5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Reminder to everyone please visit 5thgenmaximas.com

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2001, 07:04 PM
RussMaxManiac

And support your generation of car! This site came alive to help everyone out with info, chat, maint, etc directly related to our GEN! So please support the site, and make it a success! It's screaming fast, and its easy to use! Come on over!

Old 08-08-2001, 07:18 PM

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac
And support your generation of car! This site came alive to help everyone out with info, chat, maint, etc directly related to our GEN! So please support the site, and make it a success! It's screaming fast, and its easy to use! Come on over!
Yah everybody come and join us in the 5th generation forums! The servers are always fast! The people are always there! BTW Russ, is footemps gone yet, I'm afraid to come back hehehe jk!
Old 08-08-2001, 08:19 PM

I dont' think I can

I can't press enter because I still can't handle the power of the VQ30DE

I'm glad your server is working now. I went on a couple weeks earlier and it didn't work.
Old 08-08-2001, 10:19 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Looks like Russ is lonely again.
Old 08-09-2001, 04:45 AM
Got Bent?

I'm there
Old 08-09-2001, 07:03 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

[yes this isn't nice]
Translation:

- I'm desperate for attention, almost to a concern for my mental health.

- I'm also a control freak, and need to direct what everyone does/thinks. Even though I've demonstrated before (clubmaxima for example) that I have difficulty handling such control and power.

- I wanna beat Jamie or else I will go crazy.

- I'm a hypocrite, because I complain on dot org about not being able to respond to posts because they get locked and then I turn around and do the same thing.....in the Off-Topic forum!

- Dump the dot org, as it's stupid and slow.

- If you don't spend most of your time over at my site, you are no better than idiots such as bill99gxe who do nothing but keep most of us down anyway.

- BLAH

- BLAH

- BLAH

[/yes this isn't nice]
Old 08-09-2001, 07:23 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Hi EvilBill!
Old 08-09-2001, 07:28 AM

Whoa! Sounds like Bill has some issues that need to be resolved!

Old 08-09-2001, 07:31 AM

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
Hi EvilBill!
[actually being nice]

MORNIN' Kev!

[/actually being nice]

I think Russ is gonna blow a microchip or two with my opinions......I don't like "notice me" spam posts.....Cheston doesn't have to do it, why does he?
Old 08-09-2001, 08:13 AM

Chill Bill, Russ is cool and his site is truly fast. He's just trying to remind everyone who didn't join to do so and let all the newbies and lurkers know a faster site exists during peek times on the org, damn dude seems like you were FLAMING for a second...
Old 08-09-2001, 08:29 AM

Originally posted by AdamK
Russ is cool

and his site is truly fast.

Definitely. It is quick.

He's just trying to remind everyone who didn't join to do so and let all the newbies and lurkers know a faster site exists during peek times on the org,

No, not really. There's a history and a pattern to his actions, need for attention/recognition, etc., but I don't have the time to create a timeline. Whatever you do, just bow down to every opinion he has, tell him he is great, and you'll be fine. Under no circumstances should you disagree with him.

damn dude seems like you were FLAMING for a second...
Uhh...yeah I was.....
Old 08-09-2001, 08:30 AM

ey Adam, how much did DaveB get you the sills for? Mine cost 82 with shipping...hope yours was about the same or..shiat.

Yeah I respect Russ for making a site for us. It's just that it's been going a lil slow over there. I'm logged there but it always acts funky and doesnt let me post...
Old 08-09-2001, 08:34 AM

Originally posted by Ludacris
ey Adam, how much did DaveB get you the sills for? Mine cost 82 with shipping...hope yours was about the same or..shiat.

Yeah I respect Russ for making a site for us. It's just that it's been going a lil slow over there. I'm logged there but it always acts funky and doesnt let me post...
I paid $60.00 for all (4) sills with a black border thingy. Thats with s/h. $82? Sounds like he may have charged you tax or they just went down in price...PM him and ask.

As for bill I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut, last time I started talkin $hit in a forum *Computer Forum* I started a thread with ~million responses from people who wanted to find and kill me hahaha
Old 08-09-2001, 08:54 AM

I paid $60.00 for all (4) sills with a black border thingy. Thats with s/h.
****...I knew I shouldn't have ordered from Courtesy.
Old 08-09-2001, 09:07 AM

Originally posted by Ludacris

****...I knew I shouldn't have ordered from Courtesy.
oh I thought you ordered from Dave, I hate courtesy!
Old 08-09-2001, 09:41 AM
RussMaxManiac

Let me remind everyone that I am not begging, just reminding everyone that we do have a dedicated site that will be successful for 5th gen maximas. Also some people think there POWER makes them awesome and I will not name people on .org that think this. Also I do not moderate my forum because everyone BEHAVES. Unlike here. And my site is not to take over max.org never had the intention too.

