5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

5.5 gen auto to manual.......

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 08:10 AM

5.5 gen auto to manual.......

WHER IN THE WORLD IS THIS THREAD!!!!! SHEESH!!!!!! i want places to do this, anyone here can do this? and if so, how much?
Old 01-26-2007, 09:00 AM
NOOB

not exactly but close enough to give you an idea.

click here
Old 01-26-2007, 10:17 AM

this is for the 5.5 gen?? the thread shows for a 5 speed.... i want a 6 speed
Old 01-26-2007, 11:14 AM
DONE

on your car you would have to get the 6 speed harness and ecu i believe. to my knowledge there isn't anyone that has done this swap. if you want a 6 speed start looking for a 6 speed 02-03 maxima
Old 01-26-2007, 11:15 AM

IIRC, a very talented mechanic, l believe "turbomax" out of Cali tried this once but after months of trying and thousands of $ later never could get his car to start. I think he was getting spark and fuel and he tried key reprogramming and ecu reflashing, tranny computer changes etc. and checked the flywheel crank sensors and everything the FSM but still couldn't get it to work. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I too have the crappy 4AT and can't stand the lazy gear ratios and totally disconnected feeling it gives to the driving experience. The only thing that keeps me from going crazy when driving is my headers/catback/tuned VAFCII that compliments the already terrific VQ35 midrange torque and when in 2nd from 20-60mph it feels pretty quick, highway downshifts to 3rd also feel much better.

I actually considered buying a cheap as possible 6 spd hlsd car with cash and just doing a transplant to my car and then selling that car as and SE Auto, but later thought why put so much time/effort into a car that I may sell in a year or two. Good Luck.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:32 AM

well it does seem that nobody has been successful in doing the swap, but a place called Maximumtuning.net says they do the swaps on the 4th gen all the time. Well i asked how much it would be for the 5.5 he said around 3500 bucks!!!!!!!!! SO.....but he said he hasnt done it and wants to look into it. that would be interesting i think........

Man.. Valve body job i guess is the solution.....

And those who keep saying SELL YOUR CAR AND BUY A 02-03 6 SPEED....JEEZUZ FLIPPIN CHRISTO.......can you sell your car and just get another one? do you owe anything on it? would you buy another maxima just to get a 6 speed when you could buy another car.. yes?? WELL I WOULDNT......cuz i owe on my car, i would buy a corvette or the evo or sti or something, not everyone has that ability.......maybe you do......Good for you!!!! *thumbs up*!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2007, 03:14 PM
Bigger than Jesus

Damn...chill the fukc out.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:52 PM
Hoooper

Originally Posted by AllGo
IIRC, a very talented mechanic, l believe "turbomax" out of Cali tried this once but after months of trying and thousands of $ later never could get his car to start. I think he was getting spark and fuel and he tried key reprogramming and ecu reflashing, tranny computer changes etc. and checked the flywheel crank sensors and everything the FSM but still couldn't get it to work. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
youre wrong, hes working on the car, but its my car. the problem was no spark, we now know that the reluctor ring is damaged and will hopefully be fixed soon. i tried to get him to use a datalogger for months and got nothing, so the car was sent to nissan dealer and the next day they knew what was wrong. were getting closer to solving this ridiculous riddle, and hopefully soon i will have answers for everyone

Old 01-27-2007, 05:57 AM

I've got a better idea, buy mine. PM me if ur interested....
Old 01-27-2007, 10:37 AM

awwww.. I MUST appologize to the folks that I may have offended. Dont take it to heart. and if you feel that badly enough and feel offended enough to curse at me, THEN GROW SOME. Its my opinion and ONLY my opinion.

Well hopefully the gentleman thats already doing the swap can make it happen cuz that would be a MAJOR breakthrough. Until then, i'm still seeking out this MaximumTuning joint because they could make bank for the folks that wanna make this happen as well. Man.. Supercharger, Exhaust shtuff, Tranny mods? I MUST become a coordinator i sware!
Old 01-27-2007, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Hoooper
youre wrong, hes working on the car, but its my car. the problem was no spark, we now know that the reluctor ring is damaged and will hopefully be fixed soon. i tried to get him to use a datalogger for months and got nothing, so the car was sent to nissan dealer and the next day they knew what was wrong. were getting closer to solving this ridiculous riddle, and hopefully soon i will have answers for everyone
How was I wrong, was it not turbomax who is working on this and not yourself? When I said "his car", I wasn't trying to steal your thunder. I guess you have been without this car the entire time? Like I stated, at the present time, this conversion Still has not been done. If it does get done its not like this is some big breakthrough in the maxima world.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:02 AM

well with just like everything else, its patience and time. We just have to wait and see how it turns out and hopefully if a company can do it as well, then the more better! considering you guys seem to be in the west coast and were on the east.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:28 PM
Hoooper

new flywheel with reluctor ring on the way to dealer, with any luck well know if that was the problem this week.