5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Interested In Ordering Clear Markers and AE Sills

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2001, 11:38 PM

Hey guys,

I was interested in ordering the clear markers front / rear and I was curious should I buy the red colored wedge bulbs for the rear? or leave it clear? Also, I want to order a set of the AE Sills, do you guys know a place were I can get a good deal on them? Please inform me, thanks!

MJ
Old 07-02-2001, 11:55 PM

do a search for the red bulbs. there seems to be debate as to the legality of it, depends on your locale. judgement call on your part if you wanna deal with olice: i'm running red wedge bulbs in mine cuz i just like the look of it.

as for the doorsills, i installed mine last week. got 'em from dave burnette (sp?) at town north nissan in texas. good price. may be cheaper elsewhere, i dunno. but i'll be buying factory stuff from him, totally cool guy.
Old 07-03-2001, 12:00 AM

What did he charge you for the door sills? I was considering putting in a front strut tower brace, but where would I go to get one of those installed also, I am fairly new to all thism thanks. If he does good deals, I will order a good deal from him, what is his # so I can call him in the morning. As far as the legal issues, is there a legal issue with the red or the clear? I live in arizona, its a pretty laid back state.. so I doubt there would be any problems.

MJ
Old 07-03-2001, 12:02 AM

Definitely go with Dave Burnette @ Town North for the sills. Try doing a search for his number. Type in, "good news for DaveB." That should get you his number. As for the bulbs, you can find the red ones and amber ones at www.autofreak.net (thanks Kev). I have the ones that are made by Polarg and they seem to work well. They are the small push-in bulbs I believe (model M-21) or something like that.
Old 07-03-2001, 12:12 AM

Originally posted by majatoi
What did he charge you for the door sills? I was considering putting in a front strut tower brace, but where would I go to get one of those installed also, I am fairly new to all thism thanks. If he does good deals, I will order a good deal from him, what is his # so I can call him in the morning. As far as the legal issues, is there a legal issue with the red or the clear? I live in arizona, its a pretty laid back state.. so I doubt there would be any problems.

MJ
$60 for all four shipped to CA. i purchased my front brace from courtesy. check the parts list thread for places to buy them.
you won't need anyone to do those mods for you. just save your money and buy a socket set. i have NEVER done anything to my cars before until i bought my max and found this site. not too difficult to do just about anything with the help you can find here.
Old 07-03-2001, 01:05 AM

Originally posted by majatoi

MJ
I have reds in mine cause the clears themselves are illegal here in Hawaii. Since my car is white I don't think that they'll be too much of a problem, but at night I'd probably get tagged if I had clear bulbs in them. With a lot of cars coming with stock Altezzas now, it's getting hard to tell what's stock and what's not. Our laws concerning cars are pretty strict. If we drop our cars or change anything about the car with the exception of rims and exhaust, we have to get a reconstuction sticker from (I think) the city and county. It's a pain in the neck to get too, cause if you don't pass the inspection then you have to keep going back with adjustments until your car does pass. If you don't have this sticker then it's a pretty nice fine.
Old 07-03-2001, 06:07 AM

Dave's number at work at 800-251-7278.
Old 07-03-2001, 07:13 AM

Originally posted by Maximum Velocity
Definitely go with Dave Burnette @ Town North for the sills. Try doing a search for his number. Type in, "good news for DaveB." That should get you his number. As for the bulbs, you can find the red ones and amber ones at www.autofreak.net (thanks Kev). I have the ones that are made by Polarg and they seem to work well. They are the small push-in bulbs I believe (model M-21) or something like that.
I get most of my accessories in Fort Lee, New Jersey. There's an Autofreaks store. Alot of their merchandise is from Japan. Bulbs, pedals, air freshners, shirts, *****, wax, mirrors, model cars, etc.
Old 07-03-2001, 07:48 AM

Originally posted by GordanLu

I get most of my accessories in Fort Lee, New Jersey. There's an Autofreaks store. Alot of their merchandise is from Japan. Bulbs, pedals, air freshners, shirts, *****, wax, mirrors, model cars, etc.
HEY! I'm just a few miles south of Fort Lee. Where is that store?
Old 07-03-2001, 05:25 PM

its in edgewater actually

Originally posted by VeggieH8R

HEY! I'm just a few miles south of Fort Lee. Where is that store?
I just found out today, i need red wedge bulbs, they got them there for 12 bucks.

Roger