5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Besy purple "hid" H4 bulbs????

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2001, 02:13 PM

Im on my 5th set of lights right now I had piaa plasmas at one time and loved em, i also had panasonic hids at one time too and loved them even more. But now i have crappy GE bulbs and dont love em. So what are the best purple bulbs available now.. I hear youngjun talking about catz but i cant find them. I dont want the catz zeta system, i assumed he is just talking about replacemtent bulbs. I found some purple bulbs on ebay for like 15 bucks that look good, but i really really liked plasmas... What bulbs are just like plasmas now?

Adam
Old 09-05-2001, 03:17 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by 2000MaximaSE
Im on my 5th set of lights right now I had piaa plasmas at one time and loved em, i also had panasonic hids at one time too and loved them even more. But now i have crappy GE bulbs and dont love em. So what are the best purple bulbs available now.. I hear youngjun talking about catz but i cant find them. I dont want the catz zeta system, i assumed he is just talking about replacemtent bulbs. I found some purple bulbs on ebay for like 15 bucks that look good, but i really really liked plasmas... What bulbs are just like plasmas now?

Adam
One question WHY DID YOU SELL THE HID KIT???? I would never go back to regular bulbs, once you see the "LIGHT" you never go back!!!!

Dixit
Old 09-05-2001, 03:35 PM

Catz Zeta kit is usually on sale at Ebay for around 200.00 bucks. The bulbs can be gotten www.autobulbdepot.com and are not as purple as the Super Plasma Piaa's. The Zeta kit is an amplifier, of a sort, and boosts bulb power but I have heard that is decreases bulb life do to added power. Good luck....
Old 09-05-2001, 03:46 PM

Originally posted by killrwheels
Catz Zeta kit is usually on sale at Ebay for around 200.00 bucks. The bulbs can be gotten www.autobulbdepot.com and are not as purple as the Super Plasma Piaa's. The Zeta kit is an amplifier, of a sort, and boosts bulb power but I have heard that is decreases bulb life do to added power. Good luck....
UMMMM HELL NO do not buy a Catz Zeta kit, I was an authorized dealer for MD and sold about 10 of them on eBay until I noticed when I installed one myself on how PATHETIC the light that comes out of it is. I mean all the kit does is INCREASE the nominal voltage from 12V to a constant 14.4Volts which creates more brightness. BUT ALSO at the same time burning out the bulb quicker because it burns hotter. This kit is no where near worth the $200, keep the money for another mod. The worst kit sold yet. And no I dont sell them anymore cause of the crappy item it is.

Dixit
Old 09-05-2001, 04:04 PM

Originally posted by BigDogJonx

One question WHY DID YOU SELL THE HID KIT???? I would never go back to regular bulbs, once you see the "LIGHT" you never go back!!!!

Dixit
I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know , Im trippen now, i miss them soooo much. And with my new shift at work i go in really early in the morning so its dark out and i have ****ty GE's to guide my way... I noticed your selling your panasonics on ebay.. Wanna hook me up man? please please please, im desperate for hids again...

p.s. i sold them to buy a computer...and no i regret it
Old 09-05-2001, 05:04 PM

[spam]

Sounds like a review for http://www.maximaproducts.f2s.com!

And since you are no longer a dealer, it's okay for you to post a review about the product!

[/spam]

Originally posted by BigDogJonx
UMMMM HELL NO do not buy a Catz Zeta kit, I was an authorized dealer for MD and sold about 10 of them on eBay until I noticed when I installed one myself on how PATHETIC the light that comes out of it is. I mean all the kit does is INCREASE the nominal voltage from 12V to a constant 14.4Volts which creates more brightness. BUT ALSO at the same time burning out the bulb quicker because it burns hotter. This kit is no where near worth the $200, keep the money for another mod. The worst kit sold yet. And no I dont sell them anymore cause of the crappy item it is.

Dixit
Old 09-05-2001, 05:30 PM

Originally posted by 2000MaximaSE

I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know , Im trippen now, i miss them soooo much. And with my new shift at work i go in really early in the morning so its dark out and i have ****ty GE's to guide my way... I noticed your selling your panasonics on ebay.. Wanna hook me up man? please please please, im desperate for hids again...

p.s. i sold them to buy a computer...and no i regret it
I would love to sell them, but with eBay's rules, I cannot sell to you now, I have to sell to the highest bidder.

Bid on the SparkoTech ones, they are the same thing.

Dixit
Old 09-05-2001, 11:02 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

here's a scandalous. have him be the winning bidder. just charge him a lower price than the winning bit. then positive feedback for all. evyerone happy!