5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

What company rents Maximas?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2001, 05:25 PM

Our relatives are coming over so its gonna be 8 people total. We were gonna rent a van like we've been doing for the past few years, but figured we could save money by just driving 2 cars. It'd be cool to have 2 Maximas parked in front of our house lol. If we can't find a Max what other car out there would be good to rent?
Old 08-05-2001, 05:28 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

mmm.. the Enterprise at Culver City Nissan in Los Angeles rents Maximas. it's like $35 a pop, tho.

i dunno if you're in the area, tho... try asking Enterprise.
Old 08-05-2001, 05:52 PM

Originally posted by areX
mmm.. the Enterprise at Culver City Nissan in Los Angeles rents Maximas. it's like $35 a pop, tho.

i dunno if you're in the area, tho... try asking Enterprise.
Yeah we're in the area (sorta). We live close to Glendale and we head to Marina del Rey pretty often which is close to Culver City. Does Enterprise still have those green E stickers on the back of their cars?
Old 08-05-2001, 06:03 PM

I have seen them at Enterprise several times.
Old 08-05-2001, 06:33 PM

Originally posted by Ludacris
Our relatives are coming over so its gonna be 8 people total. We were gonna rent a van like we've been doing for the past few years, but figured we could save money by just driving 2 cars. It'd be cool to have 2 Maximas parked in front of our house lol. If we can't find a Max what other car out there would be good to rent?
Hertz does on most airports...
Old 08-05-2001, 06:42 PM

Right before I bought my 2001, I rented a Maxima from Hertz. I picked it up at O'Hare Airport on a business trip. I was a bit surprised because Hertz did not have one with a supercharger.
Old 08-05-2001, 06:54 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I've seen Maximas being rented out from Hertz Local Editions, Budget rent-a-car, and Enterprise...call them and they'll get you one.
Old 08-05-2001, 06:55 PM

Originally posted by Wreck-Diver
Right before I bought my 2001, I rented a Maxima from Hertz. I picked it up at O'Hare Airport on a business trip. I was a bit surprised because Hertz did not have one with a supercharger.
LoL..well last time I went to the Budget at LAX (Los Angeles International) they had 2 Maximas and the person behind the rental counter was reluctant on giving us the Maxima, ha! we werent taking teh Taurus lol
Old 08-05-2001, 07:31 PM

We rented a Maxima from Budget back in '95 -- that's what prompted us to get one of our own in '96 -- and the rest, as they say, is history.
Old 08-05-2001, 09:57 PM

Enterprise rents a lot of different cars. When I took my dad's 2k I30 to Cerritos Infiniti for TCM replacement, they were out of loaners and gave me an Enterprise rental, which the dealer pays a flat $30 to Enterprise for no matter what they give me. Enterprise was out of cheap cars, but they had I30s and DeVilles on the lot, but they gave me a Safari van. The next time I went for solenoid replacement Enterprise was out of cheap cars again and asked me if a Lincoln Town Car would be ok. I was so happy to get a Town Car, I always wanted to try one. That was one smooth car. It felt pretty fast and I was surprised how well it handled. The Town Car is the ultimate rental, especially if you're taking a trip or a lot of people. If you own a Maxima, why rent the same car you have, treat yourself to a Town Car or DeVille.
Another time I was sent on a business trip and had to drive to Fresno in a heat wave. National gave me an upgrade to a Buick Regal and it was great. It had leather, auto climate control, a killer stereo. The Regal has the 3800 V6 which is very smooth and powerful, yet the Regal is a fairly small car so it moves. I was very happy with that rental.
Try to avoid renting Ford products other than the Town Car. You'll be much happier with the GM rentals. The rental companies tend to stick it to you with Japanese rentals, putting the Maxima in the same class as a Buick Park Avenue. Remember, you're just renting a car, not buying it so enjoy yourself.
Old 08-05-2001, 10:40 PM

Yeah last time we rented a Towncar, that car was so smooth and quiet. The engine was near silent, little road and wind noise...and those seats were so wide and soft (especially compared to the Max). I think the best rental company is National...a lot of their cars are near fully loaded and they let u choose ur car instead of being assigned a car.

So does Enterprise still use the green sticker with the "E" on the backs of their cars?
Old 08-06-2001, 12:14 AM

Budget Car Rental

Got to drive from San Fransico Area to San Diego in a Maxima SE Auto, my girlfriend really liked it and "told" me she would, I mean, I would look really good in one.

Vudoo
Old 08-06-2001, 12:18 AM

Yeah last time we rented a Towncar, that car was so smooth and quiet. The engine was near silent, little road and wind noise...and those seats were so wide and soft (especially compared to the Max). I think the best rental company is National...a lot of their cars are near fully loaded and they let u choose ur car instead of being assigned a car.

So does Enterprise still use the green sticker with the "E" on the backs of their cars?
Last time I checked, yes.
Old 08-06-2001, 04:53 PM

I never saw any E stickers on the cars at the lot in Cerritos.
National is great, they mostly rent GM cars. I was even very pleased with the 4 cyl. Olds Alero I rented from them.
Hertz is owned by Ford so that's about all you get with them. But if you're going for a Town Car, that'll work.
Old 11-01-2001, 08:53 AM

2k2 SE

Just got back from Orlando and saw that Hertz had 2k2 SE's for rent. I was supposed to get a Mustang but one of the tires was really low. Went back in to tell them and they gave me a Monte instead...pretty decent car.
Old 11-01-2001, 09:34 AM
dot dot dot ...

Budget Rent A Car rents them here in Los Alamos New Mexico. Now we gets to drive around the 5th Gen(2K2) around for lunch.