5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Opinion on AE

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 07:27 AM

Opinion on AE

Just thought I'd check around for a few opinions from the 5th genners. My cousin is working with a dealership where they have an AE in Black/ light gray leather, 5 spd, 53K, car is in real good shape accept for the gas tank door is warped and the bottom hinge is unwelded, and the front bumper looks as it if it were oversprayed due to some blk paint on the headlight and grille, but the carfax shows the vehicle was never in any accident. The first asking price was $14.9k, but they advertised it on a local sales paper for $12.6k. So that price got his attention and we thought we would go in and try and beat them up on the price a little bit. The dealer said he would work with us, so he asks us to make an offer so he can present it to his manager. My cousin offers $10 grand out the door (tax, title, lic included). The manager counter offers with $12k does not include tax title license. So we chit chat and talk it over and then talk to the dealer again. He really likes the AE, as I have one is maj blue but auto. Well we try to push $10k or even $10.5k for the price of the vehicle and add on tax title lic of course. No deal, but as we are leaving the dealer runs back out and now they are willing to sell the car $11.5k. The car is at a chevy dealer and has only been on the lot for 4 days, but we are the only ones that came it to check it out! My cousin told the dealer he would think about that price and possibly get back to him on Monday. I know this is a damn good price for an AE with 53K, was just wondering what are some of your opinions? Thanks!
Old 04-23-2006, 07:33 AM

Do you mean SE?

That is a good price. I paid allot more for mine.

Do a CarFax and have it checked out real good. There are "flood" cars on the market as well as "rebuilds", and you do not want either.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:54 AM
Pointy Elbows

No, I think he DOES mean AE (Anniversary Edition). That's some good price haggling that you guys are doing. Keep it up, and I'm sure you'll come closer to $10k.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:57 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by RLW001
Do you mean SE?
no he means AE....anniversary edition

EDIT: ^^^beat me to it...

I'm not too sure if that's a really GOOD price, but i would think it would be average for that car...i was looking at an AE before i got my car a year and a half ago and i almost bought a maj. blue one with 63k miles (5-speed) and it was 10.9k....and that was a year and a half ago...now i thought THAT was a good deal....let's just say that at least you aren't getting raped here...
Old 04-23-2006, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by RLW001
Do you mean SE?

That is a good price. I paid allot more for mine.

Do a CarFax and have it checked out real good. There are "flood" cars on the market as well as "rebuilds", and you do not want either.
Thanks guys for the quick replys. It is actually an Anniversary Edition, 00MAXSE and LA02MAX are on the right track! IMO the car is in excellent shape, shifts like a champ, runs very smooth. The only thing that kinda caught my eye was the overspray on the headlights and grille, but no accidents came up on carfax. The dealer said the overspray was from a company they work with that comes out to their lot and does touch ups on the vehicles if there was any chips on the bumper or something. Like I said that is a hell of a deal imo, but we were trying to get the dealer to come to either $10k or $10.5 if possible, hell I told my cousin I paid $28k for mine brand new in 01. So right now we are playing the waiting game to see if the dealer will come to our price. They claim they gave the previous owner of it $11k, so if they sell the car for $11.5, they are not getting rich off the deal at all!
Old 04-23-2006, 10:02 AM
Z

11.5 is a great price. And IMO, 10k is low-balling. AE's are very rare and worth more than other 3.0L 5th gens. Go and pick it up, because you won't find a deal like this again.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:34 PM

Yup, that's exactly whats gonna happen, my cousin is going back to the dealer on Monday to purchase the vehicle. $11.5k is the price it looks like he will get it at. I was actually just searching vehix, automart, autotrader, etc to see what other dealers were asking for an AE and most of them were $14.9 or higher! Thanks again guys for the opinions! much appreciated!