Also, Bill it seems you have no life, just love acting like a child and trying to **** people off. Alot of people do not like you, and I mean alot for the way you treat them.

And let me remind you and others that I have ALOT of experience running clubs, longer you, Jamie, or anyone here period. I have NEVER had a issue with running one till you came around. You are the one that caused the crap to happen on clubmaxima.com to basically make me throw the towel. So don't even try to say i couldn't handle it. Personally I am glad I didn't take that job, because I have a better one running 2 clubs, one that is growing slowly 5thgenmaximas.com and one that is huge b15sentra.net.

Seems like everyone loves me on b15sentra.net and loves the site. They even say its the best out of all the sites they been to since its so laid back, never any flame wars, etc. Its highly rated from Nissan as well and SCC magazine. WOW! I even know some editors at SCC too we talk alot, same goes for Nissan. They enjoy the site and visit it daily to keep up with it.

Must be nice...

Russell -Z- out "can't handle the pressure of running a site"

Old 08-09-2001, 09:59 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Also I do not moderate my forum because everyone BEHAVES. Unlike here.
Are you implying something?
Old 08-09-2001, 10:07 AM
RussMaxManiac

Meaning no flaming, etc on my forum. It's a relaxed enviroment. But we do have post ****** now

Old 08-09-2001, 10:08 AM

its ok keving
Old 08-09-2001, 10:17 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by AznWontonboy

its ok keving
Wonton

Wonton
Old 08-09-2001, 10:22 AM

I posted this on the 5th gen site just reposting to make sure everyone reads it...

btw Russ I kinda feel sorry for you, the reason is that you made a fast Maxima site and put alot of money in it, and I don't think you have any ads so your on the minus...

Domain: $9.95-$35.95

Hosting: Guessing around 10-20/month

VBulletin: Like 140 + 100 instalation

C'mon people we should all support this site, Russ put the money into this and it was just for us, lets not be mean, if you got a problem keep it to yourself!
Old 08-09-2001, 10:30 AM
RussMaxManiac

Actually $35 for domain
$35 for hosting, might go up soon.
$160 for vbb, no install cost, I did it.

I posted this on the 5th gen site just reposting to make sure everyone reads it...

btw Russ I kinda feel sorry for you, the reason is that you made a fast Maxima site and put alot of money in it, and I don't think you have any ads so your on the minus...

Domain: $9.95-$35.95

Hosting: Guessing around 10-20/month

VBulletin: Like 140 + 100 instalation

C'mon people we should all support this site, Russ put the money into this and it was just for us, lets not be mean, if you got a problem keep it to yourself!

Old 08-09-2001, 11:22 AM

Also some people think there POWER makes them awesome and I will not name people on .org that think this.

1) there = their

2) I have no power in this forum.

3) I do have a name.

Also I do not moderate my forum because everyone BEHAVES.

If that's the case, why was the first thread I participated in locked?

Unlike here.

My guestimate is there are about 5% problem members out of several thousand. And that's being generous with the numbers.

Also, Bill it seems you have no life, just love acting like a child and trying to **** people off. Alot of people do not like you, and I mean alot for the way you treat them.

1) I have a life.
2) If a lot of people don't like me, then that's fine.
3) If this was really true, I'm pretty sure I would receive a lot of "hate" e-mails. I could count the number of them on one hand.
4) I could also cite how many "thank you for moderating" e-mails I get, but I choose not to.

And let me remind you and others that I have ALOT of experience running clubs, longer you, Jamie, or anyone here period.

That is true. But your statement reflects nothing more than a chip on your shoulder because you think you're not "good enough" and have to constantly prove yourself.

You don't need to do that. Let your accomplishments and contributions stand on their own merit.

I have NEVER had a issue with running one till you came around.

NEVER? Do you remember a former member by the name of Andi? I sure do.

You are the one that caused the crap to happen on clubmaxima.com to basically make me throw the towel.

No I'm not. That is a lie.

So don't even try to say i couldn't handle it.

You're the one who resigned. No one held a gun to your head.

Personally I am glad I didn't take that job, because I have a better one running 2 clubs, one that is growing slowly 5thgenmaximas.com and one that is huge b15sentra.net.

Revisionist history here. You were a moderator and then resigned. You did take the job, but then chose not to have it anymore.

Seems like everyone loves me on b15sentra.net and loves the site.

I'm sure they do, but I have no personal knowledge of this so I cannot comment.

They even say its the best out of all the sites they been to since its so laid back, never any flame wars, etc. Its highly rated from Nissan as well and SCC magazine. WOW! I even know some editors at SCC too we talk alot, same goes for Nissan. They enjoy the site and visit it daily to keep up with it.

Great! If it's the same approach, then the 5thgenmaximas.com site will be successful as well.

Must be nice...

