5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Raced a TL-S...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2001, 02:45 PM

Hey guys, I'm back with my story. Yesterday I raced my friend's TL-S a few times and I won each and every single time. My Max was quicker off the line and I was actually able to pull about a car!!! and maintain the gap at all times, in fact in two or three occasions I was able to pull away slowly. I even let him take off before me, but his TL-S was not match for my Max.
Last but not least we went to the Highway and let it all out. I pulled away, slowly though, and continue to increase the gap to the point that I had to slow down to let him catch up. In essence, to make a long story short he accepted his defeat. Another one for the Max!!!!

--------------------------------------
Amsa
2001 Maxima SE AE 5-Speed
Canadian Edition
Sterling Mist
Old 08-24-2001, 02:52 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

This is going to end up exactly like the Max vs. CL-S debate. Auto to auto, the TL-S will win. Auto to stick, it depends on the skill of the guy driving the Maxima. The TL-S driver can't really do much but stomp on the pedal, so the race is the Maxima's to lose.
Old 08-24-2001, 02:56 PM

Nice Kill, is he auto or stick??
Old 08-24-2001, 03:02 PM

Originally posted by y2KAOSMax
Nice Kill, is he auto or stick??
----------------------------

2001 TL-S and CL-S are all Auto-Stick

amsa
Canadian Edition
Sterling Mist
Old 08-24-2001, 03:14 PM
PhatGuy

Make sure your friend posts up at the acura forums too!

Old 08-24-2001, 03:24 PM

Originally posted by PhatGuy
Make sure your friend posts up at the acura forums too!
------------------------------------
You know what? I'm not even gonna try, I just don't care. I posted the thread here because I thought you guys would like it, that's all. I don't want to start another endless and stupid discussion with TL-S guys.
I know my Max is quicker, end of story.

amsa
Canadian edition
Sterling Mist
Old 08-24-2001, 04:03 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Good kill. Who really cares what they say or think? A kill is a kill and in this case the Max came out on top

I can't wait to run into one of those guys. Everytime I see one on the road, they're not down to race. One day...

And if I do wind up losing....so friggin what?? It's not the end of the world! No one wins a damn trophy! Those guys are too close minded to realize that. If ya lose...better luck next time...thats all.
Old 08-24-2001, 04:11 PM
PhatGuy

Well we already knew the 5spd 5th gen is faster than the TL-S so I guess you were just stating the obvious. The TL-S owners don't seem to think so that post would be more relevant there IMO. What city do you live in?

Originally posted by amsa

You know what? I'm not even gonna try, I just don't care. I posted the thread here because I thought you guys would like it, that's all. I don't want to start another endless and stupid discussion with TL-S guys.
I know my Max is quicker, end of story.

amsa
Canadian edition
Sterling Mist

Old 08-24-2001, 05:18 PM

Originally posted by PhatGuy
Well we already knew the 5spd 5th gen is faster than the TL-S so I guess you were just stating the obvious. The TL-S owners don't seem to think so that post would be more relevant there IMO. What city do you live in?

I'm in Toronto.
amsa
Canadian Edition
Sterling Mist
Old 08-24-2001, 05:34 PM

good kill

its all about the experience of beating the other driver, as long as your know u won and feel good then thats all that matters. thats racing, not what others believe, just your personal experience of beating another car. good kill.
Old 08-24-2001, 08:25 PM
is invisible

Originally posted by chilltownryderz
Good kill. Who really cares what they say or think? A kill is a kill and in this case the Max came out on top

And if I do wind up losing....so friggin what??
Unfortunately I don't think that's the thought process most Maxima guys follow.
When you lose to a GTP...you bash it for its build quality. Now picture yourself in a BMW getting burned by a Max...I guess the BMW guy is entitled to the same bashing (quality of BMW vs. Maxima).
Old 08-24-2001, 09:15 PM

When I raced my best friend's 2001 SE 5-speed in my TL-S, i was able to pull 2-3 car lengths by 100 mph each time (and he is a damn good stick driver). We even switched around and he let me drive his max, while I let him drive my TL-S. It was the same result. Oh well, I guess some cars come out of the factory stronger than others.
Old 08-24-2001, 09:19 PM

Originally posted by ColgateU
When I raced my best friend's 2001 SE 5-speed in my TL-S, i was able to pull 2-3 car lengths by 100 mph each time (and he is a damn good stick driver). We even switched around and he let me drive his max, while I let him drive my TL-S. It was the same result. Oh well, I guess some cars come out of the factory stronger than others.
can you just....

