5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

An absolute must see!!!! ( Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2001, 06:48 PM

Looks like my webpage is up go check it out.
http://www.zapcodrivingforce.com/newpage17.htm
Theres pics of most of the sound system and the outside of the car along with the supercharger.
and check out the rest of the team while your there.
www.zapcodrivingforce.com

Feel free to say somthing.
Old 09-03-2001, 07:21 PM

Looks good man. Damn I want a supercharger!
Old 09-03-2001, 07:41 PM
My 4DSC

VERY NICE!!

You even stuck the Stillen sticker on the piping!!

hehe

Old 09-03-2001, 07:58 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Where did you get the kick panel enclosures from? They look custom, but they have the O-Logic logo on them. I could use a pair.

Nice sub and amp setup in the trunk. Where does the spare tire go?
Old 09-03-2001, 08:06 PM

Very nice! Where did you get the supercharger from? Stillen normally won't sell it to automatic equipped cars. Also, who installed it?
Old 09-03-2001, 08:16 PM

nice pics.
where's the BOV ?
Old 09-03-2001, 09:17 PM

what kind of springs you got on there bro? i like the way you have your system setup. especially the amps and the subs. sweet.
Old 09-03-2001, 09:18 PM

I'm surprised you guys are so hung up on the supercharger, i expected other questions

Tanman9: The kick panels are custom. Thats the mbquart q logo you see. And it's q logic your thinking of. The kick panel was built fully custom; the metal behind them was hacked out and the tcm or what ever was there was moved. This way there back out of the way and not bulkey. The rack in the trunk houses the subs and amps and cap. They sub section is partioned off underneath one side for the enclosure and the other for the cooling system for the amps. The tire well was glassed and sectioned. This does not allow for a spare tire but does keep the trunk usable as shown in one of the pics once the cover is on. Besides a spare would only weigh the car down needsely because in the summer i have 19"s and a spare 16" wheel don't do much when the rest are 19"s.

Paul2kgxe: I got the supercharger from avalon racing. I talked directly to stillen and they said as long as the vb mod is dun and a smaller filter is bought from k&N there is no problem. This came right from stillen. Besides they can't refuse to sell it to you legally. Either way there not gonna back the warrenty,not that they would anyway. It was installed by a pro mechanic that does mainly custom engine work. He was offended I gave him a kit, he wanted to do it all himself with an intercooler. So the intercooler is on it's way after finals.

s1rch: The bov is in my future mod list...it to will happen after finals.
Old 09-03-2001, 09:19 PM

For now it's droped with eibach's. Untill my coilovers are ready.
Originally posted by victor
what kind of springs you got on there bro? i like the way you have your system setup. especially the amps and the subs. sweet.
Old 09-03-2001, 09:24 PM

very nice... real clean, i love the trunk.
Old 09-03-2001, 09:56 PM

wow. those 19's fill in the gap nicely. i know the gap with the eibachs is small but it still fills it good.
Old 09-03-2001, 10:33 PM

PIMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by max'n out
Looks like my webpage is up go check it out.
http://www.zapcodrivingforce.com/newpage17.htm
Theres pics of most of the sound system and the outside of the car along with the supercharger.
and check out the rest of the team while your there.
www.zapcodrivingforce.com

Feel free to say somthing.
thats it

Roger
Old 09-03-2001, 11:52 PM

Very Nice...

I'm surprised with the Headunit you chose..how come no Alpine gear in your car? Have you thought about dressing up the interior with maybe a carbon fiber dash kit, or anything else?
Old 09-04-2001, 04:16 AM

emmmm emmm good!

http://www.zapcodrivingforce.com/EQ/12Mr.CHin.JPG
Old 09-04-2001, 05:47 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Hey, wait a minute!

I thought Stillen said you weren't allowed to supercharge and automatic car! Sinner!

j/k....Cool car man.
Old 09-04-2001, 07:02 AM

Originally posted by gtr_rider
emmmm emmm good!

http://www.zapcodrivingforce.com/EQ/12Mr.CHin.JPG
i agree.
Old 09-04-2001, 07:36 AM

I like everything but......

The Head unit looks a little red neck engineered in the console. I have seen worse.....but when you see a car that is as nice as yours, it sticks out like a sore thumb. The rest of your system kick azz!!! I like the 19's, they do fill the gap nicely.
Old 09-04-2001, 10:30 AM

Re: Very Nice...

Why Alpine????? Nakamichi makes 2 of the top 5 headunits out there. (cd 700& mb100) I choose the mb100 cuz i wanted 6 disk's in dash and digital output. It also comes with a 24bit da converter(not used now). Also I can put the factory face cover back over it and forget about becasue you can control volume via the 12 volt supply and track and disk change without taking the factory face back off. Ive thought about doing different things to the interior but the carbon fiber kit is to much makes it look clutered. I like the cleaner smoother look. At some point i'll rip the dash out and rebuild that anyway. Custom seats will happen at some point to.

Originally posted by Cisco
I'm surprised with the Headunit you chose..how come no Alpine gear in your car? Have you thought about dressing up the interior with maybe a carbon fiber dash kit, or anything else?
Old 09-04-2001, 10:40 AM

Re: I like everything but......

