5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Fake badging...

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2001, 09:03 AM

I always wondered where people got these fake badges and stuff for their cars. Well, I went to this super autozone in our area (its like twice as big as the others) and was just looking around, and I just busted out laughing when I saw this whole four foot section of em. Type R, Si, GT-R. All of it. I was laughing so hard one of the salespeople asked me if i was ok. These were cheap little painted metal badges for like $4. I just thought how funny it would be to buy the Gt-R and pretend my maxima was a skyline or a silvia...
Old 07-22-2001, 09:11 AM

Uh, you don't want to know just how many members here have a GT-R badge. BTW, I don't.
Old 07-22-2001, 09:14 AM

Originally posted by Ironlord
I always wondered where people got these fake badges and stuff for their cars. Well, I went to this super autozone in our area (its like twice as big as the others) and was just looking around, and I just busted out laughing when I saw this whole four foot section of em. Type R, Si, GT-R. All of it. I was laughing so hard one of the salespeople asked me if i was ok. These were cheap little painted metal badges for like $4. I just thought how funny it would be to buy the Gt-R and pretend my maxima was a skyline or a silvia...
I agree it is kind of stupid!
Old 07-22-2001, 09:24 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by ItalianMax2kSE

I agree it is kind of stupid!
Some might think the Italian flag is stupid too!! (no flames - I'm Italian).

To each his own, but personally, I'm kepping that part of my car "stock."
Old 07-22-2001, 01:04 PM

i dont like random badges either.

if its not my car or i dont have it(products), its not going on my car...
Old 07-22-2001, 01:54 PM

Off topic...

Originally posted by DooBall
i dont like random badges either.

if its not my car or i dont have it(products), its not going on my car...
I just noticed in your sig that you've got the Stillen intake and you're selling the JWT... Is the Stillen that much better? Can you notice the difference?

I'm going to order one of them this week... I'm deciding on the JWT, Stillen or a PRCAI

Thanks...
Old 07-22-2001, 02:01 PM

But the emblems are supposed to make the car faster! Works the same as the speedometer... whatever the max speed on the speedo is how fast the car will go.
Old 07-22-2001, 03:11 PM

someone was selling a used stillen, so i bought it off him. the performance i heard is the same (i havnt recieved it yet).

the reason i wanted it was to keep the parts in my car consistant... im trying to be a stillen *****
Old 07-22-2001, 05:31 PM

Old 07-22-2001, 11:35 PM

Well, I went to this super autozone in our area (its like twice as big as the others) and was just looking around, and I just busted out laughing when I saw this whole four foot section of em. Type R, Si, GT-R
They must have M3 badges too. Saw one an a Chevy Beretta. (People don't mod their cars around here, they deface 'em.)

That's okay. If I owned an M3, I'd take the badge off and put on a 318i emblem...
Old 07-24-2001, 03:52 AM

Originally posted by KaxMaxSEAE
. . . That's okay. If I owned an M3, I'd take the badge off and put on a 318i emblem...

Finally! Somebody else who'd badge a car down for stealth.

Haven't quite figured out why cars get badged up to indicate a performance level claim that can't possibly be supported.

Norm
Old 07-24-2001, 10:46 AM

the other day i saw this funny thing.

it was a honda crx with all honda badges removed and ford badges put on, and then on the rear it said, '0.5' instead of the mustang 5.0. i thought it was hilarious, everyone else in the car didn't get it.
Old 07-24-2001, 11:16 AM
I'm needing a caw

BADGES?!!? We don need no stinkin' BADGES!

IMHO. If you have a M3 badge, you had better have some M3 performance. If you have a Skyline badge, you had better have some Skline performance etc... at least. In general I think fake badges are pretty silly. Kinda falls into the fake BOV and fake intercooler catagory. :shrug:
Old 07-24-2001, 11:17 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Originally posted by victor
the other day i saw this funny thing.

it was a honda crx with all honda badges removed and ford badges put on, and then on the rear it said, '0.5' instead of the mustang 5.0. i thought it was hilarious, everyone else in the car didn't get it.

That's really funny...
Old 07-24-2001, 05:28 PM

Hey you know what guys?

3 years ago, I bought an issue of SuperStreet magazine. One of the feature car was a Honda Civic. The guy had like all these very cool mods in it, it looks Pretty good. Just like any other premium rice you see on the street. But it is nos equipped, no SC nor Turbo. The guy said that he invested so much in his Civic that he could possilby buy a //M3.

