5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Some crazy Grand Prix driver was being an A$$ so I taught him a lesson in Roadrage!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2001, 11:29 PM
RBa

I was slowing down b/c of the huge pothole upahead and some a$$hole in a grand prix is honking at me & trying to make me deaf or something.. So I gave him the finger. Then he tries to pass me on a solid one lane road.. As he approached next to me I gunned it forcing him to stay behind.. Then he starts honking again, worse than b4..
Well.. I decelerated to about 15 mph & I see him trying to pass me again so this time, I floored my brakes completely..
He missed rearending by about 6 inches.. I can hear him screaming & cursing at me & the stupid thing is, He dares me to come outside so he can Kick my a$$.....
So I did and what happened after...
Cough Cough AHem.. Let me just put it this way.. There were 3 of us & 1 of him & my friends are suckers when someone wants to bring da ruckus..

Moral of the story.. Don't have road rage in NYC b/c you don't know what kinda of lunatics are behind the wheel..

And I'm not saying I'm a lunatic or anything & for those of you that think something went down... Don't worry!!!! Like I said, I'm not a lunatic..

I just needed to vent!!!

-Peace-
Old 05-28-2001, 11:32 PM

Originally posted by RBa
I was slowing down b/c of the huge pothole upahead and some a$$hole in a grand prix is honking at me & trying to make me deaf or something.. So I gave him the finger. Then he tries to pass me on a solid one lane road.. As he approached next to me I gunned it forcing him to stay behind.. Then he starts honking again, worse than b4..
Well.. I decelerated to about 15 mph & I see him trying to pass me again so this time, I floored my brakes completely..
He missed rearending by about 6 inches.. I can hear him screaming & cursing at me & the stupid thing is, He dares me to come outside so he can Kick my a$$.....
So I did and what happened after...
Cough Cough AHem.. Let me just put it this way.. There were 3 of us & 1 of him & my friends are suckers when someone brings da ruckus..

Moral of the story.. Don't have road rage in NYC b/c you don't know what kinda of lunatics are behind the wheel..

And I'm not saying I'm a lunatic or anything & for those of you that think something went down... Don't worry!!!! Like I said, I'm not a lunatic..

I just needed to vent!!!

-Peace-
Old 05-29-2001, 01:01 AM

RBa I definetly feel you. I had some idiot in a beemer almost total my passenger side. Basically he was going 100+ on the freeway and a big rig was in his way and I was in the left lane and he cut me off and boy was it so close. Got really mad and followed him. He tried to shake me off to see if I was following him and he kept tapping his brakes and finally he pulled over and I pull over. I see him turn on his lights and reach over to the passenger side. I figured since he had no plates that maybe it was stolen was reaching for gun or something. Didn't get scared but I figured it wasn't worth it and started on my way slowly to see if he would follow me. Nope he didn't. Lucky for the both of us if you know what I mean. Lesson is it's never worth it. Having said that just be careful my fellow Maxima riders. Let it go and remember that they will get theres and that we got families to come home to. Later peoples.
Old 05-29-2001, 01:16 AM

sounds like you had the Road Rage 1st. you see the pothole on the road, he doesn't. leave him be, who cares if you had friends with ya or who's car was faster. any1 can pull a gun out. 6 bullets against 4 ppl leave 2 bullets left
Old 05-29-2001, 01:53 AM
RBa

How did you come up with that conclusion?.

First of all, Welcome to the org!!!

Secondly,
I don't honk at everyone that slows down in front of me.. I have patience unlike some idiots that think they rule the road...
I'm pretty sure he had the road rage first b/c like I said b4, this guy was trying get me deaf!!! A normal driver wouldn't act like he did under those circumstances.. I just took advantage of his impatience and had a little fun with it..
Old 05-29-2001, 04:54 AM

RBA, you just told us all how you became part of the problem rather than part of the solution. A better reaction would have been to just let it go instead of putting everyone in a more compromising position than the other did in the first place. I used to drive in that northeastern crap all the time and I know how easy it is to get sucked in to somebody else's bad day (or driving habits). Confrontations make things worse for all of us while letting it go makes things easier on all of us.
Old 05-29-2001, 05:11 AM

Originally posted by Max20
RBA, you just told us all how you became part of the problem rather than part of the solution. A better reaction would have been to just let it go instead of putting everyone in a more compromising position than the other did in the first place. I used to drive in that northeastern crap all the time and I know how easy it is to get sucked in to somebody else's bad day (or driving habits). Confrontations make things worse for all of us while letting it go makes things easier on all of us.
I agree. I live in the NE and it's REAL easy to get sucked in. Plus I'm on the road so much (10 hours/week to and from work). I used to pull that kind of stuff, but now I just look the other way (but that's REALLY hard to do sometimes). Guess old age has mellowed me a little. Now when I have a close call, I thank God that He's delivered through it without an accident.

