5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

bad dealer experience

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2001, 01:29 PM

It was so aggravating last night, after alot of troublew with the dealer getting me my title and other things, I though I was gonna be finaly done last night. But no. Here is why.

This dealership is in Nashua Newhampshire, Peters of Nissan. I never wanted to do business with them in the first place because before this car I went there 3 times to get a more expensive car that I was ready to go for but nobody would help me any opf the times. Even after going in they said they would send someone out but after 1 hour and seeing others that just got on the lot helped I left. So I already did not like this place but then last night after weeks of waiting I had to go back to them because they messed up on the title. They are also not right up the street for me they are about 40 minutes away. So I went in and the guy had me all going like tonights the night your all set you can register and drive tommorow bla blah blah. Then he goes into the sales managers office and comes out saying that he was not going to do it tonight because there was another couple who just went in and diong theres. The reason I would not is because the time they get out will be almost when they are closed. He told me they take precedence because of the fact that mine was considered "non profit". To me it makes no sence because if it was reversed who here thinks they would have told the other people " Oh well we will have to be here five minutes later so we dont want you money tonight" No way. So then I have to come back in the next morning get a new title from them ( taking time out of work mind you) and then when I get there nobody wanted to do it. He said they were all busy and could I come back later. After telling them No I was not leaving without it they finally did it. So then I had to go back to the insurance lady to get it restamped because of them which was over and hour away and thanks to parking in boston about 20 minute walk each way. If your in the area I would consider looking somewhere else. There is a new Nissan dealership opening in Tewksbury soon and I just hope they are alot better, I know I will be going to them from now on though. Sorry so long but it is just aggravating.
Old 08-22-2001, 02:25 PM

Originally posted by SuDZ
It was so aggravating last night, after alot of troublew with the dealer getting me my title and other things, I though I was gonna be finaly done last night. But no. Here is why.

SNIP

I feel your pain. The dealer I bought mine from was plenty of help before the sale, but since then dealing with them has been one load of bull after another. Luckily there are two other dealers in town, and at least one of them I know to be decent.

Better luck in future dealings!

Jack
Old 08-22-2001, 04:22 PM

Good Dealer Experience

I bought my 2000 Maxima GXE at Miller Honda, which is in Culver City on Washington Blvd.

First of all, it's a Nissan I was buying from a Honda dealer, and the guy was pretty knowledgable beyond what I already knew about the car. I told him I saw the ad in the LA Times and I was interested in the car, so he took me for a test drive.

The car drove great, as you all know... much better than the accord. Then we went back into his cubicle, where we talked about the price of the car. I said, "here's the price in the paper $17,900" and they gave me NO trouble. There was no "let me ask my manager about that price" or "that price is for a vehicle with a different VIN number".

So about half an hour later we were signing the check over! They washed it for me and I drove it home. Nice and easy.

Later I discovered that they gave me only a Valet Key, so I have to have a Master key made (but the dealer's going to pay for it - YES the dealer!)

So all in all I give them a "*****" rating.
Old 08-22-2001, 04:35 PM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

Re: Good Dealer Experience

I had a good experience with my Honda dealership as well, only I was actually buying a Honda there

As for these retard dealerships that treat you like crap, I would NEVER ever let them push me around like that. Sometimes you just need to be a little "proactive" about things to let them know who's boss (YOU!!!) It helps to be big, too - I'm 6'3" and 270lb and most people wouldn't want to see a big guy get angry (muhahaha!)

If the above happened to be I would've been like, "yo, you guys screwed up and I drove 40 minutes to get here and you ain't leaving until this is fixed" in a "very firm tone" while leaning towards them. Raising your voice very slightly will work as well, especially if there are other customers around. Nobody that works at a dealership wants a scene - use that to your advantage
Old 08-22-2001, 05:14 PM

Work Experience

After working in a supermarket, I learned some tricks of the trade and understood how to get great customer service at a supermarket -- just b!tch and moan until you get your way, and if the checker gives you any trouble, call the manager... if any of the customers in line get frustrated say in a loud, clear voice "I can't believe you're making all of these people wait!"

I learned that in a supermarket, ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO B!TCH.

Similarly,

If anyone's worked at a car dealership, perhaps they could clue us in to some of the ways to push dealers' buttons! Seriously, it would be a great memo for all of us car buyers!
Old 08-23-2001, 08:03 AM

Re: Re: Good Dealer Experience

Originally posted by SteVTEC
I had a good experience with my Honda dealership as well, only I was actually buying a Honda there

As for these retard dealerships that treat you like crap, I would NEVER ever let them push me around like that. Sometimes you just need to be a little "proactive" about things to let them know who's boss (YOU!!!) It helps to be big, too - I'm 6'3" and 270lb and most people wouldn't want to see a big guy get angry (muhahaha!)

If the above happened to be I would've been like, "yo, you guys screwed up and I drove 40 minutes to get here and you ain't leaving until this is fixed" in a "very firm tone" while leaning towards them. Raising your voice very slightly will work as well, especially if there are other customers around. Nobody that works at a dealership wants a scene - use that to your advantage
Actually the second day went I went it to get it fixed I was standing in fron of the door waiting for them to unlock it and came in right a 9 when they open and told some guy what I needed done. He asked like two people and comes back like well they are very busy right now so I dont know if this will go through. I told him I was not leaving here without it taken care of and if neccesary would sit at his desk until he was ready to find someone because I was tired of the dealership and then SUPRISE SUPRISE he found someone able to do it.

SuDZ
Old 08-23-2001, 08:10 AM

Re: Good Dealer Experience

Originally posted by melanthius
I bought my 2000 Maxima GXE at Miller Honda, which is in Culver City on Washington Blvd.