The console? are you refering to the arm rest? Thats the da converter and crossover. The head unit is built in where the old one was recesed and then the factory face was dismaintled and rebuilt as a cover for it. What's redneck about that? The da and crossover are in the armrest for tunablity also since the eq slide out of one peice racks under your legs;you can put them in your lap and never have to leave the driver seat to tune the whole car.
Originally posted by MOBOY
The Head unit looks a little red neck engineered in the console. I have seen worse.....but when you see a car that is as nice as yours, it sticks out like a sore thumb. The rest of your system kick azz!!! I like the 19's, they do fill the gap nicely.
Old 09-04-2001, 10:58 AM

Re: Re: I like everything but......

Originally posted by max'n out
The console? are you refering to the arm rest? Thats the da converter and crossover. The head unit is built in where the old one was recesed and then the factory face was dismaintled and rebuilt as a cover for it. What's redneck about that? The da and crossover are in the armrest for tunablity also since the eq slide out of one peice racks under your legs;you can put them in your lap and never have to leave the driver seat to tune the whole car.
I like the armrest console, but the metal around the head unit doesn't look the best imo....partly due to the plastic tabs from the thermo controls....but again...this is only my opinion.
Old 09-04-2001, 11:16 AM

Re: Re: Re: I like everything but......

I'm still a little confused? What metal? The silver stuff? Thats the paint. The trim was painted the same coloer as the car wherever there is a peice of equipment to highlight the equipment. The tabs hold the factory face down. If they where not there the face would fall all over the place. I'm not trying to change your mind mearly trying to understand fully, so don't take this the wrong way i know things on the net can come off wrong.
Originally posted by MOBOY

I like the armrest console, but the metal around the head unit doesn't look the best imo....partly due to the plastic tabs from the thermo controls....but again...this is only my opinion.
Old 09-04-2001, 09:28 PM

Nice system. I'd have to agree with the console area looking a tad strange. But at least it's clean.

Naks make good head units. The only thing I don't like about them is how their representatives (I have a friend who works there) have a high and mighty attitude, yet they sold out by making lower end units (not referring to yours). Sorta like Orion did years back. This has absolutely nothing to do with your system, but it's something I like to vent about.

The Zapco setup is killer! I've always been partial toward their amps, especially their Studio line. You're system must sound great! Is it properly tuned yet? If you're ever on the West Coast, I'll be sure to look for your car.
Old 09-04-2001, 09:55 PM

The whole system was built in 99 right after i bought the car, so basically the head unit was the first max head unit ever moded when there was no kit or anything ever dun. I'm still not sure what you guys are saying. Those tabs have to be there or the factory face plate would not go back over and stay on. I'd like to see um go but then it woun't stay on. Most people even at stereo shows walk by and ask why I use the factory peice. I then show them it and they lose there minds.

Your right nak did partailly sell out. But theve started to come back with the mb100 and cd700 and some other things.

Yeah the system is properly tuned. I won spring break nationals with a sound score 60 points higher than the number 2 guy.
I'd like to come out to the west for the wild west shoot out next year.

You should come to finals theres gonna be alot of hot cars there.

Originally posted by wmax2k
Nice system. I'd have to agree with the console area looking a tad strange. But at least it's clean.

Naks make good head units. The only thing I don't like about them is how their representatives (I have a friend who works there) have a high and mighty attitude, yet they sold out by making lower end units (not referring to yours). Sorta like Orion did years back. This has absolutely nothing to do with your system, but it's something I like to vent about.

The Zapco setup is killer! I've always been partial toward their amps, especially their Studio line. You're system must sound great! Is it properly tuned yet? If you're ever on the West Coast, I'll be sure to look for your car.
Old 09-04-2001, 10:37 PM

looks sweet!

Nice set up in the trunk. Did you cut your springs? My eibach springs are definately not THAT low! It looks perfect with the 19"s though!
Old 09-05-2001, 02:41 AM

Cool, so the factory face plate still covers it all.
Old 09-05-2001, 10:30 AM

Re: looks sweet!

Thanks, God no I din't cut the springs. regualer eibach's. Till the coilovers are ready.

Originally posted by Keh mon
Nice set up in the trunk. Did you cut your springs? My eibach springs are definately not THAT low! It looks perfect with the 19"s though!
Old 09-05-2001, 10:33 AM

Yup the rebuit factory face covers the acual head unit. If you click the first pic you can see it. Thats the way it looks now when you walk by it. It's not the way it wuz but the way it is and it looks the same. make sence? Also if you click the trunk pic where you don't see anything that to is the tub covered and usable as it is now.

Originally posted by TexMaximum
Cool, so the factory face plate still covers it all.
Old 09-05-2001, 04:08 PM

Who made your dummy face for your radio? I want it! Looks good bro!
Old 09-05-2001, 05:57 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mzmtg
[B]Hey, wait a minute!

I thought Stillen said you weren't allowed to supercharge and automatic car! Sinner!

Hey mzmtg, your dual exhaust just look great it is one mods that I'd like to see on my 2K1 Se, did you notice any lost of back pressure or performance ?

Thanks for any reply.

cheers

doublea
Old 09-05-2001, 08:07 PM

My installer...Matt Burns. It's one of a kind. Unless you decide to distroy your $1,000 factory radio.

Originally posted by rocketshipon19"
Who made your dummy face for your radio? I want it! Looks good bro!