5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

steering wheel vibration after putting on 20's....why?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by jimmyi35
Lol. My apologizes on the 16" 17" rim differential, I was thinking about my Infiniti stock size, not your 2000 Maxima, maybe if you spent a little more money to aquire a premium brand car you would be on my level, I also own a Mercedes and BMW, i'm sorry you have to eat cereal for dinner in your section 8 housing project. That's not my problem though, a Maxima is no car to brag about, let alone one that's turning 7 years old in half a year, maybe one day i'll let you wash my cars for me, have fun putting money into your FWD maxima which you hold up so high, only an idiot would try to make a FWD sedan faster, anyone who is here to add perfomance parts to there maxima should join my website, it's called Moronima.org/FWDRACER.com
i needed a good laugh, thank you very much
Old 06-09-2006, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by M1RAG3

HAHA funny pic

BTW both sets of chrome 20s look l . I guess if you think gold teeth and chains the size of small dinner plates look good than chrome 20s are right up your ally. BTW the first set is no where near as bad as the second, the second set... what were your thinking?
Old 06-09-2006, 10:55 PM

Lol. My apologizes on the 16" 17" rim differential, I was thinking about my Infiniti stock size, not your 2000 Maxima, maybe if you spent a little more money to aquire a premium brand car you would be on my level, I also own a Mercedes and BMW, i'm sorry you have to eat cereal for dinner in your section 8 housing project. That's not my problem though, a Maxima is no car to brag about, let alone one that's turning 7 years old in half a year, maybe one day i'll let you wash my cars for me, have fun putting money into your FWD maxima which you hold up so high, only an idiot would try to make a FWD sedan faster, anyone who is here to add perfomance parts to there maxima should join my website, it's called Moronima.org/FWDRACER.com
Good that you own a ton of depreciating assets on loan and a BMW 318 doesnt count as a BMW. How are those payments? Hows being in debt?

My buddy just bought a brand new Z06, hes also 150K in the hole. So your too stupid to keep the bank from owning your *** for the next decade want a fv<kin cookie? Now if you actually got money, which I doubt you do cause I know A LOT of loaded people and ones with money usually like to keep it on the DL, Show us you paid cash straight up for it and than you can be a "baller". That is also if your BMW and Mercedes were manufactured in this century. 1980s rust buckets aint nothin to brag about.

And even being a baller you'de still be like every other rick fv<ker, all money, no class or style. Get a life and go play on the BMW forums, try and stroke your ego over there where some people have dropped over 100k into their car.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by sciff5
HAHA funny pic

BTW both sets of chrome 20s look l . I guess if you think gold teeth and chains the size of small dinner plates look good than chrome 20s are right up your ally. BTW the first set is no where near as bad as the second, the second set... what were your thinking?

please man, i want asking your opinion on if you like my rims buddy, quite honestly i think your i35 rims are cheap looking man, so if you wanna talk about wheels...... quite honestly im not putting **** on my car to please others homes, so there is really no need ta bash others rims weather they be 10lbs racing wheels or 30lbs 22's keep the **** to yourself man, no ones tryin ta hear it
Old 06-10-2006, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by ratha77
please man, i want asking your opinion on if you like my rims buddy, quite honestly i think your i35 rims are cheap looking man, so if you wanna talk about wheels...... quite honestly im not putting **** on my car to please others homes, so there is really no need ta bash others rims weather they be 10lbs racing wheels or 30lbs 22's keep the **** to yourself man, no ones tryin ta hear it
quick question bro, how much do your 20's weigh, i had 20" x 8.5" DeZenyo Mirages and they were 31lbs each, not including tire, i could feel a little strain plus it was rubbin in the rear which is why i took em off.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:01 AM

Like I said your rims dont look anywhere near as bad as the second set of rims. I am with irish when I say chrome rims in general are but you really cant go too wrong with a 5 spoke style rim with any finish.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:57 PM
jimmyi35

Lol. Your amusing, please visit my area sometime, i'd be glad to show you my infiniti: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2340194, bmw: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2377312, or my mercedes: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/643991, maybe one day you can show me your maxima, Lol, or your "mountain bike" mr. trump

Old 06-10-2006, 08:19 PM
jimmyi35

please don't ban me from "maxima.org" maxima is the best car ever made, hands down...

LOL! go ahead, I only joined this POS maxima page out of respect of infiniti, i'm sorry i don't treasure my japanese import like you guys, I guess that nissan symbol on your steering wheel really gives you status in this world, Lol, Maxima, what a joke... The only thing the maxima is maximum of is the number of people laughing at it when it has Nismo parts with people trying to race a front wheel drive "maximum speed machine", Lmao, AMG and M, the letters you read on the car passing your laxima by 5 car lengths.

You are in for a long haul because rice will never taste like kraut

Old 06-10-2006, 09:46 PM

Your a joke.. get a life.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:32 PM

LOL! go ahead, I only joined this POS maxima page out of respect of infiniti, i'm sorry i don't treasure my japanese import like you guys, I guess that nissan symbol on your steering wheel really gives you status in this world, Lol, Maxima, what a joke... The only thing the maxima is maximum of is the number of people laughing at it when it has Nismo parts with people trying to race a front wheel drive "maximum speed machine", Lmao, AMG and M, the letters you read on the car passing your laxima by 5 car lengths.

The funny thing is a maxima is faster than both your BMW and your mercedes. So yes there are faster BMWs and Mercedes but guess your only baller enough to own the slow models.

