5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

help. Problems w/ ABS,traction control

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 08:06 AM

help. Problems w/ ABS,traction control

anybody ever have their ABS, Traction Control, and 'slip' lights come on,and not go away? What was the problem,what caused it? Bad fuse/relay? or something else? If i pay $90 to have nissan look at it and they tell me its a relay, or low fluid of some type, ill be a little unhappy
Old 08-19-2005, 08:18 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I heard of these problems in the past, in fact i had an ABS problem before, my car doesn't come equipped with TCS or SLIP however, my ABS light when on and wouldn't go away, so I re-set the switch, by Parking the Car, setting it off, then setting on, rolling back, and then turnining it off waiting fort he system to re-set and then turning it back on again, the bottom line is once you re-set the switch it MAY OR MAY not return.

If it does, then the System has found a problem..

What was wrong with my car was that the ABS SENSOR that "feels" wether the breaks are LOCKING the car was dead, so the ABS system wasn't working when in the rain i'd lock the brakes, so my car would just slide.

I have warranty so all caosts where just deductable of 50 dollars for me.

However, somewhere in this forum I heard about your type of problem...

does your car SHAKE??

Check your MAF.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:30 AM

plug your maf back in. its definately your maf. when i was installing my intake, i had the same thing pop up till my friend pointed out that my maf wasn't plugged in. plugged it in and it went away.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:37 AM

The other night i was doing some donuts in a g35 with the traction control off(obviously) and when i finsihed the slip light stayed on and when i pushed the traction control button to turn it back on the light that it was off stayed on. i got alittle worried but all i had to do was turn the car off and turn it right back on and everything was fine. it seems like in ur case its not that simple tho
Old 08-19-2005, 08:42 AM

good lookin fellas. lemme check the maf plug.
I dont follow the reset procedure though.....
1)when you say 'set it off,set it back on' what do you mean. is there a switch for ABS? (i assume you dont mean the Traction control switch, since you dont have that,you said)
2)'rolling back' roll back what,the car?
i would love to reset it,and have it go away...i just dont follow you on that procedure.

Im thinking its something stupid because i drove around town...no problems.
then i parked at 7-11,and when i came out and started my whip up,the lights all came on, and they been on since. Im going to check that plug,thanks for the help so far
Old 08-19-2005, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by lex3015
The other night i was doing some donuts in a g35 with the traction control off(obviously) and when i finsihed the slip light stayed on and when i pushed the traction control button to turn it back on the light that it was off stayed on. i got alittle worried but all i had to do was turn the car off and turn it right back on and everything was fine. it seems like in ur case its not that simple tho
i was thinking it was something simple only because it was off all day, and it came on out of nowhere after i started the car. i shut it off for 5 minutes while i was in the store.
I was wondering if theres any sensors in the area of the rear wheels/axle/muffler, because my muffler has been banging around...maybe it smashed up the sensor. I got a warranty, but if my loose exhaust banged up a sensor, theyre gonna make me pay,literally and figuratively