls were mad funny, however, my GF was with us, so no play for me. LoL
Rite Aid in the rain w/ 8 Maxima Alarms going off.
That's what the panic button is for.

-Peace

hehehe ye but i still wouldnt mind to lose it and put in auto windows...