BTW if all you care about is speed, all it takes is a camaro to take out every car in BMWs lineup minus the M5, and for half the money of the m5 a vette would own every BMW or Mercedes for a fraction of the money. The only mercedes that can keep up with the vette but would still get lost in the corners was actually made by McClaren and badged as a mercedes.

BMW and mercedes both make really fast cars but it doesnt look like your any closer to owning "the good ones" than anyone else here. As both of your "baller" mobiles are only BMW and Mercedes' "Entry Level" models.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:31 PM
THIS IS...

Is this motherf'ucker a a joke? You are 20, work at a burger king and have an acne problem so those cars you have dont exist in your apartment parking lot. **** off, Mr. e-baller.

You are on your way to the ban train...(awaiting OT to see this chodes post...)
Old 06-10-2006, 11:40 PM
Doin' it 4 da shorteez

Infinities are Japanese imports? When?
Old 06-10-2006, 11:43 PM
Doin' it 4 da shorteez

Damn, Infiinity boy starting some ****!
Old 06-10-2006, 11:54 PM
Doin' it 4 da shorteez

V Dub! In da houz!
Old 06-11-2006, 12:02 AM
wat

Lol. Your amusing, please visit my area sometime, i'd be glad to show you my infiniti: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2340194, bmw: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2377312, or my mercedes: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/643991, maybe one day you can show me your maxima, Lol, or your "mountain bike" mr. trump
Oh your "poor man's" BMW and Mercedes?
Old 06-11-2006, 12:09 AM

let me get this straight, you own an Infiniti?
Old 06-11-2006, 12:52 AM
Droppin logs

Originally Posted by MrGone
let me get this straight, you own an Infiniti?
Don't forget a BMW and Mercedes...
Old 06-11-2006, 12:53 AM
Doin' it 4 da shorteez

Originally Posted by D-Bo
Don't forget a BMW and Mercedes...
Escalade is on all da childrens hit list! But he specified kraut so you get the win.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:36 AM

All of those cars are in different houses... Crappy pics of your Dads car does not prove crap.

So unless you own three homes as well, those are not your cars.

I think the Infiniti is, but the cheap wannabe Mercedes is most likely not yours and your dads BMW does not count as your car...
Old 06-11-2006, 09:48 AM

ratha77 From what you initially said and from what everyone else is syaing I would agree you need to get the wheels balanced again. If you already have hub centric rings and they are the correct size they you can rule that out as a possible cause. Once you get the wheels balanced you might or might not need an alignment unless you have a noticeable pull to either side on a straight smooth road when you release the steering wheel for a few seconds. Just dont do this on a busy road. That pretty much all I can think of for now.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Redstone
ratha77 From what you initially said and from what everyone else is syaing I would agree you need to get the wheels balanced again. If you already have hub centric rings and they are the correct size they you can rule that out as a possible cause. Once you get the wheels balanced you might or might not need an alignment unless you have a noticeable pull to either side on a straight smooth road when you release the steering wheel for a few seconds. Just dont do this on a busy road. That pretty much all I can think of for now.

thanks red, this thread has gotten outta hand with this clown brewin up some **** on here, it wont be long till this thread is locked,

hey jimmy check out my other car, its a silver S8, not the colour silver....... Made out of Sterling silver you *****, thats me to the right, and thats my compund behind me.......

Old 06-11-2006, 10:40 AM

few more pics for your stank azz jim

Old 06-23-2006, 10:23 PM

20s on a Maxima are ridiculous.

do i need to go for an alignment? this is on my 03 SE, my steering wheel vibrates back and forth quite a bit when i drive with the new rims, never was like that with the stock 17's, sometimes is worse than others, usually worse at high speeds, any input would be appreciated.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:13 AM

just had to add my 2 cents in....
Jimmys cars all look like crap. the infinity is garbage. the benz is butt... and the bmw is prob ur moms.
come to new york.... come to tha hood... get smacked up and robbed... we'll keep the cars and rid them ugly lookin rims.
modding FWD cars is a joke? wow, i know of a honda CRX all motor that will hand it to your "AMG"
anyways......
20's on a maxima would look right if you dont have this jimmy guys taste in rims.
just do your research on the bolt patterns and i dont think maximas are supposed to have staggered rims on em..
Old 02-22-2007, 10:45 AM

do i need to go for an alignment? this is on my 03 SE, my steering wheel vibrates back and forth quite a bit when i drive with the new rims, never was like that with the stock 17's, sometimes is worse than others, usually worse at high speeds, any input would be appreciated.
If you've never had an alignment then maybe you are due. with 20" you will feel the road more then if you went to 18". however since you have chosen to go +3 in size, then your ride will be much harsher and you will feel every peddle on the road.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by 98sebring
If you've never had an alignment then maybe you are due. with 20" you will feel the road more then if you went to 18". however since you have chosen to go +3 in size, then your ride will be much harsher and you will feel every peddle on the road.
if this is the case, suspension wouldnt matter?
in other words, if i had top of the line springs and shocks and threw dubs on my car... i would feel every "pebble" on the road?
or are you refering to throwing dubs on a stock suspension?
Old 02-22-2007, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by babyboyws6
if this is the case, suspension wouldnt matter?
in other words, if i had top of the line springs and shocks and threw dubs on my car... i would feel every "pebble" on the road?
or are you refering to throwing dubs on a stock suspension?
all i'm saying is that maybe he needs an alignment. he spends $2-3k on tires and wheels, whats $100 for a 4 wheel alignment. btw what is a dub????
Old 02-22-2007, 07:30 PM
$$ Ballin on a Budget $$

Why are you guys answering a question that was dated June of 06?

If he hasn't posted anything else about since then, one could only assume that it was answered
way back then!!!