5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Restrictor plate...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 01:12 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Restrictor plate...

Has anyone other than maxboost removed their throttle body restrictor plate? If so, pros...cons...
Old 07-12-2006, 02:19 PM
Only gentoo powered Maxima!

yeah i took mine out but i still have a stock intake and exhaust so I dont see any difference at the moment.... it took minutes to take out
Old 07-12-2006, 02:34 PM

mines out, lil more whistle but as far as i know of, no gain.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:56 PM
Cletus

mine is out. i cant tell a diffirence (good or bad)
Old 07-12-2006, 03:21 PM
Fortuna Favet Fortibus

Giving the Red Dragon a little boost? We'll keep it on the down low...
Old 07-12-2006, 03:29 PM
It's business time.

How does one remove the restrictor plate?
Old 07-12-2006, 03:36 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by Progress
How does one remove the restrictor plate?
you take it out

remove throttle body. the plate is between that and the intake manifold
Old 07-12-2006, 03:46 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by soonerfan
you take it out
++++++++++++++
Old 07-12-2006, 03:51 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

mine is out. i cant tell a diffirence (good or bad)
your 02 had the plate?
Old 07-12-2006, 03:53 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by sloppymax
your 02 had the plate?
actually i dont know. i removed it on my old 00
Old 07-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I took it out and what do you know, more whistle and no other big difference, maybe a little at the top end.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:00 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

actually i dont know. i removed it on my old 00
i have never seen a 3.5 with one, which is why i asked. i used that as part justification to remove mine.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:04 PM
It's business time.

remove throttle body. the plate is between that and the intake manifold
That's what I meant. I didn't want to come off as even more naive.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:19 PM
dot dot dot ...

3.5L = .........
Old 07-12-2006, 05:07 PM
Need A Light?

i took out my TB quite a few times on my 3.5L....and I don't see anything inbetween....
Old 07-12-2006, 05:12 PM
dot dot dot ...

That's because there's nothing there.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:12 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by steven88
i took out my TB quite a few times on my 3.5L....and I don't see anything inbetween....
not even a gasket?!?!?
Old 07-12-2006, 05:14 PM
Need A Light?

not even a gasket?!?!?
okay you got me
Old 07-12-2006, 05:22 PM
dot dot dot ...

THAT is the 02+ restrictor plate, I knew it had one.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:26 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
THAT is the 02+ restrictor plate, I knew it had one.
remove it!!!!!
Old 07-12-2006, 05:28 PM
dot dot dot ...

Use a phenolic spacer... just like the one for the LIM...
Old 07-12-2006, 06:15 PM
retired moderator

STOP CALLING IT A RESTRICTOR PLATE!!! This is not NASCAR
Old 07-12-2006, 06:21 PM
dot dot dot ...

It's a gasket .. 's

Maximas are NASCARs.. Mullets FTW.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:23 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

Originally Posted by irish44j
STOP CALLING IT A RESTRICTOR PLATE!!! This is not NASCAR
just cause you turn right doesnt mean the rest of have to. fast actually has a non specific name for the part and it is smaller than the tb. part of it is flat like a plate so i guess the name fits. we could call it the restrictive flat on one side with a waterslide on the other side plate that chips and lets paint go into your engine plate.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:27 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by sloppymax
just cause you turn right doesnt mean the rest of have to. fast actually has a non specific name for the part and it is smaller than the tb. part of it is flat like a plate so i guess the name fits. we could call it the restrictive flat on one side with a waterslide on the other side plate that chips and lets paint go into your engine plate.
the problem with calling it a restrictor plate is that that infers that it is RESTRICTING something...and then people think...."well I don't want any restriction!" and remove it.

Calling it a restrictor plate infers that it is hurting performance and therefore should be removed...which is not true.

I realize it's semantics, but it's really just "part of the throttle body" and nothing more.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:28 PM
Drug Money

the problem with calling it a restrictor plate is that that infers that it is RESTRICTING something...and then people think...."well I don't want any restriction!" and remove it.

Calling it a restrictor plate infers that it is hurting performance and therefore should be removed...which is not true.

I realize it's semantics, but it's really just "part of the throttle body" and nothing more.
...ok,

so its a VORTEX GENERATOR
Old 07-13-2006, 12:44 AM
Drug Money

oh you can definitely feel the 1-2 hp in the high end.

or perhaps it was the whistle that got me?
Old 07-13-2006, 05:05 AM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

but since its smaller than the tb, by around 5-6mm if iirc, wouldnt you classify that as a restriction?
Old 07-13-2006, 05:15 AM
Play with my balls

Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate

Ftw

Restrictor Plate
Old 07-13-2006, 05:30 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by MaxBoost925
oh you can definitely feel the 1-2 hp in the high end.

or perhaps it was the whistle that got me?
You can feel 1-2 hps gains? Your butt dyno must hyper-sensitive.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by Deckdout2
Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate Restrictor Plate

Ftw

Restrictor Plate

Ftw

Restrictor Plate

Ftw

Restrictor Plate

Ftw

Restrictor Plate

Ftw

Restrictor Plate

Old 07-13-2006, 05:32 AM
Play with my balls

Originally Posted by Puppetmaster
You can feel 1-2 hps gains? Your butt dyno must hyper-sensitive.
That damn maxima.org sticker was suppose to add a couple horses, but I think the coefficient drag on them is costing me some speed.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:33 AM
It's business time.

Do they sell aftermarket "restrictive flat on one side with a waterslide on the other side plate that chips and lets paint go into your engine plate"s?

Because, if so, I have no money to afford one.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:34 AM
It's business time.

That damn maxima.org sticker was suppose to add a couple horses, but I think the coefficient drag on them is costing me some speed.

The stickers adding HP routine just never gets old,

loser.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:41 AM
Play with my balls

loser.
Don't make me karate chop you in the jugular.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:48 AM
It's business time.

Don't make me karate chop you in the jugular.
That's fine. Bring it on. My jugular would counter attack to your bawls.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:53 AM

Where Deckdout is, Progress follows... how predictable...
Old 07-13-2006, 05:59 AM
Play with my balls

I'm on invisible too, I can't hide myself from any of you phools. I'm glad your right there to it up though. Thanks
Old 07-13-2006, 05:59 AM
It's business time.

It's the reverse in "the other board."
Old 07-13-2006, 06:00 AM
Play with my balls

That's fine. Bring it on. My jugular would counter attack to your bawls.
That's a little homo don't you think?

Quick Reply: Restrictor plate...