5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Bulbs and Marker lenses

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2001, 08:07 PM

I want to do the marker bulbs and and change the covers to clears. I also want to change the fog light bulbs to something different and/or brighter, even after reading the horror stories about how tough they are to install. I saw a Jetta with the bright marker lights and it looked really sharp.

What should I buy for bulbs?
What are my options?
What part numbers do I ask for when walking into my local AutoZone, because they always tell me there's nothing available for my car.

Thanks in advance.

Trex
Old 06-15-2001, 08:15 PM

Originally posted by TrexMax
I want to do the marker bulbs and and change the covers to clears. I also want to change the fog light bulbs to something different and/or brighter, even after reading the horror stories about how tough they are to install. I saw a Jetta with the bright marker lights and it looked really sharp.

What should I buy for bulbs?
What are my options?
What part numbers do I ask for when walking into my local AutoZone, because they always tell me there's nothing available for my car.

Thanks in advance.

Trex
Well I will give this a shot.
I advise you not to buy anything for your lighting at autozone.
Go to a local racing parts store for all the goodies.
Now depending on what color you want for your clear marker bulb here are your options. An amber 194 wedge bulb, a hyper white 194 bulb, a plasma 194 bulb.
I have PIAA plasma 194 bulb in my front clear markers. They are very blue, and would probably cause you to get a ticket. IF you want to stay stock just get an amber bulb.

Now for foglights. If you don't want to spend more then 30 bucks try some philips blue vision that can be purchased at a K-mart. If you want a bright bulb with no hint of blue I suggest you try Koito fog light h3s. These can be purchased at courtesy nissan for about 50 bucks. If you want a plasma color try catz fog light bulbs. You can find these at www.autobulbdepot.com. If you want yellow fog light bulbs you can either make a custom yellow conversion or you can buy some PIAA ion gold for about 80 bucks.
If you need all the bulb sizes check this link out.
http://www.dream2kr.com/bulb.html
You can thank YJ for this list
Happy bulb changing
Old 06-15-2001, 08:18 PM

Thank you very much

Originally posted by yongjun

Well I will give this a shot.
I advise you not to buy anything for your lighting at autozone.
Go to a local racing parts store for all the goodies.
Now depending on what color you want for your clear marker bulb here are your options. An amber 194 wedge bulb, a hyper white 194 bulb, a plasma 194 bulb.
I have PIAA plasma 194 bulb in my front clear markers. They are very blue, and would probably cause you to get a ticket. IF you want to stay stock just get an amber bulb.

Now for foglights. If you don't want to spend more then 30 bucks try some philips blue vision that can be purchased at a K-mart. If you want a bright bulb with no hint of blue I suggest you try Koito fog light h3s. These can be purchased at courtesy nissan for about 50 bucks. If you want a plasma color try catz fog light bulbs. You can find these at www.autobulbdepot.com. If you want yellow fog light bulbs you can either make a custom yellow conversion or you can buy some PIAA ion gold for about 80 bucks.
If you need all the bulb sizes check this link out.
http://www.dream2kr.com/bulb.html
You can thank YJ for this list
Happy bulb changing
Old 06-15-2001, 08:23 PM

asdf

No prob!