Must be evil.....:vampire:
Old 08-09-2001, 11:35 AM

Wonton

Wonton
Old 08-09-2001, 11:41 AM

Hmmm....then what did Russ do with the $20 that I sent him to get the site started way back when?? There were a few others that sent him money as well. Hmm...perhaps someone doesn't have all the facts. I'm not trying to flame you AdamK, I just want you to know that there are some of us that do support Russ and the new site. I don't know if coming over here and arguing with the mods is the best way to promote the site, but I guess there is nothing I can do about that.

*Get on his soap box*
I just want eveyone to know that 5thgenmaximas.com is a nice site and that anyone who is interested in finding a site that is dedicated to the 5th gen Max, should visit there. There are some great How-To's and other info, plus a forum just full of 5th gen owners and a few 4th gen owners too, but we don't discriminate. Please come and visit, enjoy your stay and we look forward to seeing you again. Thank you!!
*Gets off his soap box*

Ok, that's it, sorry for length guys and gals.
Old 08-09-2001, 12:21 PM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Having a dedicated server is fine

but sometimes its better to rely on experience of others as well. I have received some good info on how to track/do/perform stuff from non-5th genners. But I have also received the same "gen specific" type help from collegues here.

[on soap box]
The comments that have been stated here (attacks) do not show the good nature that this site has been know for. By saying someone caused someone elses failure/retirement/quiting (whatever you choose to call it tomato/tomaaaato) is not in the best of taste and could be interpreted as an excuse.

Everyone chooses up sides and defends that cause they believe in. Bill has some, Russ has some. Are either right or wrong? I dunno, not close enough to the situation. But it would seem there are some personal issues at work here.

I do think that its generous that Russ can post on another website to help generate traffic on his, but I am guessing that if this type of warring continues, that might not be an available option.

[/off soap box]

Did I say to much?
Old 08-09-2001, 03:36 PM

And let me remind you and others that I have ALOT of experience running clubs, longer you, Jamie, or anyone here period. I have NEVER had a issue with running one till you came around.
so you and andi never argued or discussed who should run the forum??

Seems like everyone loves me on b15sentra.net and loves the site. They even say its the best out of all the sites they been to since its so laid back, never any flame wars, etc.
uhh most of the people on b15sentra.net have not hit puberty yet. they are spoiled kids that mom and dad bought them a car. If it wasn't for Lee and David stepping up with real information and details about mods and pushing for new mods it would be dead in the water, so to speak.

Fro
Old 08-09-2001, 03:57 PM

Russ you just can't do it can you? You just can't walk away. I guess your maturity level is just a little too premature for that. Bill in no way flamed you on the 5th gen site, that was helpful information. Like I told you before just walk away if you think people are flaming you.. who cares? I'm going to tell you once again Russ, this is the INTERNET, not the real world. Don't sit behind the keyboard if you can't handle what will come up on the screen. I know I have more important things to worry about than some stupid website, I guess you just have nothing else to do. If you didn't want to spend the money to make that thing run, then you shouldn't have done it. And you also need to give credit to the people that gave you money because you are making it sound like you paid for this thing by yourself. I'm the first one to call on this entire thing. Get over it Russ and walk away for once in your internet career.
Old 08-09-2001, 04:09 PM
RussMaxManiac

Like usual you 2 miss the point. I never said A PERSON. I never had a problem with issues running the clubs. That is what I am saying.

Also David and Lee have done a great job pushing for new mods and so have I. I recall starting the CAI, Headers, and pushing for exhaust back when I was really into the Sentra...hmmm

Originally posted by FroMan

so you and andi never argued or discussed who should run the forum??

uhh most of the people on b15sentra.net have not hit puberty yet. they are spoiled kids that mom and dad bought them a car. If it wasn't for Lee and David stepping up with real information and details about mods and pushing for new mods it would be dead in the water, so to speak.

Fro

Old 08-09-2001, 04:12 PM
RussMaxManiac

Yes I am walking away from this now. The people who donated know who they are and the site and myself are very grateful. AdamK just posted that info but the actual VBB wasn't out of my own pocket except $50 of it. The site name, and hosting I pay for every month. That is what I was trying to say earlier. Anyways, I am out, and for now on, I am ignoring these flames or comments from 2 people especially. Flame all you want, but your no longer getting a answer out of me.

Originally posted by Mustang1999
Russ you just can't do it can you? You just can't walk away. I guess your maturity level is just a little too premature for that. Bill in no way flamed you on the 5th gen site, that was helpful information. Like I told you before just walk away if you think people are flaming you.. who cares? I'm going to tell you once again Russ, this is the INTERNET, not the real world. Don't sit behind the keyboard if you can't handle what will come up on the screen. I know I have more important things to worry about than some stupid website, I guess you just have nothing else to do. If you didn't want to spend the money to make that thing run, then you shouldn't have done it. And you also need to give credit to the people that gave you money because you are making it sound like you paid for this thing by yourself. I'm the first one to call on this entire thing. Get over it Russ and walk away for once in your internet career.

