5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Got Hit Last Night....

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 10:13 AM

Got Hit Last Night....

So i pull up to the mall entrance to pick up my sister from work. Im there not even 30 seconds and in my left rear vier i see a Lexus LX470 pull up fast. I automatically think "This dude is about to hit me." Next thing you know the guy rams into my left rear end pushing in my bumper and smashing my tailight. He must have been going 30+ when he hit me. At first it seemed like he hit me on purpose b/c of how fast he was goin. He stopped hard and got out his car. I was heated to say the least. I got out my car and threw my hands up.. "What was that for!!!??" He tells me he is sorry and that he hit the gas instead of the brake. I go out and look at my car and first thing i told myself.. "if he hit my rear lip..." but he JUST missed it. Reason for this is is that i dont think the lip is insured, didnt have it on the car when Geico took those pictures but whatever... its not damaged.

He was feeling bad so it made me feel bad so i toned down alot. I really thought he hit me on purpose but he goes on telling me in a stressed out manner "I shouldnt be here, i should be at home sleeping" and "I just got this car out of service and shows me his valet ticket. I looked at his car and he was missing his left corner lamp. He hit me with his right side.

I called the police, exchanged info and mall security came out. I swear mall security did a better job of asking me questions then the cop did. The question he asked me was "You know your not supposed to be parked here right?" I said "Yeah, i was here not even 30 seconds to pick up my sister" He then says "You dont have to defend yourself, i know its not your fault" This eased me a little. But the thing that got me was that he was asking the other guy ALL the questions. Didnt even get my story. After he interviews the guy that hits me, i go up to him and said, "So what you say?" He says, " uh.. cop stuff"

He BETTER have not told him a phony story. Tehre were witnesses that left but knew dam well it was his fault. While they left they had their window down and made some remarks to the dude... Haha.. hey it made me feel better.

But here are the pics. The last pic shows the scenario. If you look close you can see a pedestrian cone sign thingy... He managed to dogde that and hit my car... yeh...

These are SE 00 tails.. now they look like the 02-03 lights!!

*sigh* i feel better after telling this...
Old 12-24-2006, 10:14 AM

His car suffered more damage then my car. I remember hearing him say " This piece of sh*t Lexus.. look at yours and look at mine. I JUST got this out of service too"

Old 12-24-2006, 10:18 AM
Z

Wtf.

That Lexus got demolished! Either way, first thing you do is apply a blow-dryer or heat gun to the bumper. The paint doesn't look bad, and the heat will straighten the bumper out a good bit. You really only need a new taillight. I had the same exact type of damage months back, but on the other corner. My paint cracked, but heating up the bumper worked well to get it back into shape.

Edit: omfglollerz@typo!
Old 12-24-2006, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by NYPD-Arnold
Wtf.

That Lexus got demolished! Either way, first thing you do is apply a blow-dryer or heat gun to the bumper. The paint doesn't look bad, and the heat will straighten the bumper out a good bit. You really only need a new headlight. I had the same exact type of damage months back, but on the other corner. My paint cracked, but heating up the bumper worked well to get it back into shape.

are you blind or retarded he got hit in the back so he needs a new tail not a headlight
Old 12-24-2006, 10:30 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by LiGhtSoUt
are you blind or retarded he got hit in the back so he needs a new tail not a headlight
ouch, show no mercy for typos
Old 12-24-2006, 10:32 AM

forget the blow dryer, take it to a shop, let them look at it, you may have other damages that you cant see... if he hit you doing like 30mph, im pretty sure he knocked something lose somewhere... better safe than sorry, tryin to cut corners... just my .2.
Old 12-24-2006, 10:44 AM
Z

Originally Posted by LiGhtSoUt
Uhhh, typo much, as*hole?
Old 12-24-2006, 10:48 AM
I'm a Happy Man!

Wow good thing he missed the lip. this goes to show you how strong maximas are. i mean look at your damage on your car vs the lexus. Sorry about your car though.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:16 PM

Glad your OK. The damage is definitely minimal... GL with the fix and the insurance company.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:37 PM

Yeah the Lexus definetly got the worst of that one......serves him right!!!
Old 12-24-2006, 02:04 PM
Pointy Elbows

Wow, glad your lip is ok. You got lucky there. Keep us updated on the repair process.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:37 PM
I'm a Happy Man!

Originally Posted by rimaximaman
Yeah the Lexus definetly got the worst of that one......serves him right!!!

i dont understand some ppl why would they refuse to slow down once that are in a busy environment. some ppl do not deserve to drive period.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:58 PM
DAP

The part behind the bumper where it meets the body may have paint damage that you can't see. I would take it to a body shop or remove the bumper yourself to see.
Old 12-24-2006, 09:00 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Old 12-24-2006, 09:09 PM
Go BUCKS!!!

