5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

H&R or Eibach??????????<<<<<opinions.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2000, 11:53 AM
Groundcntrl

If any of you own a set of Eibachs or H&R's I would appreciate some feedback on their performance and maybe some advice on what shocks to go with to make the best combination.

Old 10-26-2000, 12:17 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Performance = Eibachs
Better ride, and better performance over stock = H & R.

I've had to Eibach for quite a while and love how they handle. Only downside to them is ride quality. The ride is going to bruise your kidneys if you're not use to it. Since my car before the Max was stiff, the ride quality with the Eibachs wasn't so bad.
Old 10-26-2000, 05:36 PM

hey kevin

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
Performance = Eibachs
Better ride, and better performance over stock = H & R.

I've had to Eibach for quite a while and love how they handle. Only downside to them is ride quality. The ride is going to bruise your kidneys if you're not use to it. Since my car before the Max was stiff, the ride quality with the Eibachs wasn't so bad.
I got 9k miles on my maxima already, and the ride is smoother. And yes the tires have the reccommeded pressure in them. Maybe the car likes me now, so its riding softer.
Anyway , I want it softer. THere has to be some way to make it ride like a gs400. tight to the road but ride like on water. Any sprig, strut , combo that can do that?
p.s. someone lend me their digital camera, i wanna take pics
Old 10-26-2000, 06:11 PM

i've heard the h&r are really close to stock, in terms of ride quality.. i'de say go eibach if u wanna feel it.
Old 10-30-2000, 04:07 PM

I bought the H&R springs and it is a lot stiffer than my GXE springs. I had a scraping problem with the H&R springs on the front right side that was freaking me out. The bolt in the front needs washers to give it more clearance when you turn. Besides that I like them a lot. If you are a hardcore racer get the Eibach. I am not so hardcore so I bought the cheaper ones. I don't think that the Eibach's make that much of a performance difference

Old 10-30-2000, 06:15 PM

Scraping??? WTF, they are only supposed to drop it 1.5", how much did your's drop? Got any pics?

Sorry for all the questions but I was considering them, how are the stock shocks holding up? does the supension bottom out? What bolt needs the washers?

Thanks!

Originally posted by 1ST2KGXE
I bought the H&R springs and it is a lot stiffer than my GXE springs. I had a scraping problem with the H&R springs on the front right side that was freaking me out. The bolt in the front needs washers to give it more clearance when you turn. Besides that I like them a lot. If you are a hardcore racer get the Eibach. I am not so hardcore so I bought the cheaper ones. I don't think that the Eibach's make that much of a performance difference
Old 10-30-2000, 08:58 PM

The scraping that was in mine was in the right wheel area. If you put your fingers inbetween the spring and the bolts that are in the strut area, you can feel that there is only a 1 finger gap when the wheels are facing forward. Just popped the hood open, took out the bolt closest to the engine and it was worn down. We just added a few washers to the bolt to give it a little clearance for when you turn. There is no reason to take out the struts or the springs. It takes 2 minutes and then everything is fine. I really like my H&R and can't imagine having anything harsher. If you go with these, I just want to warn you of this easily correctable problem with the scraping when you turn right. I recommend these cheaper springs plus it gives you more of a drop than the Eibach's. I have 18 inch wheels and it sits perfectly with the 1.5 inch drop compared to the 1 inch of Eibach. I would say that since I am not a race car driver, I would be getting a better deal with the H&R for the price, lower drop, and performance. 95% I do not need super stiff springs.
Eibach=better performance
H&R=cheaper price, good performance, lowers car more

Old 10-30-2000, 09:09 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Re: hey kevin

Originally posted by radpp16
I got 9k miles on my maxima already, and the ride is smoother. And yes the tires have the reccommeded pressure in them. Maybe the car likes me now, so its riding softer.
Anyway , I want it softer. THere has to be some way to make it ride like a gs400. tight to the road but ride like on water. Any sprig, strut , combo that can do that?
Softer? Stay stock.
Old 10-30-2000, 09:44 PM

You know what? I would love to send in pictures of my car to show the H&R drop. Can anybody tell me how to do it?

Old 10-30-2000, 10:03 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Go to http://www.geocities.com... set up and account... upload the pictures there... link the pictures. Sound easy enough?
Old 10-31-2000, 05:48 AM

I'm interested in the drop with the H&R springs. If nothing else, e-mail the pic and I'll apply for you. mdeal@fourthrock.com
Old 11-01-2000, 12:15 AM

Re: Re: hey kevin

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
Originally posted by radpp16
Softer? Stay stock.
cut the springs, blow out the shock, very soft and floaty ride. now is anyone gonna disagree with thtat?
Old 11-01-2000, 12:34 AM
Wustylez

B&G Springs Anyone????

I heard that B&G springs for 2k max drops even more..1.6inches drop all the way around..anyone has tried it???