Old 08-09-2001, 04:56 PM

I must now crawl back into my hole and bow to the all powerful and omnipotent Russell Zotz; the god of 2 4th and 1 5th generation Maximas, the b13 Sentra se-r’s, and LS1 powered f bodies.

The lowly engineer defeated by the all powerful computer geek.
Old 08-09-2001, 05:01 PM

I must now crawl back into my hole and bow to the all powerful and omnipotent Russell Zotz; the god of 2 4th and 1 5th generation Maximas, the b13 Sentra se-r’s, and LS1 powered f bodies.

The lowly engineer defeated by the all powerful computer geek.
LMAO!!!

Old 08-09-2001, 05:41 PM

Professional Cement Cobbler, Shing Lover, and Evil Moderator Supporter.
[trying to interject some humor]

Am I the only one scared by that last part of the sig?

Supporter?

I thought I was supposed to be hated?

KEV, HELP FROMAN OUT PLEASE!

[/trying to interject some humor]
Old 08-09-2001, 07:47 PM

<mafia>

you want shoes i got your shoes

</mafia>
Old 08-09-2001, 08:29 PM

Originally posted by bill99gxe

damn dude seems like you were FLAMING for a second...
Uhh...yeah I was..... [/B]
I thought moderators are here to moderate, not flame others. I guess i'm wrong.
Old 08-09-2001, 08:35 PM

Originally posted by littledog

Uhh...yeah I was.....
I thought moderators are here to moderate, not flame others. I guess i'm wrong. [/B][/QUOTE]

They are here to point out stupidity as well as moderate, but then again everyone here can point out stupidity, hrmm much like I'm doing now. Moderators are here to keep good information on this website, if you have a problem with the way they moderate then I suggest you don't click on forums.maxima.org.

Here is a smilie, in the likeness of Bill

Old 08-09-2001, 08:36 PM

Hey Deanne
how are you?
Long time no talk
Old 08-09-2001, 08:52 PM

Originally posted by yongjun
Hey Deanne
how are you?
Long time no talk
Hey YJ!! Did you not see my post in the Texas Forum, I was saying that if you need to get in touch with Shing on the weekends, you can call my cell phone if you can't get his cuz we are usually together.

I'm just getting ready for school.. How's things up in Plano?? You still in Plano or are you back at school?
Old 08-09-2001, 09:01 PM

Originally posted by Mustang1999

They are here to point out stupidity as well as moderate, but then again everyone here can point out stupidity, hrmm much like I'm doing now. Moderators are here to keep good information on this website, if you have a problem with the way they moderate then I suggest you don't click on forums.maxima.org.

Here is a smilie, in the likeness of Bill

I don't think there's anything stupid by telling others that there is a site that's dedicated to the 5th generation maxima. Obviously You and Bill have different opinion than I do, I guess I can't do anything about it and I don't think there's any problem with that either. Also I don't have any problem with the moderators, I was just saying that I found out something that I didn't know before. Simple as that. Here's a smilie too.
Old 08-09-2001, 09:10 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I'm just going to jump in here for a second and clear some things up from the "Maxima.org" standpoint. This won't make everyone happy, but I'll give you my honest-to-gosh standpoint here about this *particular* thread:

1. Russ' post about his site in this particular situation was perfectly fine. Just as with clubmaxima.com, maximadriver.com and others, I have no problem with people publicizing sites that support and further the Maxima's recognition. If Russ wants to start a site that gives 5th geners a place to go that makes them feel more comfortable than here, that's perfectly fine -- it's just another alternative to Maxima.org's 5th Generation Forum.

2. Yes, I'd say that Bill's post here was harsh. Bill's a good friend of mine that I trust, however, that's not to say that our personalities match 100%. Russ didn't deserve what Bill dished out in this particular case; this was a case of frustration built up over time.

3. Mustang1999's comment about moderators being able to point out stupidity isn't something that I want us to get in the habit of doing expressly. Yes, they may point out the obvious sometimes, but the job of a moderator is to help maintain focus and direction in a forum, not to control it. Think of the job as a dog that herds sheep (yes, I'm calling all of you sheep -- deal with it. ); the idea is to keep the sheep together and moving in the same direction, not to kill them all off so that the only thing left in the pasture is the sheepdog. Its a gentle nudge one way or the other, not to opress people from talking.

I think we all (and yes, me included) need to do a better job of restraint in the face of difference of opinion and the tolerance of depth and breadth of knowledge of others. Remember, the same thing drew us all here and it's the same thing that should continue to bring us back here -- the appreciation and love for Maximas.

Quick Reply: Reminder to everyone please visit 5thgenmaximas.com