Drive safely!
Old 05-29-2001, 06:38 AM

here is what my story is.

I had two fights with the *** holes who tries to think I am afraid of them.

since my wife is pregnent, I haven't had a fight.

I just try to enjoy my ride and system in my car, just cruising normally, but there are so many *** holes in this world and don't let peaceful people stay in peace. But I let go every time.

one time, the guy lost a race to me and at the light, he came out of his car and run to my car, guess what happened? I did a burn out and left him in the dust! hahahahaha

oh, those two fight, all self defending, and won them all.

but let it go, man, let it go. when I think back, I think I was stupid to fight them, even I won.
Old 05-29-2001, 08:07 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

So far nice advice from everyone...I agree completely, but I think RBA has justification in what he did. C'mon now guys, let's all go back in time right now...to the time when you were at the age when you were ready to rumble if you had to. I mean, I'm sure some of you have stepped into a predicament where someone was in your face and your 2 choices were to fight him or run like a b1atch.

This happened to me more often than the average person had to deal with. Me being a knucklehead, thinking I could take on the world especially at that age (23-24) was more than willing to take people on and enjoy it.

It's all about growing up and living your life cuz now that I think about it, WTF was I thinking?? At any given moment, I could've been killed. Even though you know your gonna beat him down, you just gotta remind yourself that these fool'zare not worth it! If you decide to be the bigger man and walk away...that's the end of it. If you choose to fight you either win and walk away, win and catch payback later on...or receive a smack down with the possibility of getting killed.

I still have alot to live for. Family, gf, friend's, and of course driving my Max...
Old 05-29-2001, 08:09 AM

I would step out of my car only if I feel no big danger

you know, you never know who the other guy is.

Maybe he is an ex-convict who has nothing to lose by killing me. Maybe he is some car thief in hallucination. It could be a racist confederate with a shot gun.

But I assume this guy was just a plain looking regular guy who thinks he can scare other people.

In this case, I would step out and kick his ***.
Old 05-29-2001, 09:33 AM

dont provoke

..a ****ed of dude. Who knows..maybe your just the icing on the cake of the guys bad day.
I always carry a small container of pepper spray in the car. Too many psycho's out there
Old 05-29-2001, 09:39 AM

Heard plenty of stories regarding this type of stuff escalating into all sorts of dangerous situations, accidents with death, etc. I understand the urge to put others in their place but its not worth the risks in my opinion.
Old 05-29-2001, 10:10 AM

There were 3 of us & 1 of him & my friends are suckers when someone wants to bring da ruckus..

Old 05-29-2001, 01:37 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Bring da ruckus? Shouldn't it be "bring in 'da noise bring in 'da funk"?

And ppl in NYC love to honk at every little thing. Just be careful you don't get capped bro. Hate to see you go before you finish chroming out your engine bay.

Originally posted by RBa
Let me just put it this way.. There were 3 of us & 1 of him & my friends are suckers when someone wants to bring da ruckus..
Old 05-29-2001, 03:14 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Boy does it bring back alot of memory when I think about rage. I used to never back down from a fight. One time me and 2 of my friends had to bring the smack down on 9 guys. They were eating spare ribs in a chinese rest. and making cat noises at the same time. Needless to say we beat some sense into them. But whatever it may be lately I've been trying to avoid confrontation because I also feel that it was not worth it. Half the time I am carrying my firearm anyways ( Yes I have a license to carry) but I feel this makes me more responsible because I know if ever I need to shoot it that there is serious repercussions and the only time I would was if it ever came down to me or him....
Old 05-29-2001, 06:48 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RBa
[B]I was slowing down b/c of the huge pothole upahead and some a$$hole in a grand prix...

Hey RBa, this guys was a bad a$$, idiot, moron, stupid, probably have the IQ of a carot, you did the right thing, perhaps I shouldn't say, but I hope you kick his a$$, that's what I would have done, did I just said that...

Have a beer, ralax and watch the game ( devil vs avalanche )

Cheers

Double A
Old 05-29-2001, 07:41 PM

dumb n dumber out there

RBa,
Whatever you did with your boyz hope the idiot learned not to be an idiot in the future. I'm a NY driver and this is daily s&%t out here, the potholes suck, the morons are plenty and the cabbies are jerks. That said it ain't worth it.
Way too many trigger happy fools on the road, even a BB gun hurts like a mother f**ker.
You're thread on this is a lot like the one i started about the SUV morons a month ago...the idiots never change around here...but be careful with what you do.
Old 05-29-2001, 08:22 PM

LOL!

