5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Wild Night...Extremely detailed

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2001, 10:30 PM

My friends and I were up at the hang out. One of my friends gets hungry so we decided to go to the next town to McDonnalds. She told us to follow her because she had to go home and get a sweater. We tell her that we'll meet them there. My friend and I wanted to get into some races. We get into town and my friend points out a red Mustang GT with no plates making a U-turn at the strip. He told me to race him. I was like, no, he'll waste me. He gets up next to us and just punches it. I didn't do it. We get close to the end of the strip when I roll down my windows and he rolls his down. I asked what year it was, he says "94" and I said "its a nice car." I'm just trying to be friendly. He seemed friendly. I asked him where he got it, he says "Waseca." We make a U-turn to go into the next direction. We see this green Grand Am and I look over. He looks at us and I just drop it into 1st and my tires squeal at 35mph I hear some "spectators" go "WHOA". It was actually where they hang out. I waste the guy. I wish I only knew what model it was. He had rims, chrome ones. We make another U-turn where the strip ends to go into the next direction. We cruise and waiting for our friends who was to meet us. We see a familiar car. Dodge Shadow who was my friends. He was in town and just cruising after comming from the fair. He was with some buddies. They point out the Mustang and tell me to race it. We parked at the McDonnalds parking lot so we can talk better. After we chat, we go off. He puts on his E-brakes and tries to do a burn out. All he does was just lock up his back tires while he was moving LOL. I do the same. I pulled up the E-brake and just punch it. After about 2 seconds, I let it off and the tires were still sqealing for another 5 seconds. They were like "WHOA" We get back on the strip. We where in different lanes. We switch lanes in unison and do it back and forth. That was a fun part. We see the Mustang GT come up behind us. My friends point at the car and say, "Look, theres the Mustang." I didn't bother cause I had a feeling he would waste me. So then I just punch the shifter into 1st gear and the tires squeal. My passenger says that the people at DQ where staring and going "WHOA" My friend trie to catch up. Once he does he goes, "DAMN, you just squealed your tires going 30mph." We both make a U-turn and the Mustang guy was still behind us. We hear tires squealing and look back to see the Mustang guy doing a "power on over steer." We were like, "DAMN" He come up to me and I look over. He punches it and stops. I catch up to him. Look over and I just down shift into 1st gear and punch it. I brake and he catches up. Basically it goes onlike this for awhile. My friend was still behind us and we talked. We make a U-turn to get into the other direction again. We see the Mustang again. I catch up to him. He punches it and stops. I do the same thing. We get to the end of the strip again and make U-turn. He does the same power on oversteer and catches up to me. He punches it and Then I do. I was gaining on him until I hit my pesky rev limiter in 1st gear. Then I shift into second and still at his side and gaining. I slow down and so does he. I slow down more and talk with my friend who was still behind me. Me and my passenger were laughing and smiling. They asked what happened. My passenger says we just raced that mustang and were beating him. We take another U-turn and see the Mustang again. The guy asked if I was an automatic. I shake my head yes. I asked if he was. He says yes. He asked me what engine was in there. I say 3.0. He said he has a 302. I knew he had that but now I feel like saying I had a 182 instead of a 3.0 LOL. We come up to the end of the strip and make a turn into the McDonnalds parking lot to chat. We see the Mustang guy talking to his friend in a red chevy Silverado pickup with some exhaust. We go off and cruise again and we see the red Chevy. My friend was in front of us this time. He gets up next to us and just punches it. I punch it into 1st gear and gain on him and slammed on the brakes hard so we wouldn't rear end my friend. The guy in the Chevy shouts out something in his window and he gets beside my friend and flicks me and my friend off in his rear window. WTF!?!?! The guy turns off into a gas station and we go off until we get to the end of the strip and make another U-turn. We see the guy in the Mustang and the guy in the Red Silverado talking and then they get into the stripp and follow us. The guy in the Silverado was tailgating so I punch it and waste him again. My friend and I go into the residential streets to talk for awhile. We come out into the strip and now there are more people chasing us. WTF?!?! There is a guy in a white F-150 and a guy in a 80's Cavalier. They chase us and We turned into the a highway that leads into the country. I go the speed limit. I guess they aren't friendly people. I thought the Mustang guy was cool, but turns out to be another jack-*** Mustang owner. We turn into a restatuant and we make a U-turn. I go out to the street and I see the guy in the Cavalier waiting on the streets and he just punches it on the shoulder. I do the same and just waste him. I don't know what happened to my friends back there. I keep going until I'm up to 130mph. We come into the city and I turn off my lights and make a turn off some street. We still see lights following us and its them. UGH!! My friend was in front of them though, so now I'm relieved that he was still here. we chase around town. My friend and I seperate and the Mustang, F-150, and the Cavalier chase my friend while the Silverado guy chases me. I come up to a stop sign and stop. The guy in the Silverado pulls up next to me and rolls down his windows and says "YOU BETTER GET THE **** OUTTA MY FACE. I CALLED THE COPS ON YOUR GUYS SO GET OUT OF HERE BEFORE THEY BUST YOU." I asked him "WTF DID WE DO?" I get outta the car. Mind you, this guy was a tiny fella about 5'4". His name is Jesse *** and I know him from sports. The guy just takes off. Scared? You bet he was! But we head out of town and the ***** still follows us. He follows us out of town and turns around. WTF was his problem!?!We get into town and just laugh it off. Couple of minutes later my friends show up at the gas station we where at in town. My friend calls up a girl he knows from that town and tell her what happened. She was like "yeah the guy in the Mustang was ****ed that he was beat and he told his friends that you guys did some **** to him." He was like, " We never did anything to them, they were following us like we did something to them personally." She says "Don't worry about it, the guy in the Mustang and you know Jesse is a ****." They hang up and we just chat for awhile and about the 5.0. I'm never going back to that crazy town for awhile.

