5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

HELP! **scared**

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 10:49 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

alright, the rear springs still need to settle a little (and i still hear them settling) and my car is extremely dirty right now, but here are the pics:

Old 12-30-2005, 09:19 AM

Exactly...

Originally Posted by Kruppa
Yah both of us have H&R all around now and we love the ride/handling and the rear is perfect height but we both want the front to be a little lower and Progress and Tein H-Tech offer an even stance with the H&R rear (which we dont want to change bc 1. it's easier to just leave it and 2. the ride is so comfortable, while also putting the car at a low enough stance)...Progress has been known to give a more harsh ride and many guys with Progress are switching to H-Tech as a substitute so that's why we are doing it.
Yes I agree with everything that Kruppa said Steve. Yeah I'm tring to see which springs are the best in ride quality and performance, and looks.

BTW LA02MAX how do you hear the springs settleing?
I think it should take about a week for any springs to settle, right? And did you balance the front wheels already or not, cause I know we can't balance the rears???
Man sorry Lao I'm asking so many questinos.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by shurik
Yes I agree with everything that Kruppa said Steve. Yeah I'm tring to see which springs are the best in ride quality and performance.

I think it should take about a week for any springs to settle, right? And did you balance the front wheels already or not, cause I know we can't balance the rears???
Not to get off topic too much, but I think you can balance the rears (every time i go to town fair they try to convince me to get a 4 wheel alignment and i never do...just get the front and it's always fine)
Old 12-30-2005, 02:45 PM

Yes I agree with everything that Kruppa said Steve. Yeah I'm tring to see which springs are the best in ride quality and performance, and looks.

i hear the springs kind of creak whenever i start to move or when i get in my car or something...i think they should be fully settled by two weeks at most, but i think the rears take longer because there is less weight on them, and i installed my fronts first...i haven't had the car aligned...it seems to drive fine for now, but when i go get my tires rotated and balanced, i will get an alignment as well.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:56 PM

Hmm interesting thing, I went to the shop today for the aliment after H&R install and they checked them and told me that the aliment was good after installation. So didn't loose any money for the aliment, the angles were cambers were perfect.
Old 12-31-2005, 04:31 PM

well at least you got it done finally.....the exact same thing happened to me when changing the rears. That one bolt was stuck and my dad even threw his shoulder out tryin to get it off. We ended up puttin the car back together and driving with one stock spring still on to a garage. They did the swap in like 15 min.

About what you said the ride not being harsher than stock....i have the same springs on stock struts and my ride is way harsher than stock. It wouldn't be the illuminas either because the spring rate is what makes the ride stiff....
Old 12-31-2005, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by sublimer
About what you said the ride not being harsher than stock....i have the same springs on stock struts and my ride is way harsher than stock. It wouldn't be the illuminas either because the spring rate is what makes the ride stiff....
that's not what i've heard....the illuminas do a good job matching with the AM spring rates, while the stock struts do not...it will give you a really bouncy and harsh ride if you replace the springs but use the stock struts...
Old 12-31-2005, 06:59 PM

Does that mean...

Originally Posted by sublimer
well at least you got it done finally.....the exact same thing happened to me when changing the rears. That one bolt was stuck and my dad even threw his shoulder out tryin to get it off. We ended up puttin the car back together and driving with one stock spring still on to a garage. They did the swap in like 15 min.

Sublimer, does that mean that you're going to sell your H-techs? If yes I got dibs on fronts.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:05 PM
Mass_Media™

Originally Posted by LA02MAX
alright, the rear springs still need to settle a little (and i still hear them settling) and my car is extremely dirty right now, but here are the pics:

Looks good espically with the te wheels....
Old 01-01-2006, 07:08 PM

Sublimer, does that mean that you're going to sell your H-techs? If yes I got dibs on fronts.
haha not yet....maybe eventually when the dashboard rattles that occur after hitting every single bump get to me. right now ill take the looks.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by LA02MAX
that's not what i've heard....the illuminas do a good job matching with the AM spring rates, while the stock struts do not...it will give you a really bouncy and harsh ride if you replace the springs but use the stock struts...

hmm, then ill definately have to consider swapping my struts out....im kinda waiting till one of them blows. plus im not really looking forward to doing the install again. Would Blues improve the ride as well?
Old 01-01-2006, 07:23 PM

Sublimer - I would only use blues on stock springs and nothing else. Illuminas are perfect to dampen your Htechs.