5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

My custom LED lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 12:34 PM
I R The Law

Originally Posted by Puppetmaster
Why do you feel the need to disrespect the police? Their job is to enforce the law; if you break it, they have every right to get you.
It seems as though people are really ignorant sometimes. They hate their living guts but when something happens they need them. What a hypocrite.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:41 PM
I R The Law

Originally Posted by absoundlab
I never said make your license plate light dimmer. So dont put words in my mouth. I said leave it the way it is. There is no reason to make it brighter so it makes it easier for them to see it.
Why wouldn't there be a reason to make it brighter? Maybe for show purposes. Nobody likes **** yellow lights on their cars but maybe I'm wrong, maybe you do like **** yellow on your car. I have nothing to hide from police but I guess idiots like you prob do. Also I don't recommend buying a new car then since they come with LED license plate lights since you don't want it seen so easily.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:46 PM
absoundlab

Originally Posted by The Law
Why wouldn't there be a reason to make it brighter? Maybe for show purposes. Nobody likes **** yellow lights on their cars but maybe I'm wrong, maybe you do like **** yellow on your car. I have nothing to hide from police but I guess idiots like you prob do. Also I don't recommend buying a new car then since they come with LED license plate lights since you don't want it seen so easily.
the stock tag light isnt **** yellow. if you didnt have something to hide you wouldnt have got 5% tint idiot.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:49 PM
You embarrass me.

adsoundlab, lets review shall we?

You hate the cops. Why? Maybe you have done something. Ok.
Lets make our license plates harder for them to read. Maybe remove our bulbs? Cops will never be able to see our plates again, will they? Correct. They will pull you over quicker. I don't out run the cops. If I was stupid enough to do that in a Maxima, I should go to jail.
Also, tinting your windows does not mean you have to hide something. You are from FL, so you should be familiar with the concept. No explanation necessary. Now, if you would be so kind to stop this bickering about the whole concept of it, I would like to keep this thread open for other peoples opinions. Thank you. Have a nice day.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:50 PM
Cletus

I never said make your license plate light dimmer. So dont put words in my mouth. I said leave it the way it is. There is no reason to make it brighter so it makes it easier for them to see it.
so by your logic -
if a cop can see your license plate better, he will pull you over.
if they arent as bright, they will leave you alone.

is that about right?
Old 02-21-2007, 02:53 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by Nismo Scorpion
U can too have clear sides front and rear with white led's, as long as they are DOT approved.i asked the the cop. and its up to the city your in
YOU ARE WRONG.
FEDERAL DOT and NHTSA laws govern lighting laws. it does not matter what city you are in.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:55 PM
Cletus

the stock tag light isnt **** yellow.
really??

stock yellow on the left. white LED on the right.
which looks better?

Old 02-21-2007, 03:19 PM
is invisible

if you didnt have something to hide you wouldnt have got 5% tint idiot.

Old 02-21-2007, 03:20 PM
absoundlab

Originally Posted by zero2sixtyZ
adsoundlab, lets review shall we?

You hate the cops. Why? Maybe you have done something. Ok.
Lets make our license plates harder for them to read. Maybe remove our bulbs? Cops will never be able to see our plates again, will they? Correct. They will pull you over quicker. I don't out run the cops. If I was stupid enough to do that in a Maxima, I should go to jail.
Also, tinting your windows does not mean you have to hide something. You are from FL, so you should be familiar with the concept. No explanation necessary. Now, if you would be so kind to stop this bickering about the whole concept of it, I would like to keep this thread open for other peoples opinions. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Who ever said I hate the cops? Once again don't put words in my mouth. And what are you talking about lets make it harder for them to see? How do you justify that? (How is keeping your factory bulbs, making it harder for them to see?) With the factory "yellow" bulbs in there and their headlight bulbs shinning on your tag thats definitely bright enough for them to see it. Also I strongly disagree by tinting your windows with 5% you definitely have something to hide.

