5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.
View Poll Results: Has your spoiler ever been stolen?
Yes
0%
No
100.00%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Has this ever happen to you???

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2001, 07:30 PM
KDLMax

Well it happend to me last night, I was sleeping when all of a sudden I was awakened from a loud "BANG" and then a car alarm siren. I got up and looked out my bedroom window, I saw nothing. Then this car alarm that I was hearing shut off. I didn't see anything so I went back to sleep. Woke up this morning, went to the kitchen window and looked outside. There it was my Max without the spoiler. I got F*cked last night, I am hurt and upset. My baby is going to be two years old tomorrow and this happens. I dont have a garage, I have no choice but to leave my car outside. I never had a problem until last night. I have really never been worried about my car getting stolen I have always worried about haven my spoiler stolen, its really the easiest part to steal from a car.
I called Stillen for a spoiler but they don't sell them anymore, that sucks!!! I called Courtesy and they wouldn't have my color spoiler for me until next week. You see Nissan spoilers are already color coded. Courtesy's price was $262.00. I then had no choice but to have my dealer order one, and guess what? They charged me $506.00, those f*cken ripoff bastards. I told them about Courtesy's price and they told me that I must be getting crap. Most of these New York City Nissan dealers are a bunch of theives!!!
Well I had no choice but to buy it, I cant have my car looking like that for this holiday weekend. I hope to get it to a body shop, fixed and installed tomorrow.
Has anybody ever had ther spoiler stolened? I hope it never happens to you.

I would like to thank Hogan(Yoitsok) for advise and for trying to help me get my spoiler installed tomorrow.

Old 05-24-2001, 07:43 PM

Dang! I'm sorry to hear that. Did they damage they damage your baby in the process?

I sure hope that's covered under your insurance without getting mowed over by the deductible.

Good luck with this.
Old 05-24-2001, 07:53 PM
KDLMax

Thanks for your sympathy and concern. Still dont know what's going to happen with insurance. I will find out what's best after everything gets fixed. Well theres a small dent and a deep scratch, like a hook.

Old 05-24-2001, 07:58 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

NY dealers

From what I can tell even though I fought tooth & nail to get a decent price on my max it seems some of the members elsewhere did a 1g better in general.
Its a tough break...n hell our auto insurance keeps getting jacked up too around here. NYC dealers will cry poverty bunch of ^&$%*$!
They're job is to loot pillage and plunder. You may want to look into renting some "garage" space in your area...at this rate you're going to get hammered at over $500 a spoiler...then your rims...then your car...well u get the idea. Its probably not worth bringing to insurance if you're deductible is the same, just gives em reason to also "loot pillage and plunder".
Old 05-24-2001, 08:09 PM
KDLMax

You are so right. I just wish I could find a garage around here. I can't find anything where I live. It's crazy out here. Been lookin nothing. My only plan is to park the car in front of my bedroom and put a car cover. I will have the cover locked in chains in all ways untill I get lucking in getting a garage. I don't really use the car during the week so the cover maynot be a bad thing. I have never had any problems with anybody taking something from my car during the two years I've had it.

Old 05-24-2001, 08:21 PM

hmmm...very strange!

Just the other day (maybe even last night too), one of the guys on the SHO Accord forums (I4 or V6, I can't remember) reported that his spoiler got stolen too. I tried to find the post just now but couldn't and I don't remember who it was, or where he was from.

coincidence??