5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Another Progress RSB Review

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 02:20 PM
Nightmare = Reality

Another Progress RSB Review

. . .and I love it! My struts have 130k on them so all my body motions are exaggerated, and the sway bar totally ixnayed it! with this many miles on the oem shocks I can tell easily just HOW effective this mod is. DO NOT listen to anyone saying it's not that great, because i would have to say this is the SINGLE most cost-effective handling mod you can possibly do for our cars.

It should have taken me way less time to install it, but if you check out the how-to, and don't BS around it'll take you maybe half an hour to install. fitment-wise, it bolts in great, but you need to remove the ABS sensor wire brackets and unbolt the parking brake lines temporarily. you can bolt the parking brake stuff back on, just a little bracket bending and it's fine, and I had to zip-tie the ABS line(i don't know if this was part of the instructions, but it seemed logical and I was referring to the How-To from memory)

I just think it needs to be said again about this. There's tons of reposts out there so i apologize, this is just more about how happy I am with the money spent:improvement ratio.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:27 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Maxim(a)SerjVQ
. . .and I love it! My struts have 130k on them so all my body motions are exaggerated, and the sway bar totally ixnayed it! with this many miles on the oem shocks I can tell easily just HOW effective this mod is. DO NOT listen to anyone saying it's not that great, because i would have to say this is the SINGLE most cost-effective handling mod you can possibly do for our cars.

It should have taken me way less time to install it, but if you check out the how-to, and don't BS around it'll take you maybe half an hour to install. fitment-wise, it bolts in great, but you need to remove the ABS sensor wire brackets and unbolt the parking brake lines temporarily. you can bolt the parking brake stuff back on, just a little bracket bending and it's fine, and I had to zip-tie the ABS line(i don't know if this was part of the instructions, but it seemed logical and I was referring to the How-To from memory)

I just think it needs to be said again about this. There's tons of reposts out there so i apologize, this is just more about how happy I am with the money spent:improvement ratio.
springs/struts are a much more worthwhile handling mod....the rear beam basically acts like a strut bar and is made to twist a little. I'm sure with stock suspension + an RSB you have a bit of snap oversteer...you want your car to be as neutral as possible. RSB + LTB II + springs/struts = FTW.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:39 PM
Cletus

you need to pay attention to the more important struts before getting a RSB. the RSB is good if your struts are good. if they are bad,they need to be replaced first.

additionally, the RSB is decent with stock suspension but WAY better on a lowered car. you need to use all the suspension mods together.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:10 PM
Nightmare = Reality

. . .and this is why I have Eibachs and Illuminas camping out in my living room atm. I'm just saying, you can't beat the improvement the RSB makes per $ spent. I'm not just going to leave it alone. . .I have the mod bug :P
Old 06-18-2007, 03:34 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Maxim(a)SerjVQ
. . .and this is why I have Eibachs and Illuminas camping out in my living room atm. I'm just saying, you can't beat the improvement the RSB makes per $ spent. I'm not just going to leave it alone. . .I have the mod bug :P
I assure you...you can.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:16 PM
Sexier Than Simpson

Originally Posted by soonerfan
you need to pay attention to the more important struts before getting a RSB. the RSB is good if your struts are good. if they are bad,they need to be replaced first.

additionally, the RSB is decent with stock suspension but WAY better on a lowered car. you need to use all the suspension mods together.

SFC's...SFC's SFC's are the best mod for handling and solidity available for our cars. I am ready to debate this point with anyone.