SHUTUP
Old 08-24-2001, 10:17 PM
PhatGuy

Great story...stick to it!

Old 08-24-2001, 10:21 PM
PhatGuy

I haven't lost to a GTP or any BMW as of yet. Mind you no M series has been involved.

Originally posted by CoolMax

Unfortunately I don't think that's the thought process most Maxima guys follow.
When you lose to a GTP...you bash it for its build quality. Now picture yourself in a BMW getting burned by a Max...I guess the BMW guy is entitled to the same bashing (quality of BMW vs. Maxima).

Old 08-24-2001, 11:29 PM

Thats not bad! I raced a regular TL from a standing stop, i got a car length or 2 all the way up to 70, it was close. But i wouldnt think i will be faster than a type S though.

Hey guys, I'm back with my story. Yesterday I raced my friend's TL-S a few times and I won each and every single time. My Max was quicker off the line and I was actually able to pull about a car!!! and maintain the gap at all times, in fact in two or three occasions I was able to pull away slowly. I even let him take off before me, but his TL-S was not match for my Max.
Last but not least we went to the Highway and let it all out. I pulled away, slowly though, and continue to increase the gap to the point that I had to slow down to let him catch up. In essence, to make a long story short he accepted his defeat. Another one for the Max!!!!

Amsa
Canadian Edition
Sterling Mist
Old 08-25-2001, 01:57 AM

First of all, the SE has 5 fewer hp than the AE Maxima. MAYBE that contributed to your win. Second of all, to quote PhatGuy, "Great story...stick to it!"
Old 08-25-2001, 07:53 AM

Originally posted by melanthius

First of all, the SE has 5 fewer hp than the AE Maxima. MAYBE that contributed to your win. Second of all, to quote PhatGuy, "Great story...stick to it!"
------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, going through the replies, I see some mixed emotions, the truth is that I won each and every single time. Maybe my car is quicker than other Max's or maybe I am a good stick driver, maybe both..., but the truth of the matter is that I won.
I am a very conscious driver and know when to race and when not to, and I haven't lost yet. My friend thought his car was faster, I didn't.
I've raced (2) GTP's, 318 w/mods (I know, I know...), Accord V6, TL and TL-S so far.
If I lose, I'll let you guys know.
Regards,

amsa
Canadian Edition
Sterling Mist
Old 08-25-2001, 11:59 AM
4drskyline

6-speed VS 6-speed

2001 TL-S and CL-S are all Auto-Stick

Not so for 2002, though. I read somewhere that a 6-speed is going in the CL-S this fall and in the TL-S next year sometime. I think Nissan and Acura are waging war right about now. What do you guys think?

Old 08-25-2001, 01:11 PM

I have an auto Max... and I have yet to lose to a TL-S. Raced 2 so far ( the rest of the grandpas wouldn't run ). I was tied with a CL-S, and this was before my y-pipe install.
There are bound to be people ( especially the opposition ) screaming " LIER!!! " but as long as we know what we have accomplished... that is fine in my book. I they don't believe... fine... bring you $h!t and let us prove it!!! Otherwise, stop talking!
Like AznWontonboy so eliquently put it:
Originally posted by AznWontonboy

can you just....
SHUTUP
Thank you, bye bye...
Old 08-25-2001, 05:55 PM

Well did you use your 10lbs. Bottle of "secret sauce, because I have tried both, and a 5thgen auto with the same mods except NOS, and a stock type S, no comp. The S was faster. Plus not every type S is stock. Any car can be made faster.
Old 08-26-2001, 03:25 AM

"Secret Sauce" is on the "Ordered Mods" list... so no sauce in my 2 races... u r right, not every car is the same
Maybe you should try another Max. Out of my 2 races, one was with a friend of mine... so I know it is a real Type-S.
Anyway, thanks for your input.

Originally posted by TexMaximum
Well did you use your 10lbs. Bottle of "secret sauce, because I have tried both, and a 5thgen auto with the same mods except NOS, and a stock type S, no comp. The S was faster. Plus not every type S is stock. Any car can be made faster.