First of all, it's a Nissan I was buying from a Honda dealer, and the guy was pretty knowledgable beyond what I already knew about the car. I told him I saw the ad in the LA Times and I was interested in the car, so he took me for a test drive.

The car drove great, as you all know... much better than the accord. Then we went back into his cubicle, where we talked about the price of the car. I said, "here's the price in the paper $17,900" and they gave me NO trouble. There was no "let me ask my manager about that price" or "that price is for a vehicle with a different VIN number".

17,900 for a GXE? Yikes !!!!

15,900 here with 20,000 miles - came with C&C, though .. :-)
Old 08-23-2001, 09:33 AM

Poor Dealer Experience...before the purchase

I had a 100% poor dealer experience! Check out this response I got when shopping for the best price from Hamilton Nissan. From no less then the General
Sales Manager Mr.Hamilton himself!

snip-------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your inquiry concerning our new Maximas. It is
our goal to provide you with a hassle free internet shopping experience.
Since your name and phone numbers are a joke I guess this will be our only
communication. Why don't you get a life instead of wasting a lot of people's
time! Most importantly,we are here to help you
with ANY information that can help you in your buying decision.
snip-------------------------------------------------------

Guess he didn't believe I was Rude.
Old 08-23-2001, 11:30 AM

Re: Re: Good Dealer Experience

Originally posted by eortiz15

17,900 for a GXE? Yikes !!!!

15,900 here with 20,000 miles - came with C&C, though .. :-)

Wha'choo talking about ?!

First of all, My car only had 6,000 miles on it. So your engine is over 3 times "older" regardless of when it was built.

Plus, I also have the comfort & convenience package, floor mats, and 6-disc trunk changer. And it was still worth it for the good customer service.

According to KBB (fairly accurate) I was getting lower than trade-in value. so there.

But that's still a good deal for you, even though someone must've drivin' the HELL out of your car whereas my car was driven for someone's short commute to work.

Also, you can tell by the mileage that my car didn't get a lot of freeway driving for the break-in period, whereas yours may have. That's bad for a young engine. You got a lower price, but getting a 1 year used car with 6000 miles is awesome.
Old 08-23-2001, 11:51 AM

Sorry to hear about the bad service. At least you know what to do next time.
Old 08-24-2001, 10:22 AM

Re: Re: Re: Good Dealer Experience

Yes, I know your car only has 6k miles. I can read your
sig every time you post. The whole .org knows what a great
deal you got. You just keep talking about it

My engine is not 3 times "older" than you. The previous
owner was my friend and he did not have the luck to live
close to work. He "broke-in" the car by Nissan's standards.
It's not good to assume things without knowing the facts.

And please let's not get into a p i s s i n g contest.
It ain't cool
Old 08-24-2001, 11:23 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Re: Re: Re: Good Dealer Experience

Originally posted by melanthius
First of all, My car only had 6,000 miles on it. So your engine is over 3 times "older" regardless of when it was built.

So how much crack do you smoke in a day? Perhaps you should put the pipe down occasionally....

You act as if his car had 150,000 miles and yours had 50,000.....if that were the case, then yes it is a difference. 20k to your 6k ain't jack, especially with an engine that can go 200k easy when properly maintenanced.

Conclusion: Your contention is ignorant of modern engine design.

Plus, I also have the comfort & convenience package, floor mats, and 6-disc trunk changer. And it was still worth it for the good customer service.

According to KBB (fairly accurate) I was getting lower than trade-in value. so there.

Woop-de-doo.

My 99 listed for $25,000 including destination. I paid $17,900 for it....brand new....and your car was 6000 times "older" than mine.

But that's still a good deal for you, even though someone must've drivin' the HELL out of your car whereas my car was driven for someone's short commute to work.

So, you monitored the day to day driving of BOTH these vehicles. How did you manage to do that? How do you know EVERY single mile that was traveled and how hard/soft it was driven?

Also, you can tell by the mileage that my car didn't get a lot of freeway driving for the break-in period, whereas yours may have. That's bad for a young engine. You got a lower price, but getting a 1 year used car with 6000 miles is awesome.
I'm still puzzled as to why you think your Minima is so high and mighty......Are you that insecure that you have to measure yourself by what kind of car deal you got?
Old 08-24-2001, 11:24 AM

did I here p i s s i n g contest?

I bought my 2000 Max one year ago for $16k with about 12k miles on it if I recall. Still think I could have done better. (and kept more money for Mods)

Old 08-24-2001, 11:31 AM

Re: did I here p i s s i n g contest?

Originally posted by RUDE MAX
I bought my 2000 Max one year ago for $16k with about 12k miles on it if I recall. Still think I could have done better. (and kept more money for Mods)

Old 08-24-2001, 12:29 PM

SORRRRYYYYYYY

Sorry guys, I got very carried away with thinking my "Minima" was "high and mighty" Thanks for setting me straight.

Um, I also want to say that you got good deals on your cars too... and I think that's awesome! I never thought that I was better because I got a good deal,

I was just proud that I could afford the Maxima, which I REALLY wanted, but when I went to buy it a year ago, it was way out of my price range at like $24,000.

Oh yeah, and I changed my sig...nothing special, but I didn't want people to think I was bragging... I'm sorry if I do that sometimes.

To the moderator: I didn't try to make claims that I knew exactly what happened to both of these cars, but I was ACTUALLY concerned that it was a possibility that his car didn't get broken in properly due to a lot of early highway driving. You have to admit that 20,000 miles is a lot for the first year of a car, so I was concerned. But since it was his friend's car, I'm sure everything's fine.

And I laughed when you said my engine was 6000 times older than yours

Ok, now that that's all over, and there's no ****ing contest, I hope we can all be friends again...

The low-and-unmighty minima driver