5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

got rear ended...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 06:07 PM

got rear ended...

was driving in stop and go traffic today...well looks like certain people GOed more than they STOPPED lol some idiot in his big ol cadillac ran into me pretty hard...enough to throw me back in my seat hard (thank GOD for active head restraints..they did theyre job PERFECTLY) and i was like oh god my car is gonna be bad!!!! i got out to just find a dent in my bumper..scuff marks and a few nicks where other parts hit me. I have to say maxima rear ends are rock solid!!! but hes paying for the repairs anyway..and i did not get hurt cept me burning my cheek on the muffler looking under the car for any damage...DOH!
Old 05-25-2006, 06:17 PM
Doctor D I presume???

Originally Posted by Y2KmaxSE
was driving in stop and go traffic today...well looks like certain people GOed more than they STOPPED lol some idiot in his big ol cadillac ran into me pretty hard...enough to throw me back in my seat hard (thank GOD for active head restraints..they did theyre job PERFECTLY) and i was like oh god my car is gonna be bad!!!! i got out to just find a dent in my bumper..scuff marks and a few nicks where other parts hit me. I have to say maxima rear ends are rock solid!!! but hes paying for the repairs anyway..and i did not get hurt cept me burning my cheek on the muffler looking under the car for any damage...DOH!
Similar thing happened to me but not the out come was worse, stopped at a red light 18 seconds later I was rearended by a car that was hydroplaning at 40 mph. Knocked me into the vehicle ahead of me , I was out of work for a month. total damage: almost 20g ( not all out of pocket) ( medical, car repair, insurance deductibles,you get the gist) I wish I would have had your situation then. you got lucky
Old 05-25-2006, 08:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Burning face on muffler FTL...

I am at least smart enough to grab it with my hand!

That *hit gets hot...
Old 05-25-2006, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Y2KmaxSE
The main thing is you didn't get hurt. Check the spare tire well to see if there are any crunches in the metal. It's one of those crumple zones. Oh and if your neck starts to hurt in the next couple of days, go see a doctor. Years ago when I got rear ended I didn't want to go the doctor cuz I figured the neck ache would last only a couple of days. I ended up dealing with the discomfort for about two weeks. I think I was lucky because I've heard stories where people had to deal with the aching and discomfort for months, even years. Back then I was stubborn but today I would side with caution. Though minor, it would hurt to have it checked out.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:10 AM
Doctorate in Detailing

Glad to hear that you and the Max are in good shape. Still $ucks, though.

upstatemax wrote:
"Burning face on muffler FTL..."
....but are we sure the cheek he burned is on his face?
Old 05-26-2006, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by Bluesbrekr
upstatemax wrote:
"Burning face on muffler FTL..."
....but are we sure the cheek he burned is on his face?

It would be priceless if he burned his ****...
Old 05-26-2006, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by upstatemax
It would be priceless if he burned his ****...
I don't even wanna know why his naked **** would be down by the pipes... FTMFG
Old 05-26-2006, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Puppetmaster
I don't even wanna know why his naked **** would be down by the pipes... FTMFG

Did you see the Myth-Busters with the exploding pants?
Old 05-28-2006, 09:16 PM

Dammmmm that sucks.....good luck to ya.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:36 PM

Good thing there wasn't that much damage, and no one was hurt. People have to pay attention more on the road.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:18 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I feel your pain, literaly. About 3 weeks ago I had wrapped my 2004 pontiac vibe around a tree. A very cartoonish accident, It was raining and I was coming off the exit ramp approximately 35mph and to my suprise a deer is standing in the middle of it. I cut the wheel to inside of turn too much and back wheels started to drift on me.. I dont know how to drift...especiallly in FWD car. So I ended up on the grass, the greatest surface to try and stop on, and eventualy the tree jumped out in front of me. The funny thing about the accident is that the airbags never deployed, not only that, while I was talking to the state trooper, some idiot woman rubber-necking runs straight smack into jersey wall on the exit ramp like 15 feet from where we were standing. The Vibe was totaled. I got the insurance check and purchased me a brand new/used 2003 Maxima GLE.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:16 AM

Be careful cause sometimes it may look like no damage, but under that bumper there could be some problems.