Old 02-21-2007, 03:22 PM
Cletus

everyone that wants to argue the legality of clear side markers and taillights -

Motor Vehicle Lighting Standards
Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 108
http://fmvss108.tripod.com/
Old 02-21-2007, 03:39 PM
retired moderator

Who ever said I hate the cops? Once again don't put words in my mouth. And what are you talking about lets make it harder for them to see? How do you justify that? (How is keeping your factory bulbs, making it harder for them to see?) With the factory "yellow" bulbs in there and their headlight bulbs shinning on your tag thats definitely bright enough for them to see it. Also I strongly disagree by tinting your windows with 5% you definitely have something to hide.
the bottom line is this:

stock bulbs give an ugly yellowish color on the plate

LEDs or hyperwhite bulbs give a crisp white color on the plate

which looks better? You be the judge. It has nothign to do with "cops seeing your plate." It has to do with how the car looks....
Old 02-21-2007, 04:06 PM
I R The Law

Really just becuase I have 5% tint, I have to hide something? I have the tint there for nobody to see my interior of the car so that it protects my property. I also got the tint so that it keeps my car a bit mroe cooler during the california summers. Can you find anything else in my sig that might be me trying to "hide" something from the cops? Talking about me being the idiot, don't judge peoples tint just cause they like to keep sunlight out and nosey people out of their car.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:08 PM
I R The Law

Who ever said I hate the cops?

ya you are dogmatic. why make the pigs job easier

Hm......only people who usually don't like law enforcement officers call them "Pigs" cause they have not respect for them nor do they like them. Does that answer your question? IDIOT
Old 02-21-2007, 04:14 PM
absoundlab

Hm......only people who usually don't like law enforcement officers call them "Pigs" cause they have not respect for them nor do they like them. Does that answer your question? IDIOT
yes by me calling them pigs doesn't mean I hate them I just dislike them thats all IDIOT!!!!!!!!

Old 02-21-2007, 04:16 PM
retired moderator

yes by me calling them pigs doesn't mean I hate them I just dislike them thats all IDIOT!!!!!!!!
you need to chill before you end up on vacation.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:17 PM
absoundlab

Really just becuase I have 5% tint, I have to hide something? I have the tint there for nobody to see my interior of the car so that it protects my property. I also got the tint so that it keeps my car a bit mroe cooler during the california summers. Can you find anything else in my sig that might be me trying to "hide" something from the cops? Talking about me being the idiot, don't judge peoples tint just cause they like to keep sunlight out and nosey people out of their car.

Yes just because you have 5% tint does mean you are trying to hide something. And by the way 5% tint is illegal! Why do you think drug dealers put 5% tint on their cars? My point exactly they are trying to hide something.

Old 02-21-2007, 04:20 PM
retired moderator

Yes just because you have 5% tint does mean you are trying to hide something. And by the way 5% tint is illegal! Why do you think drug dealers put 5% tint on their cars? My point exactly they are trying to hide something.
police cars in fairfax county have 5% tint as well (the rest of us have 35-50%). What are they trying to hide?
Old 02-21-2007, 04:20 PM
is invisible

not exactly a term of endearment
"Pig" is also used as a derogatory slang term for a police officer in many languages (of which English is no exception).
Old 02-21-2007, 04:23 PM
absoundlab

Originally Posted by irish44j
police cars in fairfax county have 5% tint as well (the rest of us have 35-50%). What are they trying to hide?

k9 police car have 5% on them because they have the dog onboard.

I hope this makes everyone happy I jumped on the bandwagon.

Old 02-21-2007, 04:30 PM
I R The Law

Yes I know 5% tint is illegal and? I have nothing illegal to hide inside my car. So your saying that only drug dealers have 5% tint? What about basketball players? Football players and Baseball players? They have 5% tint, does that mean they are trying to hide something illegal too?
Old 02-21-2007, 04:31 PM
I R The Law

I hope this makes everyone happy I jumped on the bandwagon.
He said police cars not K9 in general.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:31 PM
retired moderator

so...they're trying to hide the dog?

