5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Please Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 10:29 AM
dmpesso

I use Mobil1 fully synthetic, and i just bought a new air filter
Originally Posted by Bullard_07
ummm I'd say clean or buy a new air filter. May or may not work but its worth a try and maybe start running Royal Purple Oil instead of that AUTOZONE special penzoil your runnin' lol

Old 04-30-2007, 10:31 AM
dot dot dot ...

Are you morbidly obese?
Old 04-30-2007, 10:32 AM
dmpesso

LMAO, na i weigh 180, so weight is not the problem lol

Old 04-30-2007, 10:35 AM
dmpesso

BTW, just checked my engine coolant, its green, and the fluid happens to be a little over MAX, is that bad?

Old 04-30-2007, 01:22 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by dmpesso
eyo shut ur ****in mouth, no one is asking you ite smartass, i dont know **** thats why im here, but i DO KNOW living in NEW YORK is not the reason my ****in MPG are like this

Does this come in english?

Everything you are saying make no sense, and yes... You did ask me and everyone else when you posted your thread.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:13 PM
dmpesso

yea but ur smartass comment was not what i asked for, i asked for answers and help with my mileage problem

Old 04-30-2007, 02:24 PM
I R The Law

I think you need to be banned again.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:31 PM
dmpesso

i think u need to read what happened before u start sayin people needa be banned, he came out his mouth with some stupid smartass comments first

Old 04-30-2007, 02:33 PM

i think u need to read what happened before u start sayin people needa be banned, he came out his mouth with some stupid smartass comments first

No... I told you what your problem is.

You are the one one who can't deal with the fact that ANY car in NYC gets worse milage.

And do not say that you do mostly highway driving... Highway driving in NYC is also nothing like normal highway driving.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:35 PM
dmpesso

THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN NYC AND GET BETTER MILEAGE DOING CITY DRIVING SO DONT TELL ME
Originally Posted by upstatemax
No... I told you what your problem is.

You are the one one who can't deal with the fact that ANY car in NYC gets worse milage.

And do not say that you do mostly highway driving... Highway driving in NYC is also nothing like normal highway driving.

Old 04-30-2007, 02:36 PM
dmpesso

u just wanna tell me the easy way out so i can shutup, if ur not gonna actually help and tell me **** i dont already know then dont say nuttin, SIMPLE

Old 04-30-2007, 02:38 PM
I R The Law

What kind of cars are you comparing your car with gas mileage? Cause if your comparing a civic and your max or any 4 cylinder for that matter please sell your car and get the f'uck off this forum.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:40 PM
Blue_A33_SE

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
Are you morbidly obese?

Old 04-30-2007, 02:40 PM

THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN NYC AND GET BETTER MILEAGE DOING CITY DRIVING SO DONT TELL ME

NOT EVERY CAR IS THE SAME, SO DON'T TELL ME.

Do me a favor, go open your hood... If you see a set of headers and an Injen intake... Thats your problem.

If not... I guess your car is running really rich for no reason... Or it is NYC/your driving.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:41 PM
Blue_A33_SE

Originally Posted by The Law
What kind of cars are you comparing your car with gas mileage? Cause if your comparing a civic and your max or any 4 cylinder for that matter please sell your car and get the f'uck off this forum.

Oh boy,,,, here we go. Looks like this thread will end soon with a banning..

Old 04-30-2007, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Blue_A33_SE
Oh boy,,,, here we go. Looks like this thread will end soon with a banning..

The Org would have it no other way.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:44 PM
Blue_A33_SE

Not you "LAW" but our forum friend....dmpresso....or "Dem Milage not Impresto"

yo cuz, dont freakout I am just playin....

Old 04-30-2007, 02:47 PM
I R The Law

Originally Posted by Blue_A33_SE
Not you "LAW" but our forum friend....dmpresso....or "Dem Milage not Impresto"

yo cuz, dont freakout I am just playin....
I was gonna be saying like....why would I get banned.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:49 PM
Blue_A33_SE

Na Law not you cuz,,,,,, 6 pages of poor MPG.

Old 04-30-2007, 02:52 PM
dmpesso

im ALL stock with 15MPG 90% highway driving NOT heavy footed, ur telling me thats normal?

Old 04-30-2007, 02:58 PM

You want to know what will really help you...

Buy, install and tune this:

http://www.elementmotorsport.com/pro...oductID=169160

Then buy and install a set of:

http://www.edgeracing.com/wheel/201/
Old 04-30-2007, 03:00 PM
dmpesso

what will those wheels do for me? that must be a joke, and u already know im a noob but i dont understand wat the first thing does

Old 04-30-2007, 03:03 PM

what will those wheels do for me? that must be a joke, and u already know im a noob but i dont understand wat the first thing does
instead of asking to be spoonfed, people might actually respect you a little bit more if you did a little research.

http://searchworks.org/
Old 04-30-2007, 03:04 PM

The wheels will drop about 8lbs of unsprung weight from each corner... It is no joke...Research it!

