5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Got some new goodies installed and pics!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2001, 07:25 PM
RussMaxManiac

Well these have been installed but never had pictures to show....here they are...

AE sills, AE shift ****, Painted black Mudflaps, and Chrome Guages. I have more goodies, just didn't feel like getting pics of them yet

http://www.5thgenmaximas.com/russmaxmaniac/newgoodies/

Old 08-07-2001, 07:34 PM

cool. I bought Infiniti sills from someone in the org but I think I'm only going to use the rear ones or just not use them at all, I'm going to order some Maxima sills soon and if money prevails an AE shift ****.
Old 08-07-2001, 07:41 PM

I like that shifter Russ. Did you get it from Courtesy or Dave B? Are the dimensions any different from stock?
Later,
Old 08-07-2001, 07:44 PM

We've ordered the sills, should be here Friday...I wanted the chrome rings but a lot of people complained that they screwed up so I decided not to order...

Hey Russ where'd you get your windshield cover/reflector? is it made of cloth? We have those "tin foil" ones and they fall apart really fast..
Old 08-07-2001, 07:48 PM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by FloMax
I like that shifter Russ. Did you get it from Courtesy or Dave B? Are the dimensions any different from stock?
Later,
From Dave B. About the same as stock just a hair higher.

Old 08-07-2001, 07:50 PM
RussMaxManiac

Those chrome rings were very easy to install. I have no idea why anyone would have trouble installing them unless they didn't take their time.

Also the sunshade. It's custom made for a 4th gen. I had it from my 98 Max. It fits perfect on the 5th gen to all corners as well. I forget the brand name since it was a gift. I will will at it tomarrow and let you know what the brand name is of it....works great.

Originally posted by Ludacris
We've ordered the sills, should be here Friday...I wanted the chrome rings but a lot of people complained that they screwed up so I decided not to order...

Hey Russ where'd you get your windshield cover/reflector? is it made of cloth? We have those "tin foil" ones and they fall apart really fast..

Old 08-07-2001, 08:43 PM

Looks great!! I have been wanting to get the gauge rings but cant remember where to find them! I like the Anniversary shifter, although mine was worn and scratched within 5000 miles. I don’t even wear a ring on my finger! I got the car as a demo though, so you never know. If you are looking for a cool shifter, you may want to also check out the MOMO’s . They are expensive, but the quality is unreal! When my AE shift **** started wearing, I wanted to get something that looked similar, so I went with the MOMO Cobra Aluminum. That sucker is HEAVY to! I checked all over for prices and found the best at http://www.extremeredline.com. It was about $80.00 but worth every penny!

AWESOME car RussMaxManiac!!! Great job on the mods!!
Old 08-07-2001, 10:22 PM
PhatGuy

Am I crazy?

Russ I thought all this time that all 2001 SE were AE editions? In the USA you guys could buy 2001 SE non AE? When did you get your car? How much of a diff in price was there for your car vs an AE with same options but with the AE stuff?

Old 08-08-2001, 12:11 AM

Here you go.. Gauge Rings for sale

Originally posted by Wreck-Diver
Looks great!! I have been wanting to get the gauge rings but cant remember where to find them! I like the Anniversary shifter, although mine was worn and scratched within 5000 miles. I don’t even wear a ring on my finger! I got the car as a demo though, so you never know. If you are looking for a cool shifter, you may want to also check out the MOMO’s . They are expensive, but the quality is unreal! When my AE shift **** started wearing, I wanted to get something that looked similar, so I went with the MOMO Cobra Aluminum. That sucker is HEAVY to! I checked all over for prices and found the best at http://www.extremeredline.com. It was about $80.00 but worth every penny!

AWESOME car RussMaxManiac!!! Great job on the mods!!
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=49017

Email me.. if you want them... paypal me the money.. I will get them out ASAP
SY~
Old 08-08-2001, 05:16 AM

Re: Here you go.. Gauge Rings for sale

Hey thanks for the reply on this! Sounds good... I like the way they look! I will be talking to ya soon.

Wadester
Old 08-08-2001, 05:31 AM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by Ludacris

I looked at it this morning, its made by covercraft. It feels like a cardboard type of stuff.

Old 08-08-2001, 05:32 AM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Am I crazy?

Originally posted by PhatGuy
Russ I thought all this time that all 2001 SE were AE editions? In the USA you guys could buy 2001 SE non AE? When did you get your car? How much of a diff in price was there for your car vs an AE with same options but with the AE stuff?

March 2001 purchased. 26k. AE was going for 28k...

Old 08-08-2001, 06:10 AM

Re: Here you go.. Gauge Rings for sale

Originally posted by SYCEFIRO

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=49017

Email me.. if you want them... paypal me the money.. I will get them out ASAP
SY~
Hey do you think you'll get those aluminum surrounds for the 5th gen gauges like u have for the 4th gens?
Old 08-08-2001, 07:14 AM

Russ: I guess I should hold back on that AE shiftknob then?

Cefiro Dude: The chrome rings are nice, however a lil' too expensive imo...

Wreck-Diver: Damn you I went to that site and I'm bombarded with cool a$$ momo ****. The shifters are cool, break covers are awesome, damnit. BTW the link is http://www.extremeredline.com without the period @ the end or it will redirect you to the host...