Originally Posted by skmaxima2535
Any sort of story to go along with your thread hijacking post?
Old 12-24-2006, 09:49 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

yea i have a story, some guy came head on at me on a snowy/rainy day and idodged him and i spun out and the guy ran away
Old 12-24-2006, 10:06 PM

umm the only reason the lexus got more damage is because he hit his plastic bumper right missing the metal bumper. I am sure if it was his full front hitting, the rear of the max, it would have been a very diffirent story! sorry to hear about your car, but at least you didn't get hit by some geo metro, so the insurance is all good!
Old 12-24-2006, 10:12 PM

dude that sucks!! what an as$hole!!! why the heck did he hit you? i was at the mall coupld days ago, now i know better not to park at that spot. jersey got some bad drivers. make his insurance pay for it, dont touch the car. i seen you car at BCC few weeks ago too.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Teufelhunden
dude that sucks!! what an as$hole!!! why the heck did he hit you? i was at the mall coupld days ago, now i know better not to park at that spot. jersey got some bad drivers. make his insurance pay for it, dont touch the car. i seen you car at BCC few weeks ago too.
Yeh man, it was actually at the JCPenny entrance near Boscov's. But i also saw your car a couple weeks ago parked at Larrison. He hit me b/c he said this "I hit the gas instead of the brake" He was flying the whole time i looked in my rear view.

Yeh this sucks. Im def. taking it to the shop probably on Tues to get an estimate. Im also gonna call Geico probably on tues as well. I kno the damage looks minor but still.... It Hurts.... Oh my BABY!! grrrrrrr

Aye..some Christmas this has turned out to be.. But its all good, im alive
Old 12-25-2006, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by MaximaGT-R
i dont understand some ppl why would they refuse to slow down once that are in a busy environment. some ppl do not deserve to drive period.
yea.. idiot confused the brake and gas pedals..
when you do that, you definitely shouldn't be allowed to drive
Old 12-25-2006, 02:06 AM
I R The Law

damn that sucks
Old 12-25-2006, 05:13 AM
hazepurple

i woulda ****ing been so pissed off!!!

Old 12-25-2006, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by skmaxima2535

Ummm, we're going to need a bigger blowdryer...
Old 12-25-2006, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by phong
Ummm, we're going to need a bigger blowdryer...
LMFAO
Old 12-25-2006, 08:26 PM

yeah, hes an idiot, why would you drive 30mph at the mall parking lot? there are people walking around at the mall, hes a dousch, gas pedal = left, break pedal = right, if you cant figure that out, then no, you shouldnt be driving. i know how you feel, i messed up my max before too. but she'll be fixed and be good as new. yo i saw your bois white CL at e-town, kinda ricey with the holes in the bumper.. anyways.. you should bring your car out, ill hit you up when the track opens in the spring.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:00 PM
2002 maxima se

beware of asian drivers.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:28 PM

hrmm i don't think there was need to throw a tantrum. Yeah you're angry, but atleast he got out of the car and talked to you. He said it was his fault. As long as everyone is ok and as long as both parties have insurance.

No need to get mad.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by OC guy
beware of asian drivers.

beware of WHAT again?
Old 12-25-2006, 11:37 PM
i has college

gas pedal = left, break pedal = right
lol...
Old 12-26-2006, 12:03 AM

yeah, hes an idiot, why would you drive 30mph at the mall parking lot? there are people walking around at the mall, hes a dousch, gas pedal = left, break pedal = right, if you cant figure that out, then no, you shouldnt be driving. i know how you feel, i messed up my max before too. but she'll be fixed and be good as new. yo i saw your bois white CL at e-town, kinda ricey with the holes in the bumper.. anyways.. you should bring your car out, ill hit you up when the track opens in the spring.
yeh man. but i agree with u about those holes in the bumper.. we told him, he aint listen. But its his car, oh wel!!
Old 12-26-2006, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by A33 VQ30DEK
hrmm i don't think there was need to throw a tantrum. Yeah you're angry, but atleast he got out of the car and talked to you. He said it was his fault. As long as everyone is ok and as long as both parties have insurance.

No need to get mad.
yeh man...
Old 12-26-2006, 04:38 AM
Don't you know who I am?

Originally Posted by MaximaGT-R
Wow good thing he missed the lip. this goes to show you how strong maximas are. i mean look at your damage on your car vs the lexus. Sorry about your car though.
The damage shown here says nothing about the strength of either car. Most cars today are designed in such a way as to protect from a front impact collision by having the car absorb the vast majority of the impact as opposed to the driver. Hence, when you hit something in from the front, the car crumples, it's a vice for safety. I've seen maximas that rear end people with similar damage in the front. Think about a collision with a car going 30 mph, that means the driver is going the same speed, about 3 times the speed of the average persons sprint. Chances are, neither of the parties involved felt anything more than an initial jerking motion. Go sprint into a wall and see how it feels by comparison, then you'll appreciate how much impact the car absorbs.

It's not out of our technology to build a car that can come out of a 30 mph impact collision with no damage. However, such a collision would probably be fatal to the driver of that car.
Old 12-26-2006, 12:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by EnervinE
lol...

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-27-2006, 08:44 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

THIS IS TO WHO EVER SAID "BEWARE OF ASIAN DRIVERS"
acutally asian drivers have less accidents then american drivers. it is a proven fact that american drivers have more accidents. German highways dont have speed limits and they have less accidents then the U.S.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:00 AM

Woah, dude! That Lexus got Owned! Glad nobody got hurt.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:17 AM

Just go to the insurance company,it could have been worse.my car just got out a massive accident.My whole front end had to be replaced. sorry I know how you feel.