I told you all the details.

Geesh, some people. I'm still happy that I beat a 94 Mustang GT 5.0 automatic Especially with another passenger who is 6'9" 255lbs in my grocery getter car hehehe
Old 08-12-2001, 10:42 PM

Originally posted by ScreamingVQ
My friends and I were up at the hang out. One of my friends gets hungry so we decided to go to the next town to McDonnalds. She told us to follow her because she had to go home and get a sweater. We tell her that we'll meet them there. My friend and I wanted to get into some races. We get into town and my friend points out a red Mustang GT with no plates making a U-turn at the strip. He told me to race him. I was like, no, he'll waste me. He gets up next to us and just punches it. I didn't do it. We get close to the end of the strip when I roll down my windows and he rolls his down. I asked what year it was, he says "94" and I said "its a nice car." I'm just trying to be friendly. He seemed friendly. I asked him where he got it, he says "Waseca." We make a U-turn to go into the next direction. We see this green Grand Am and I look over. He looks at us and I just drop it into 1st and my tires squeal at 35mph I hear some "spectators" go "WHOA". It was actually where they hang out. I waste the guy. I wish I only knew what model it was. He had rims, chrome ones. We make another U-turn where the strip ends to go into the next direction. We cruise and waiting for our friends who was to meet us. We see a familiar car. Dodge Shadow who was my friends. He was in town and just cruising after comming from the fair. He was with some buddies. They point out the Mustang and tell me to race it. We parked at the McDonnalds parking lot so we can talk better. After we chat, we go off. He puts on his E-brakes and tries to do a burn out. All he does was just lock up his back tires while he was moving LOL. I do the same. I pulled up the E-brake and just punch it. After about 2 seconds, I let it off and the tires were still sqealing for another 5 seconds. They were like "WHOA" We get back on the strip. We where in different lanes. We switch lanes in unison and do it back and forth. That was a fun part. We see the Mustang GT come up behind us. My friends point at the car and say, "Look, theres the Mustang." I didn't bother cause I had a feeling he would waste me. So then I just punch the shifter into 1st gear and the tires squeal. My passenger says that the people at DQ where staring and going "WHOA" My friend trie to catch up. Once he does he goes, "DAMN, you just squealed your tires going 30mph." We both make a U-turn and the Mustang guy was still behind us. We hear tires squealing and look back to see the Mustang guy doing a "power on over steer." We were like, "DAMN" He come up to me and I look over. He punches it and stops. I catch up to him. Look over and I just down shift into 1st gear and punch it. I brake and he catches up. Basically it goes onlike this for awhile. My friend was still behind us and we talked. We make a U-turn to get into the other direction again. We see the Mustang again. I catch up to him. He punches it and stops. I do the same thing. We get to the end of the strip again and make U-turn. He does the same power on oversteer and catches up to me. He punches it and Then I do. I was gaining on him until I hit my pesky rev limiter in 1st gear. Then I shift into second and still at his side and gaining. I slow down and so does he. I slow down more and talk with my friend who was still behind me. Me and my passenger were laughing and smiling. They asked what happened. My passenger says we just raced that mustang and were beating him. We take another U-turn and see the Mustang again. The guy asked if I was an automatic. I shake my head yes. I asked if he was. He says yes. He asked me what engine was in there. I say 3.0. He said he has a 302. I knew he had that but now I feel like saying I had a 182 instead of a 3.0 LOL. We come up to the end of the strip and make a turn into the McDonnalds parking lot to chat. We see the Mustang guy talking to his friend in a red chevy Silverado pickup with some exhaust. We go off and cruise again and we see the red Chevy. My friend was in front of us this time. He gets up next to us and just punches it. I punch it into 1st gear and gain on him and slammed on the brakes hard so we wouldn't rear end my friend. The guy in the Chevy shouts out something in his window and he gets beside my friend and flicks me and my friend off in his rear window. WTF!?!?! The guy turns off into a gas station and we go off until we get to the end of the strip and make another U-turn. We see the guy in the Mustang and the guy in the Red Silverado talking and then they get into the stripp and follow us. The guy in the Silverado was tailgating so I punch it and waste him again. My friend and I go into the residential streets to talk for awhile. We come out into the strip and now there are more people chasing us. WTF?!?! There is a guy in a white F-150 and a guy in a 80's Cavalier. They chase us and We turned into the a highway that leads into the country. I go the speed limit. I guess they aren't friendly people. I thought the Mustang guy was cool, but turns out to be another jack-*** Mustang owner. We turn into a restatuant and we make a U-turn. I go out to the street and I see the guy in the Cavalier waiting on the streets and he just punches it on the shoulder. I do the same and just waste him. I don't know what happened to my friends back there. I keep going until I'm up to 130mph. We come into the city and I turn off my lights and make a turn off some street. We still see lights following us and its them. UGH!! My friend was in front of them though, so now I'm relieved that he was still here. we chase around town. My friend and I seperate and the Mustang, F-150, and the Cavalier chase my friend while the Silverado guy chases me. I come up to a stop sign and stop. The guy in the Silverado pulls up next to me and rolls down his windows and says "YOU BETTER GET THE **** OUTTA MY FACE. I CALLED THE COPS ON YOUR GUYS SO GET OUT OF HERE BEFORE THEY BUST YOU." I asked him "WTF DID WE DO?" I get outta the car. Mind you, this guy was a tiny fella about 5'4". His name is Jesse *** and I know him from sports. The guy just takes off. Scared? You bet he was! But we head out of town and the ***** still follows us. He follows us out of town and turns around. WTF was his problem!?!We get into town and just laugh it off. Couple of minutes later my friends show up at the gas station we where at in town. My friend calls up a girl he knows from that town and tell her what happened. She was like "yeah the guy in the Mustang was ****ed that he was beat and he told his friends that you guys did some **** to him." He was like, " We never did anything to them, they were following us like we did something to them personally." She says "Don't worry about it, the guy in the Mustang and you know Jesse is a ****." They hang up and we just chat for awhile and about the 5.0. I'm never going back to that crazy town for awhile.

