5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

wtf happened?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2001, 10:33 PM

aite, i was trying to wire my blacklight to my dome light so that when i put the dome light switch on 'On' the blacklight will turn on; when its on 'Door', when the doors are open the blacklight will turn on; etc....so i began my project, and when i was done, it turned out wack...when i put the dome light switch on 'Off', the blacklight operates as the dome light would, and the blacklighy turns on when the doors are open, but not when they are closed; when i put it on 'Door' the dome light turns on when the doors open; and when i put the dome light switch on 'On', the dome light turns on...
PLEASE help me yoooooo, i have no idea wtf is going on.
I tried almost every combination of wiring but no solution is in sight....
A_T_W
Old 07-07-2001, 11:52 PM

Originally posted by MaxedOut2g
aite, i was trying to wire my blacklight to my dome light so that when i put the dome light switch on 'On' the blacklight will turn on; when its on 'Door', when the doors are open the blacklight will turn on; etc....so i began my project, and when i was done, it turned out wack...when i put the dome light switch on 'Off', the blacklight operates as the dome light would, and the blacklighy turns on when the doors are open, but not when they are closed; when i put it on 'Door' the dome light turns on when the doors open; and when i put the dome light switch on 'On', the dome light turns on...
PLEASE help me yoooooo, i have no idea wtf is going on.
A_T_W
please some1 help meeeeee
A_T_W
Old 07-07-2001, 11:55 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Sorry, no clue.
Old 07-08-2001, 12:33 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

what the heck are u trying to do?
Old 07-08-2001, 12:39 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by irvine78
what the heck are u trying to do?
In a nut shell, wire something.
Old 07-08-2001, 12:48 AM

Originally posted by MaxedOut2g
A_T_W
how many wires are there for the blacklight?
try removing the blacklight and just return it to stock condition. does it still act all wierd?
Old 07-08-2001, 01:09 AM

im trying to wire my 15" blacklight, so that it acts as the dome light would under the proper conditions, like if the dome light switch is on 'On', i want the black light to turn on instead of the dome light; if its on 'Door', i want the blacklight to turn on when the doors open; etc...

Originally posted by serin

how many wires are there for the blacklight?
try removing the blacklight and just return it to stock condition. does it still act all wierd?

i took out both of the wires that run from the blacklight, and after returning everything to stock, it worked;
what complicates things even more, when i take the dome light out of its position in the dome light area, the blacklight does not work at all, not even when the doors are open....please help me ppl...i wanted to do this by myself, cuz MrBurner said it was ez, but i couldnt even do this,damn i feel low...but if sum1 can help me out, i might feel better...Serin, check PM...thanks yo
A_T_W
Old 07-08-2001, 01:21 AM

let me preface this response by saying that i haven't done this so i'm not sure. but i'm planning on a very similar mod so i disassembled my dome light to get an idea of the wiring and i think i have a reasonable understanding of it.

having said that:
only 2 wires? one's gotta be ground and the other power.
are you splicing those into the leads for the dome light bulb? you'll want to do it on the 'far side' of the switch from the battery/fuse so that the switch controller thingy can do its job without interference.
Old 07-08-2001, 01:25 AM

Originally posted by serin
let me preface this response by saying that i haven't done this so i'm not sure. but i'm planning on a very similar mod so i disassembled my dome light to get an idea of the wiring and i think i have a reasonable understanding of it.

having said that:
only 2 wires? one's gotta be ground and the other power.
are you splicing those into the leads for the dome light bulb? you'll want to do it on the 'far side' of the switch from the battery/fuse so that the switch controller thingy can do its job without interference.
im not exactly sure what ur sayn dawg...can u xplain in newbie terms, or is that as newbie as it gets?
A_T_W