5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Anyone know if the LED angel eyes will fit on an I35

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Anyone know if the LED angel eyes will fit on an I35

Hey guys I have an 02 I35, obviously with HIDs. I really like those LED angel eyes that people are getting off ebay but I want to hear from people (who are more knowledgable about this subject) if they think those will work with my car. Also I am pretty sure dissasembling a maxima HID headlight is much harder because there is some small measure of anti theft protection. I would assume this pro***ion is also on the I35 headlights.

Let me know. I have no problem with buying a LED kit and trying the fit on the I35 as long as someone on here buys it off me for close to the same price given it doesnt fit. But before I do that I want to know if what I heard about HIDs being harder to dissasemble is true.

Thanks,
Josh

p.s. SFCs go on in 1 week I cant wait!
Old 05-03-2006, 05:45 PM

Pretty demanding! There only $35 shipped! Why would anyone want to sit around and wait to see if yours fit to save say 5 bucks? Sorry can't help you on the I35 but I can tell you they are not an exact fit on the Maxima as the Max's highbeam and low beam are two different sizes and the ebay lights are one size.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by MAXRB8
Pretty demanding! There only $35 shipped! Why would anyone want to sit around and wait to see if yours fit to save say 5 bucks? Sorry can't help you on the I35 but I can tell you they are not an exact fit on the Maxima as the Max's highbeam and low beam are two different sizes and the ebay lights are one size.

Well I dont meen it to be demanding I am saying somene who is going to buy these already if they were to wait to let me try them first it would be a good way to knock 10$ off the price if they didnt fit my car and than if they did fit that person could still go through with their original idea and just buy from the guy on ebay... It gains knowledge for the forum in general and people still get the LEDs... it seems like a win win to me
Old 05-03-2006, 07:01 PM
Got Projectors?

LOL, $35 is cheap. Spend the money, try it out, then sell it if it doesn't work for you.

It's not like you're spending hundreds of dollars here. And I'm sure with a little effort you can get these to fit if you're motivated enough.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by MetaOrbit
LOL, $35 is cheap. Spend the money, try it out, then sell it if it doesn't work for you.

It's not like you're spending hundreds of dollars here. And I'm sure with a little effort you can get these to fit if you're motivated enough.
well if our lights are much bigger than the maxs lights than motivation isnt gonna help me any. Also without the info I'm asking for which pertains to the difficult of taking the I35 headlights appart, I am not in a position to take action.

I really dont have a good track record with modifying things that break.. aka every time I do something to the interior of the car I break some piece of plastic or other breakable part. Thus taking appart my 1300$ headlights scares the CRAP outta me and I wanna get as much info going into it as I can
Old 05-04-2006, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by sciff5
...taking appart my 1300$ headlights scares the CRAP outta me and I wanna get as much info going into it as I can
I agree, when are you planning on buying th halo rings?
Old 05-04-2006, 07:58 AM
Z

Originally Posted by MAXRB8
Wrongo. They came in TWO sizes. One is 14.5 and the other is 13.2.

Check out the CCFL kit: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...temZ8061179399
Old 05-04-2006, 01:25 PM
Got Projectors?

Originally Posted by sciff5
well if our lights are much bigger than the maxs lights than motivation isnt gonna help me any. Also without the info I'm asking for which pertains to the difficult of taking the I35 headlights appart, I am not in a position to take action.

I really dont have a good track record with modifying things that break.. aka every time I do something to the interior of the car I break some piece of plastic or other breakable part. Thus taking appart my 1300$ headlights scares the CRAP outta me and I wanna get as much info going into it as I can
Dude, if you'd have looked on cardomain or in the <gasp> I30/I35 section you'd see that there are folks who have removed and taken apart their headlights several times without problems. There's even a write-up on it. They all come apart the same.

And if the rings are really just acrylic rod with LEDs attached to them you should be able to slightly heat the rings and reshape them smaller or larger if you need to. If they're the CCFL type I wouldn't recommend that though.

As for breaking things...only thing I can suggest is to slow down and be a bit more careful. Taking things apart and removing them is not voodoo...just take it slowly and one step at a time.

And last but not least...motivation helps with EVERYTHING.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:24 PM

it was done before, i forgot who did it tho.

Old 05-05-2006, 06:56 AM
Got Projectors?

There are aftermarket headlights that have the angel eyes built in, I'm not sure if those are them though.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:03 AM

^^Those angel eye pics are mine. ^^ They are stock I30 headlights.

I already told this guy what was up in his other thread he had asking about these.

Meta, I need some help with that wiring harness. Finally got a projector mounted and drove around alittle to check the aim. I'll send you a PM later this evening.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:24 AM
Z

Originally Posted by MetaOrbit
There are aftermarket headlights that have the angel eyes built in, I'm not sure if those are them though.
Nope. It's a custom install.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by NYPD-Arnold
Wrongo. They came in TWO sizes. One is 14.5 and the other is 13.2.

Check out the CCFL kit: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...temZ8061179399
I was referring to the one's I bought not the CCFL's