5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Windshield Washer LEDs installed

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2001, 12:16 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Here are pics of it at night. Excuse the quality since I just went down at 3am to take the shots.

http://www.geocities.com/dsuthar/washerleds/

It was an absolute SOB time trying to install them since the factory ones are in with a clip and from the underside of the hood there is only a 1.5" hole to push them out and install the new ones.

It was a BI#@H of a time to get the new ones in there with that washer screw and then running the wires. But it was worth it.

Color is Bright White.

AND YES THOSE ARE REAL HIDs, but I am getting the new 2K2 assembly from DaveB tommorow, cait wait.

Dixit
Old 08-22-2001, 12:45 AM

HID's

BTW Nice looking "xenon" (I still don't get it) LED's.

And Nice rims too.

but don't you think the HID's are a little aqua-colored? Not my choice of color.
Old 08-22-2001, 12:49 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: HID's

Originally posted by melanthius
BTW Nice looking "xenon" (I still don't get it) LED's.

And Nice rims too.

but don't you think the HID's are a little aqua-colored? Not my choice of color.
You just wont get off a brother for two mins will you?

1. XENON LOOK - SuperWhite ~4300K color output. got it?
2. My HID lights are not aqua colored, they are the exact same color as my girlfriends 330i. They just look like that because it is hard trying to take a picture 3AM in the morning while the XENON lights are blinding the crap out of my Digital Camera. I tried my best. Sorry it was not upto your Standards.

Sheesh.......

Thanks, I got the RIMS for only $630 for the whole set because they are a new Brand by ENKEI and I know the guy who owns the shop in Utah and he gave me the First Promo Set.

Dixit
Old 08-22-2001, 02:01 AM

Originally posted by BigDogJonx
Here are pics of it at night. Excuse the quality since I just went down at 3am to take the shots.

It was an absolute SOB time trying to install them since the factory ones are in with a clip and from the underside of the hood there is only a 1.5" hole to push them out and install the new ones.

It was a BI#@H of a time to get the new ones in there with that washer screw and then running the wires. But it was worth it.

Color is Bright White.

AND YES THOSE ARE REAL HIDs, but I am getting the new 2K2 assembly from DaveB tommorow, cait wait.

Dixit

hey, they look tite! ! ! I guess i'm gonna have to get some now. . .hehehe. . .thanks for taking the pix at 3am in the morning, some ppl don't know how to appreciate things. . .
Old 08-22-2001, 02:56 AM

Color is Bright White.

Dixit
Thanks for posting them man, especially at this time...turning 3 am here on the west I can't sleep heh. How much did u get em for?
Old 08-22-2001, 03:13 AM

Re: Re: HID's

Damn d00d, too bad you can't tell that I was joking.

I like your mods, I thought I was being complimentary ! I like the look of your wiper lights, I just thought it was funny that they are called Xenon (it had nothing to do with you, just with the manufacturer)...

Also, I think it's awesome that you have a Maxima with real HID's...too bad you're getting rid of them.

I also complemented your rims.... what about your car did you think was "not up to my standards?" I think your car's tight, man! I just was wondering if those were really as aqua colored as they looked, but since you say they're not, I'll believe u! Damn, you don't hafta get so defensive LOL.

You just wont get off a brother for two mins will you?

1. XENON LOOK - SuperWhite ~4300K color output. got it?
2. My HID lights are not aqua colored, they are the exact same color as my girlfriends 330i. They just look like that because it is hard trying to take a picture 3AM in the morning while the XENON lights are blinding the crap out of my Digital Camera. I tried my best. Sorry it was not upto your Standards.

Sheesh.......

Thanks, I got the RIMS for only $630 for the whole set because they are a new Brand by ENKEI and I know the guy who owns the shop in Utah and he gave me the First Promo Set.

Dixit
Old 08-22-2001, 03:24 AM

Re: Re: Re: HID's

Originally posted by melanthius
Damn d00d, too bad you can't tell that I was joking.

I like your mods, I thought I was being complimentary ! I like the look of your wiper lights, I just thought it was funny that they are called Xenon (it had nothing to do with you, just with the manufacturer)...

Also, I think it's awesome that you have a Maxima with real HID's...too bad you're getting rid of them.

I also complemented your rims.... what about your car did you think was "not up to my standards?" I think your car's tight, man! I just was wondering if those were really as aqua colored as they looked, but since you say they're not, I'll believe u! Damn, you don't hafta get so defensive LOL.

I think it was because you made the same comment on 2 different threads