The VAFC-II will wire into your car and can be used to adjust fuel maps after your car has been tuned on a dyno with a wideband o2.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:07 PM
Blue_A33_SE

Just get one of these....We all have them....28% Better Gas Mileage Or Refunded Sale Is
Dude I am rockin it. Berk Intake AEM dry filter and the "T" in the tube.

http://tornadofuel-saver.com

Old 04-30-2007, 03:08 PM
I R The Law

^^^^^^^ Lol!!!
Old 04-30-2007, 04:38 PM
is invisible

this again...
Old 04-30-2007, 09:04 PM

ummmm, for some weird reason I'm going to defend this guy, he's just getting frustrated trying to deal with this and it sounds like he is having incredibly poor mileage and I'm sure he knows his driving habits better then we do, so we just have to take his word I geuss, he needs the .orgs help, he has also covered all the basics, it's not like he's some duesch who won't even have his pcv replaced. but I don't want to get into the drama portion of this thread, I try to avoid conflict on here.......

No, that's not really what i meant by tranny slipping, that is normal, when my moms car was slipping due to being down a quart it was noticeable on hard accels from a dead stop, it would rev-up like it was burning the tires only it wasn't, however even when it was being babied around town mileage was still horrible yet you would never know the tranny was slipping. I think your next step would be to check your fuel pressure, as a faulty fpr hasn't really been suggested (yeah, I'm well aware that the 5.5 gen uses a returnless system and doesn't have a conventional fpr under the hood!) but it still must see a certain amount of pressure, excess would be bad and mileage would decrease, have your mechanic test fuel pressure next (though I'd recommend you find one of the .org members local who does work on the side to do it, I'm sure tavarish in NJ could do it) and good luck. One other thing that is probable is if the lock-up tourqe convertor was not functioning you in particular would get horrible mileage since you drive on the highway alot, your tcm would detect this though and give a code in most cases which would cause some weird OD flashing on start-up I beleive, when I get a chance I'll do some more reading in the 5.5 fsm a/t section
Old 05-01-2007, 05:06 AM
Don't you know who I am?

I'm not going to jump on the flame wagon here... but I can't help my curiosity about this. You are so sure it's not just NY city driving? Here is the reason I am not convinced there's something mechanically wrong:

I live in a suburban part of Connecticut. My gas mileage around town is generally 21-22 mpg, and probably about 24-25.5 on the highway. I took a trip to Boston to visit a friend for the weekend. Because the friends I have that live in Boston don't own cars, i did all the driving for the weekend, and conveniently filled up right before I got into the city. After driving a whopping 230 miles, I was on E. I drove about another 40 miles on the highway before I stopped to get gas, at 270 miles. I had to put in 16.434 gallons after 270 miles of driving. Do the math, that's 16.43 mpg. I was shocked at the time, and did the same thing thinking something was wrong. But after being back home, I was right back up to 22 mpg around town, and while there WAS a Red Sox game going on, NYC traffic I believe is generally worse than Boston...

If you know of other Maximas getting 20+ mpg in NYC, then maybe you have a problem. But if these other cars are civic, sentra, prius, elantra, accent, or the like, then you're talking about cars that normally get 30+ mpg getting 21-22. They are in the same boat. Unfortunately, if your are talking about Maximas... then I don't really know how to help you, you've already covered all the prime culprits of bad gas mileage
Old 05-01-2007, 07:46 AM
dmpesso

THANK YOU, finally someone understands that im not stupid and i know what bad mileage is, and BTW im NOT comparing it to a civic or anything, for instance just go on the nycmaximas.org and youll see many people getting well over 20 MPG and thats more city driving then I do, im mostly highway and I get 15MPG so thats considered horrible in my opinion. by FPR do u mean fuel pump regulator? also please tell me the name of the test you are talking about to check my fuel pressure and a normal price it should be if you dont mind. and how would i know if my lock-up torque converter wasnt working?
Originally Posted by KRRZ350
ummmm, for some weird reason I'm going to defend this guy, he's just getting frustrated trying to deal with this and it sounds like he is having incredibly poor mileage and I'm sure he knows his driving habits better then we do, so we just have to take his word I geuss, he needs the .orgs help, he has also covered all the basics, it's not like he's some duesch who won't even have his pcv replaced. but I don't want to get into the drama portion of this thread, I try to avoid conflict on here.......