I can't believe that people could do this. I mean his car looks really nice in deed, but the BMW badges on his Civic is just plain ridicoulous.
Old 07-24-2001, 06:21 PM

this is kinda OT but... i also think car conversion kits are pretty corny and lame as well...

its 'cool' for like the first day, but after that, its just a poser car. yuck
Old 07-24-2001, 08:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

GTR emblem

it seems all the people with fake badging are avoiding this post...hehe..im not gonna lie...i got the GTR emblem instead of my SE emblem on my trunk....hehe...i dont mind if people say i only have it cuz i wish it was a skyline...cuz..well...i do...i do wish it was a skyline...but it looks kool hehe...i know theres some more people with badging so back me up here...hehe..
Old 07-24-2001, 09:09 PM

Re: GTR emblem

Originally posted by SkylineGTR
it seems all the people with fake badging are avoiding this post...hehe..im not gonna lie...i got the GTR emblem instead of my SE emblem on my trunk....hehe...i dont mind if people say i only have it cuz i wish it was a skyline...cuz..well...i do...i do wish it was a skyline...but it looks kool hehe...i know theres some more people with badging so back me up here...hehe..
Well, hey at least you had sense enough to buy a maxima.. j/k. Anyway, whatever you put on your car is your business and i'm sure you don't care what any of us think, i'm just saying i don't know why people would want to do it. It's kind of like bragging without being able to back it up. Like wearing a ton of fake gold jewelry so everyone thinks you're rich. Or like a woman stuffing her bra so everyone thinks she's well endowed (we've all been there i'm sure - other side: not stuffing your own bra, having a woman...oh nevermind) And some people say, well, my car is as fast as a skyline, well, that might be possible. But I don't understand why someone wouldn't want to be proud of their car and say my maxima gxe can waste you, instead of my maxima (fake name) can beat you. I just don't get it.

PS. Too many Honda people do it...

Old 07-24-2001, 09:11 PM

well having a skyline badge is ok but its mad funny when you see riced out accords with there dx logos taken off and like EX written with white out hahahaa
Old 07-24-2001, 09:24 PM

Originally posted by AdamK
well having a skyline badge is ok but its mad funny when you see riced out accords with there dx logos taken off and like EX written with white out hahahaa
I've seen 89 Civic CX hatchback running on a JDM ITR engine with headers and exhaust, cams, intakes, wires, ignitions. GS-R tranny. Gutted interior. coil over, tons of bars. 15" yokohama auto cross tires. It pulls 1.0g and low 14's. 0-60 in 5.8seconds!

can this person have a EX on his back?
Old 07-25-2001, 02:00 AM

ahahaha
Old 07-25-2001, 05:35 AM

Originally posted by LoveSick

I've seen 89 Civic CX hatchback running on a JDM ITR engine with headers and exhaust, cams, intakes, wires, ignitions. GS-R tranny. Gutted interior. coil over, tons of bars. 15" yokohama auto cross tires. It pulls 1.0g and low 14's. 0-60 in 5.8seconds!

can this person have a EX on his back?
see thats just very, very, very wrong...
Old 07-25-2001, 03:31 PM

Yeah and the other reason they use that white out stuff is that they get a real good buzz off of it :, thus explaining their often delusional image of just how fast a car they own (they hallucinate that they're driving a 911 Turbo, or something).
Old 07-25-2001, 05:05 PM

Re: Re: GTR emblem

Well, hey at least you had sense enough to buy a maxima.. j/k. Anyway, whatever you put on your car is your business and i'm sure you don't care what any of us think, i'm just saying i don't know why people would want to do it. It's kind of like bragging without being able to back it up. Like wearing a ton of fake gold jewelry so everyone thinks you're rich. Or like a woman stuffing her bra so everyone thinks she's well endowed (we've all been there i'm sure - other side: not stuffing your own bra, having a woman...oh nevermind) And some people say, well, my car is as fast as a skyline, well, that might be possible. But I don't understand why someone wouldn't want to be proud of their car and say my maxima gxe can waste you, instead of my maxima (fake name) can beat you. I just don't get it.

PS. Too many Honda people do it...

Well put. I definitely agree with your statement.

Go Nissan Maxima SE (or GXE or GLE)...gotta love it.
Old 07-25-2001, 05:53 PM

Just cut your "SE" emblem to read "S/C"

I'm still waiting for a body kit that looks like an R34 frontend so I can buy the GT-R emblem.
Old 07-25-2001, 05:54 PM

Re: Re: Re: GTR emblem

Originally posted by mbcp_tdogg

Well put. I definitely agree with your statement.

Go Nissan Maxima SE (or GXE or GLE)...gotta love it.

:sarcasm:
Old 07-25-2001, 06:03 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: GTR emblem

Originally posted by LoveSick

:sarcasm:
Old 07-25-2001, 08:20 PM
Christina7m

alright ill back some of you up--my friend has a 99 maxima and he just recently took the nissan badge off and put gtr up--but hes not all into fixing up his car he did it a bit for laughs