HAHAHA, yeah, man, I know what you mean bro! The road rage in the DC area is getting out of hand! Luckily nothing escalated though! Still a funny a$$ story! Be careful next time! Just stop completely, and when the dude gets out of the car, wait for him to get kinda close to yours, then floor it again!
Old 05-29-2001, 08:29 PM

Re: LOL!

This is why you need a potato gun or a dumb hoe beater in the car
Old 05-29-2001, 08:31 PM

Re: Re: LOL!

Originally posted by yongjun
LOL!
Old 05-29-2001, 09:34 PM

Re: Re: LOL!

Originally posted by yongjun

mmmm... potatos... Seriously, i saw this thing on TV where they have a contest engineering potato guns... Looks like getting hit by one of those would knock a gorilla out cold...

(and then there was this thing about pumpkin canons... they get them to shoot several hundred yards... simply freaky)

-Tom Z.

PS. i keep a replica HK USP /P8 in the car (I bought it in Europe, so it doesn't have the blaze orange paint on the front)... If the situation ever got out of hand, it could be used to restore order without the threat of having to actually shoot someone. NJ is really tough on concealed weapons laws, and from what I hear, it is next to impossible for your average citizen to get a permit to carry (unless you have a specific and immediate need to carry a concealed weapon, currently work in a field which requires you to have a weapon, or are a retired police officer). Without any research, I'm hoping that getting caught with a toy guy (albeit an EXTREMELY realistic toy gun) isn't a major infraction, unless I do try to do something stupid with it, like robbing a bank...
Old 05-29-2001, 10:46 PM

Re: Re: Re: LOL!

Originally posted by tomz17

PS. i keep a replica HK USP /P8 in the car (I bought it in Europe, so it doesn't have the blaze orange paint on the front)... If the situation ever got out of hand, it could be used to restore order without the threat of having to actually shoot someone.
I would think that would certainly provoke someone (that just happened to have a real gun) into cappin' yo butt into the next world.

Not sure I would mess with that one.

A smart fighter pilot always knows it's better to live to fight another day when the situation looks grim.

However... in RBa's case, wouldn't it have been interesting if he had a trunk-mounted pumpkin cannon. Would have certainly taken care of that jack@ss. j/k... roadrage=someone's gonna get hurt.

Cheers!
Old 05-29-2001, 10:56 PM
RBa

Re: Re: Re: Re: LOL!

However... in RBa's case, wouldn't it have been interesting if he had a trunk-mounted pumpkin cannon. Would have certainly taken care of that jack@ss. j/k... roadrage=someone's gonna get hurt.
LoL!!!!
Old 05-30-2001, 07:59 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: LOL!

Originally posted by RcticMax

I would think that would certainly provoke someone (that just happened to have a real gun) into cappin' yo butt into the next world.

Not sure I would mess with that one.

Believe me, I've thought about that... But if the situation looks grim, I figure it's better than nothing. Besides, there are dozens of other situations in which it may prove useful to have this option available to you. Think about how many times police officers draw their guns, and how many times those guns are actually fired. The intimidation factor of pointing a gun at someone is usually enough to resolve even the most dire situation peacefully. The only difference here is that they have the ultimate option of firing that weapon.

Besides, if you want to transport/keep a real gun (LEGALLY)in a car (in NJ), I believe you have to do it unloaded, and there are other restrictions as to where you have to keep it... Toy gun, or unloaded real gun?? It ultimately results in the same paradox (you can't use it if the situation demands it)... In either case, the person wishing to abide by the law is the one that gets screwed.. (not to get into politics here, but that simply bothers me beyond belief)

-Tom

Personally, I've never pulled over because of road rage... It's just not worth it.. But realizing the possibility that such a confrontation may one day prove to be inevitable is paramount to keeping a cool head when it does happen.
Old 05-30-2001, 09:44 AM

u crazy ...

baa-bbo!!!
Old 05-30-2001, 03:31 PM
CamelClutch

Detroit drivers are the craziest! Some fool in a bare bones Camaro tried to cut me off, and caught me off guard. I caught up to him two lanes over, and saw his signal for the lane between us.

Guess who got it?

When he started giving me the finger, I almost got into it, but the main thing is that people forget that road rage can also be taken out on the cars. In other words, I'm not going to stop so some fool can kick a dent in my baby.