I told you all the details.

Geesh, some people. I'm still happy that I beat a 94 Mustang GT 5.0 automatic Especially with another passenger who is 6'9" 255lbs in my grocery getter car hehehe
where was this?
Old 08-12-2001, 10:44 PM

I only read the first and last sentence, it was too long to read. Cool.
Old 08-12-2001, 10:47 PM

Cool story, and cool kill. Those guys chasing u around were idiots! haha...the Mustang guy must have had a big ego (as usual).
Old 08-12-2001, 11:06 PM

Originally posted by AznWontonboy

where was this?
Windom, Minnesota. I should have called the cops on that guy also for tailgating me and stalking me.
Old 08-13-2001, 06:19 AM

So, how did you beat him?
Old 08-13-2001, 06:49 AM

A 94 Mustang GT with an automatic is just about the slowest Mustang made (v8) since the late 70's. They only have 205 hp and that year, with the new body style, they gained 200 pounds from the 93's. They are WAY undergeared. Their 1st gear is probably close to our 2nd gear in an auto and between 2nd and third in a manual. They come with 2.73 rear gears, and a 2.4 first gear. That equates to a 6.5 overall ratio for first gear. Their 0-60 times are around 7.8-8.0. My wife has a similar car, and they don't shift out of 1st until around 60mph.

I just went to Keystone raceway in Pittsburgh to race my Maxima. My mustang club rented the track for the day. I already know how fast my mustang is (12.7 @109mph w/automatic) so I took my Maxima. My best run was 15.3 @ 94mph, and I lost every race by more than 2 seconds.

--Ray
Old 08-13-2001, 08:15 AM

Originally posted by AznWontonboy

where was this?
Did you have to quote that entire thing for a three-word reply?!
Old 08-13-2001, 11:29 AM

Originally posted by raynist
A 94 Mustang GT with an automatic is just about the slowest Mustang made (v8) since the late 70's. They only have 205 hp and that year, with the new body style, they gained 200 pounds from the 93's. They are WAY undergeared. Their 1st gear is probably close to our 2nd gear in an auto and between 2nd and third in a manual. They come with 2.73 rear gears, and a 2.4 first gear. That equates to a 6.5 overall ratio for first gear. Their 0-60 times are around 7.8-8.0. My wife has a similar car, and they don't shift out of 1st until around 60mph.

I just went to Keystone raceway in Pittsburgh to race my Maxima. My mustang club rented the track for the day. I already know how fast my mustang is (12.7 @109mph w/automatic) so I took my Maxima. My best run was 15.3 @ 94mph, and I lost every race by more than 2 seconds.

--Ray
I wast thinking the 0-60 time was at least in the low sevens. I never thought it would be in the high 7's. Cool