5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

SUPERCHARGER KIT!!!!!!!! puppet master help ! hahaha

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 02:49 AM
I'm a Happy Man!

Not to Jack anyone thread here. Couple of days ago i took a ride to RIPPMODS and i spoke with one of the guys there(CODY) he informed me that they are expected to get a kit started very soon.They were suppose to start this january but seems like they've got a lot of work on there hand.He did assure me that a kit should be completed by the end of the year if not by the summer time.We should be looking at 80-100whp gain and about 4-4500$.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:24 AM

good info dayo!
Old 01-28-2007, 03:37 AM
I'm a Happy Man!

Originally Posted by Scooobay
good info dayo!

Hey Dom whats going on with you.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:10 AM
retired moderator

might be helpful to first see the S/C that is supposedly done for the 3.0, to see what the workmanship and components/brackets look like.

Seeing the one that is actually "done" would give more credibility to a future 3.5 S/C
Old 01-28-2007, 03:36 PM
6spd Swapped

Originally Posted by irish44j
might be helpful to first see the S/C that is supposedly done for the 3.0, to see what the workmanship and components/brackets look like.

Seeing the one that is actually "done" would give more credibility to a future 3.5 S/C

Turbo > SC anyway
Old 01-29-2007, 04:27 AM

Yea thats pretty much what they told me when i started this thread. You can Also see OTHER cars they have worked on and see for yourself their quality...

I would Pick Turbo over supercharger any day. I LOOOVE turbo. and it would be more practical and efficient for the max considering is a torque monster and its hard enough trying to get traction. But hell, having supercharger over NOTHING is SOMETHING.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:56 PM
retired moderator

They completed the supercharger kit for the 4th gen maximas! THATS RIGHT 4TH GEN!!!!! so you 3.0's out there can have it too! it would be ready in about 10 days!!!!! so you guys are squared away
still haven't seen said 4th gen supercharger kit......

basically, this thread makes it sound like something is done, but it's really just a bunch of people talkin about maybe possibly thinking about getting something done.

alot of talk, not alot of action........

As re: turbo vs. SC. There is a reason that there are not alot of turbo maximas: They are expensive, require extensive custom piping, and there are heat problems to address (as well as other things). 99% of people here can't install one in their garage. S/C is a relatively simple (though time-consuming) install, which is why it's preferred of the Maxima.

You guys all act like you just slap a turbo on like it's an intake or something.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:16 PM

Irish.........Why dont you.................Call ripp mods.............AND talk to them yourself?!???!?! sounds like its alot of talk, then why dont YOU do someting about and find out for yourself? better yet.. why dont YOU go ahead and phone calls to make this happen? HM??

Dude i'm trying to make something happen.. They have it done. i'm sorry if they JUST GOT IT DONE THIS WEEK AND NO PICS! i'm not superman!....

You can be negative all you want.....dont bug me a bit. So i will tell you......When the kit comes out... buy one, and be happy! but you dont have to be negative...... and if your gonna come back and say.. "i heard all of this before and no results cuz its all talk".. then so be it.. Dont buy the kit.. i wont lose any sleep out of it...

So for the people who DO want this... just hang in there.. things like this takes time to fabricate..

In a way the supercharger kit can be just as difficult to build as a turbo kit. maybe harder.. you cant slap on a supercharger kit either... and yes they do use a cooling system as well. IE intercooler?? so you would still have to fabricate something for it...Or methenol injection to cool the air just like the intercooler.....instead of turbo manifold....you need headers.. bigger injectors maybe? fuel components?? AND WAIT..... THE ECU?? *GAASP*! say it aint SO!!!!

The main difference is that the supercharger is being driven by a belt instead of exhuast gases. you must fabricate the right tentioner rod, the right size pulley that hooks up to the supercharger kit to get the right amount of boost so you dont Over boost or under boost.. then the belt needs to be measured to turn the turbine from the pulley.. So dont think its easier to add a supercharger.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:39 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by MidN1te
Irish.........Why dont you.................Call ripp mods.............AND talk to them yourself?!???!?! sounds like its alot of talk, then why dont YOU do someting about and find out for yourself? better yet.. why dont YOU go ahead and phone calls to make this happen? HM??

Dude i'm trying to make something happen.. They have it done. i'm sorry if they JUST GOT IT DONE THIS WEEK AND NO PICS! i'm not superman!....
You created the thread and gave no information about anything. You didn't say who built it, provide a phone number, details or pictures. It's as credible as me creating a thread saying "They made a bolt on LS1 RWD conversion for the maxima" (which Stillen has already made anyway).

instead of turbo manifold....you need headers..
Says who?
Old 01-29-2007, 03:48 PM
retired moderator

You can be negative all you want.....dont bug me a bit. So i will tell you......When the kit comes out... buy one, and be happy! but you dont have to be negative...... and if your gonna come back and say.. "i heard all of this before and no results cuz its all talk".. then so be it.. Dont buy the kit.. i wont lose any sleep out of it...

So for the people who DO want this... just hang in there.. things like this takes time to fabricate..

In a way the supercharger kit can be just as difficult to build as a turbo kit. maybe harder.. you cant slap on a supercharger kit either... and yes they do use a cooling system as well. IE intercooler?? so you would still have to fabricate something for it...Or methenol injection to cool the air just like the intercooler.....instead of turbo manifold....you need headers.. bigger injectors maybe? fuel components?? AND WAIT..... THE ECU?? *GAASP*! say it aint SO!!!!

The main difference is that the supercharger is being driven by a belt instead of exhuast gases. you must fabricate the right tentioner rod, the right size pulley that hooks up to the supercharger kit to get the right amount of boost so you dont Over boost or under boost.. then the belt needs to be measured to turn the turbine from the pulley.. So dont think its easier to add a supercharger.
wow, is that how a supercharger works? I never knew.

I'm not going to get into a lame argument here about the pros and cons of SC vs. TC though........

The complaint is that you started this thread that says NOTHING. How about this: start a thread WHEN THE S/C IS DONE AND YOU HAVE SOME INFORMATION AND PHOTOS.

Posting a thread with no actual information is worthless. Why would I call them? You started this thread. i can find multiple threads talking about "someone making a supercharger," and so far it hasn't happened (except for Matty's kit).
Old 01-29-2007, 05:42 PM
Go BUCKS!!!

Once there is some definitive information on this topic, get in touch with me and I'll re-open this thread.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by SEmy2K2go
Once there is some definitive information on this topic, get in touch with me and I'll re-open this thread.
Beat me to it. We should also merge/prune the other threads he has on this.