No, that's not really what i meant by tranny slipping, that is normal, when my moms car was slipping due to being down a quart it was noticeable on hard accels from a dead stop, it would rev-up like it was burning the tires only it wasn't, however even when it was being babied around town mileage was still horrible yet you would never know the tranny was slipping. I think your next step would be to check your fuel pressure, as a faulty fpr hasn't really been suggested (yeah, I'm well aware that the 5.5 gen uses a returnless system and doesn't have a conventional fpr under the hood!) but it still must see a certain amount of pressure, excess would be bad and mileage would decrease, have your mechanic test fuel pressure next (though I'd recommend you find one of the .org members local who does work on the side to do it, I'm sure tavarish in NJ could do it) and good luck. One other thing that is probable is if the lock-up tourqe convertor was not functioning you in particular would get horrible mileage since you drive on the highway alot, your tcm would detect this though and give a code in most cases which would cause some weird OD flashing on start-up I beleive, when I get a chance I'll do some more reading in the 5.5 fsm a/t section

Old 05-01-2007, 07:49 AM
dmpesso

by adjusting fuel maps you mean what exactly?
The wheels will drop about 8lbs of unsprung weight from each corner... It is no joke...Research it!

The VAFC-II will wire into your car and can be used to adjust fuel maps after your car has been tuned on a dyno with a wideband o2.

Old 05-01-2007, 08:09 AM

You want to know what will really help you...

Buy, install and tune this:

http://www.elementmotorsport.com/pro...oductID=169160

Then buy and install a set of:

http://www.edgeracing.com/wheel/201/

Whats an Apex'I VTEC AFCII VAFC II Digital VTEC Controller?

How much does it cost?................Can I install this myself?

Please help cuz I dunno shiet!!!$*&$#

OH YEAH, I FORGOT...IF MY STOCK MAX IS GETTING 15 MPG ON A FULL TANK OF GAS, AND I DRIVE 90% CITY WITH A HEAVY FOOT, AND 10% HIGHWAY WITH A SOFT FOOT, WHAT WILL MY MILEAGE BE AT 4:15PM, WHEN I GET HOME????????

Old 05-01-2007, 08:17 AM
dmpesso

thats really not funny, like as stupid as u r i wouldve laughed if it was funny but honestly its not, if u dont have something helpful to say dont ****in say it at all, u people on here ***** that i should get banned but really its people like you and all the other people that post just to simply FLAME and ***** that should be banned
Originally Posted by MaximumPower01
Whats an Apex'I VTEC AFCII VAFC II Digital VTEC Controller?

How much does it cost?................Can I install this myself?

Please help cuz I dunno shiet!!!$*&$#

OH YEAH, I FORGOT...IF MY STOCK MAX IS GETTING 15 MPG ON A FULL TANK OF GAS, AND I DRIVE 90% CITY WITH A HEAVY FOOT, AND 10% HIGHWAY WITH A SOFT FOOT, WHAT WILL MY MILEAGE BE AT 4:15PM, WHEN I GET HOME????????

Old 05-01-2007, 08:18 AM

Whats not funny?

I was just asking a question....

Or are you assuming that i was taking after you???

Old 05-01-2007, 08:42 AM
dmpesso

na u were trying to immitate me with a very bad job, i drive 90% HIGHWAY not city withOUT a heavy foot so suck on that...

Old 05-01-2007, 09:40 AM

na u were trying to immitate me with a very bad job, i drive 90% HIGHWAY not city withOUT a heavy foot so suck on that...

lmao

...that was the point....
Old 05-01-2007, 10:05 AM
dmpesso

wow, it surprises me how pathetic people are on here ^^

Old 05-01-2007, 12:09 PM
dot dot dot ...

So, on average, what is your speed & RPM? 90% Highway to me means = 90% 60MPH+.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:13 PM
dmpesso

exactly i commute everyday brooklyn to queens about 20 miles each way anywhere from 60-70MPH maybe for a couple mins on the whole tank 80MPH and the resst brooklyn/queens I usually shift at 2.2 RPMS, only pass 3 RPMS once in a while when i feel like getting some speed or making a light.

Old 05-01-2007, 01:14 PM

i commute from southern nassau county (long island) to mid suffolk county(32 miles one way) about 14 miles of my round trip commute is in stop and go traffic on the highway.
i use about a tank a week including weekend driving for errands etc. and when i hit 1/4 remaining i average about 20-23 mpg.

im just curious but what highway are you talking about? if you tell me the belt parkway or the brooklyn-queens expressway is highway,,,then wow.

the only thing close to real highway driving is the long island expressway at some unforsaken AM hour.