Since you've never been to Fairfax County, I'll let you in on a secret: ALL county police cars are tinted.....
Old 02-21-2007, 04:32 PM
retired moderator

Yes I know 5% tint is illegal and? I have nothing illegal to hide inside my car. So your saying that only drug dealers have 5% tint? What about basketball players? Football players and Baseball players? They have 5% tint, does that mean they are trying to hide something illegal too?
It's for ugly people, trying to hide themselves
Old 02-21-2007, 04:37 PM
I R The Law

It's for ugly people, trying to hide themselves
Awwww that dirty Josh. I ain't ugly. Now gbauer needs some tint
Old 02-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Cletus

tint is to keep the inside of the car cooler (and improve the appearance).
i have nothing to hide
Old 02-21-2007, 04:41 PM
retired moderator

Awwww that dirty Josh. I ain't ugly. Now gbauer needs some tint

Georgie is the one who made up that quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:42 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by soonerfan
tint is to keep the inside of the car cooler (and improve the appearance).
i have nothing to hide
you mean besides yo' stash, yo' gatt, yo' open 40, and yo' hoes, right?
Old 02-21-2007, 04:42 PM
absoundlab

so...they're trying to hide the dog?

Since you've never been to Fairfax County, I'll let you in on a secret: ALL county police cars are tinted.....

the 5% tint on the k9 cars is there to keep the car cool for the dog

Old 02-21-2007, 04:43 PM
Cletus

you mean besides yo' stash, yo' gatt, yo' open 40, and yo' hoes, right?
exactly...the "pigs" have no right to pull me over for any of that. who do they think they are?
Old 02-21-2007, 04:46 PM
I R The Law

Georgie is the one who made up that quote
Yeah he should follow his quote then
Old 02-21-2007, 04:48 PM
retired moderator

the 5% tint on the k9 cars is there to keep the car cool for the dog
just as the 5% tint on peoples' cars is there to keep the leather seats cool in the summer, or the driver cool when the A/C is off....

Old 02-21-2007, 04:49 PM
retired moderator

exactly...the "pigs" have no right to pull me over for any of that. who do they think they are?
tinted license plate frames are illegal in the Commonwealth, bish! Pull yo' *** over for that!
Old 02-21-2007, 04:51 PM
Cletus

tinted license plate frames are illegal in the Commonwealth, bish! Pull yo' *** over for that!
i have OK plates biatch.
my LEDs make up for the tinted cover.
if i get pulled over...i'll take it like a man.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:54 PM

you saying basketball, football and baseball players are drug dealers? Get back on track....
Old 02-21-2007, 04:58 PM
I R The Law

Originally Posted by PandaXpress
you saying basketball, football and baseball players are drug dealers? Get back on track....
Hey he said that people who have 5% tint are people doing illegal things. And those people are usually a drug dealer, so I guess basketball, football and baseball players are drug dealers too.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:00 PM
Cletus

drug dealers drive cars
driving a car = drug dealer
Old 02-21-2007, 05:03 PM

drug dealers drive cars
LOL^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wait..i thought drug dealers don't even have to drive cars?...I think its safe to generalize that ANYONE in a parked car, whether they are driving or in the passenger seat is a drug dealer. Wow, this stuff is philosophical.

EDIT: I dont feel like posting so im just editting BELOW vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv Law werent you trying to say you werent earlier?

EDIT X2: Im not THAT lazy....
Old 02-21-2007, 05:03 PM
I R The Law

drug dealers drive cars
lol I'm a drug dealer now!
Old 02-21-2007, 05:13 PM
I R The Law

Originally Posted by PandaXpress
LOL^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

EDIT: I dont feel like posting so im just editting BELOW vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv Law werent you trying to say you werent earlier?
Lazy bum!

I'm just using sooner's example. I'm a drug dealer cause I drive a car
Old 02-22-2007, 04:07 AM

the reason i didnt get a ticket, soonerfan this is from that site bro:This site is not affiliated with any Federal, State, or Local organization. The views expressed on this site are the opinions of the author and should not be used to determine the legality of motor vehicle equipment in accordance with Federal laws. NOT WRONG

Quick Reply: My custom LED lights