5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

AMB temp button

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 01:36 PM

AMB temp button

Great! My ACC lights are burnt out, so today I took everything apart to take a look. I guess in the process I must have done something to the AMB button, cause now with everything reinstalled, it doesn't work. All the other buttons on the ACC unit work, just not the AMB one.

sonofab1tch.

Any suggestions, the last thing I want to do is to get a new unit for just the AMB, but I would like it back.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:40 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Take it back out and see if anything looks wrong...

PS- what do you have to do change them?? I have one out and it drives me crazy. Just been to lazy to tinker.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:03 PM

I made sure when I put it back in that everything was the exact same, so I thing I must have broken something on the inside. The problem was that I couldn't remove the CB from the face of the ACC unit. I think I might have pulled too hard and loosened a connection or something.

To change the bulbs, you have to remove the acc unit by removing all the trim and unscrewing the unit from the bracket. Open the unit up and look at the back of the CB, the three Blue round things on the bottom or the bulbs, you can twist them out and replace them.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:08 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by The Gange
I made sure when I put it back in that everything was the exact same, so I thing I must have broken something on the inside. The problem was that I couldn't remove the CB from the face of the ACC unit. I think I might have pulled too hard and loosened a connection or something.

To change the bulbs, you have to remove the acc unit by removing all the trim and unscrewing the unit from the bracket. Open the unit up and look at the back of the CB, the three Blue round things on the bottom or the bulbs, you can twist them out and replace them.
Not to sound like a

But what did you do to remove the trim?? I dont remeber any screws, and I am 270 miles from my car...

Also do you know the code on the bulb?? so I know what I need to replace them with.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:37 PM

To remove the trim, go here http://carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalNisMax3Str.htm

The harness are a little tough to take out, but it can be done.

Not sure what the codes are on the bulbs, i believe you can wire in a 5mm led with a 560k ohm resistor and that can work. The bulbs otherwise are expensive from a dealer.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:48 AM
Booyah grandma.... BOOYAH

Same thing happened to me about a year ago. I took everything apart to replace a bulb and in the process another one went out. I figured that if one of them is old enough to go bad, then all of them could be, and all the movement of the panel just sped up the process. So I bought another bulb, replaced it and haven't had any troubles since.

Fat