5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

COUNT ME IN as 4th for HID INSTALL!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2001, 11:38 PM

First it was BigDog, then Y2Kev, then SERIN (are you turkish by the way?) and now me. I imagine anyone else doing this mod would be a member of this board, so its safe to say we are the first four people in the country to have the 2K2 mod on the 2K1 Maximas!!!

Let me tell you this mod raises the car to another level. Really gives it some prestige and respect by other drivers, let alone the look of the lights during the daytime.

I chose to do the longer more indepth install as demonstrated by Y2Kev. I will post pictures tomorrow and few new things that I think could illustrate the install a little better. I too am waiting for the 2K2 clip to come in. Out of the box, they were perfectly aligned (actually much better and straighter than the stock ones.) I just got my maxima a week ago and already did a significant mod.

It was fun as hell though.

I still have a set of lights for 675 for both sides. If anyone is interested, email me and well arrange something.

ALso, if anyone needs the harness numbers, I have those too.
and pictures of all the parts and accessories that are needed.

Time: 3.5 hours
Sources: Y2Kevs write-up

Dr.Omed
Old 09-09-2001, 11:39 PM

congrates
Old 09-09-2001, 11:56 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by DrOmed
First it was BigDog, then Y2Kev, then SERIN (are you turkish by the way?) and now me. I imagine anyone else doing this mod would be a member of this board, so its safe to say we are the first four people in the country to have the 2K2 mod on the 2K1 Maximas!!!

Let me tell you this mod raises the car to another level. Really gives it some prestige and respect by other drivers, let alone the look of the lights during the daytime.

I chose to do the longer more indepth install as demonstrated by Y2Kev. I will post pictures tomorrow and few new things that I think could illustrate the install a little better. I too am waiting for the 2K2 clip to come in. Out of the box, they were perfectly aligned (actually much better and straighter than the stock ones.) I just got my maxima a week ago and already did a significant mod.

I still have a set of lights for 675 for both sides. If anyone is interested, email me and well arrange something.

Dr.Omed
I am sure you mean ICE and not Y2Kev.
I know you'll love them.
Old 09-10-2001, 12:11 AM

Yeah, youre right!!

Thanks for the fix, all this time ive been calling him y2Kev!!

P.S. Are one of our HID's brighter than the other? Id like response from the other modders. Or are they both equally bright?

Dr.Omed
Old 09-10-2001, 12:17 AM

Re: Yeah, youre right!!

Thanks for the fix, all this time ive been calling him y2Kev!!

P.S. Are one of our HID's brighter than the other? Id like response from the other modders. Or are they both equally bright?

Dr.Omed
they look the same to me. but i did bigdog's procedure.
Old 09-10-2001, 12:19 AM

speaking of y2kev, wasn't he getting his HIDs by this weekend? i wonder if he's done it yet. and if so what neat little twists he put into the install.
then again, he may have spent the whole weekend working on his tranny.
Old 09-10-2001, 06:19 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Originally posted by serin
...he may have spent the whole weekend working on his tranny.
Old 09-10-2001, 08:06 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

speaking of y2kev, wasn't he getting his HIDs by this weekend? i wonder if he's done it yet. and if so what neat little twists he put into the install.
then again, he may have spent the whole weekend working on his tranny.
I'm in the middle of moving to a new place, but I did bolt up the HIDs onto the car. Let me tell you this... THEY MAKE THE CAR LOOK VERY, VERY, VERY AGGRESSIVE. I don't have internet connectivity at the new place, but maybe I will take some pictures tonight and attach them to a post tomorrow.

BTW, my tranny is still fine.
Old 09-10-2001, 02:48 PM

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

I'm in the middle of moving to a new place, but I did bolt up the HIDs onto the car. Let me tell you this... THEY MAKE THE CAR LOOK VERY, VERY, VERY AGGRESSIVE. I don't have internet connectivity at the new place, but maybe I will take some pictures tonight and attach them to a post tomorrow.

BTW, my tranny is still fine.

good to hear bout the tranny. and i'll be keeping an eye out for your new sig.

so are you still in the bay area???
Old 09-10-2001, 03:59 PM

Sold the HIDs?

DUDE!!! Please tell me you have not sold those HIDs yet!!

I sent you a PM, if you still have them consider them sold!

Shoot me an email so we can work out how I get the money to ya.

Thanks in advance,

Derek Abart

derekabart@yahoo.com

Dr.Omed
Old 09-11-2001, 06:56 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

good to hear bout the tranny. and i'll be keeping an eye out for your new sig.

so are you still in the bay area???
Yup, still in the Bay Area. Are you planning on visiting the area soon?
Old 09-11-2001, 02:29 PM

First it was BigDog, then Y2Kev, then SERIN (are you turkish by the way?) and now me.
Dr.Omed
I believe Icey2k (I hope that i got it right) was one of the first to do it only Big Dog was the 1st I believe to figure out how to fit the lights and figure how to make them work. You are probably the fifth, in any case please don't take this as a flame just want to give props to the two that set it off, Ice and Dixit. Just giving credit to the two who did write ups. Anyways, how many wires have to be spliced. I was hoping there would be a harness that would make it so no wires would have to be spliced.
Old 09-11-2001, 03:27 PM

Dr.Omed [/B]
I would love to know what parts & accessories you needed. I just ordered my HID units for $201 a side. They're supposed to be in tomorrow. I'm hoping all will arrive okay considering the $$ increase. Fortunately my dealer still had old prices. But since I couldn't get them from Dave, I'm not sure what else I'm going to need!
Old 09-11-2001, 03:34 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

That's a great price!!! Which dealer did you get it from?

Originally posted by xydavid

I would love to know what parts & accessories you needed. I just ordered my HID units for $201 a side. They're supposed to be in tomorrow. I'm hoping all will arrive okay considering the $$ increase. Fortunately my dealer still had old prices. But since I couldn't get them from Dave, I'm not sure what else I'm going to need!
Old 09-11-2001, 11:22 PM

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

Yup, still in the Bay Area. Are you planning on visiting the area soon?
naw. just curious. it'd be worth it tho just to check out your car and pick your brain.
Old 09-12-2001, 06:51 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

naw. just curious. it'd be worth it tho just to check out your car and pick your brain.
My brain is tired and it doesn't like being picked.

If you ever do come by, just drop me a PM and we'll work something out.