5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

I hate when this happens!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2001, 08:53 AM

I am sure the people that have been on here for a while knows my story about beating my cousins 78 TA with a 6.6 liter motor.

The other day I was giving my cousin some more ****z about me beating his car...well he blew up this time!! He got all ****y and told me that he didn't want to hear about it anymore....and he went on and on about how much I spent on my car and he also said that if he spent that much on a car he would be upset if it didn't beat his 3500 dollar car. He then said " If I were you I would just be happy that my car beat a big block and leave it at that." He then told me that he would be really upset if I brought up the subject anymore around his friends.....he said everytime the subject of cars comes up I rant and rave about beating his car in front of his friends.

Do any of you have friends or people that you beat get all ****y about the fact that a family sedan kicked their buttz! My cousin always has excuses why he didn't win....bad start...I was too close to him....why can people just say.....you got one fast car there!!!!

Sorry ....I needed to rant to my fellow maxima owners....displacement doesn't matter when your car weighs 700 more pounds!!!
Old 06-12-2001, 09:04 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Bring it up once in a while, but not too often.
Old 06-12-2001, 10:27 AM

I remember you telling the story of how you beat him, it was great, but you gotta let the guy keep some shread of dignity. I mean...he is family, don't cut him down too much in front of his friends. Now if he starts talking smack again... then you will need to remind him about the previous race how the max out played his supposed "muscle car".
As Mom always said ," Do unto others as you would have them do to you. "

Another of your cousins might buy a M3 and then you would be standing in your TA cousin's shoes!
Old 06-12-2001, 11:32 AM

Originally posted by FloMax
I remember you telling the story of how you beat him, it was great, but you gotta let the guy keep some shread of dignity. I mean...he is family, don't cut him down too much in front of his friends. Now if he starts talking smack again... then you will need to remind him about the previous race how the max out played his supposed "muscle car".
As Mom always said ," Do unto others as you would have them do to you. "

Another of your cousins might buy a M3 and then you would be standing in your TA cousin's shoes!
You are right...I was kind of being an ***** about it...and he put me in my place this time! I was kind of shocked how mad he was about it...I was having fun getting him worked up for another race (nobody to race in KC). After he went off it got all quiet in the room and I let him cool down a bit and apologized about the situation and told him that I didn't realize it was upsetting him so much. I am glad I told him that because he is a good friend and cousin...and it is nice that we just worked it out without having to take to "take it to the lawn".