5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

2001 Maxima Electical ESM? Anyone got it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2001, 04:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

2001 Maxima Electical ESM? Anyone got it?

I got the whole 2000 Maxima Electronic Service Manual, but I know there were some changes in the 2001 Maxima as far as electrical goes.

Anyone got the new 2001 ESM? If you do, can you possibly upload or give me JUST the Electrical PDF file? I need to check some things out on how to do a alarm re-wire for the HIDs and some other things.

Anyone, let me know, I got an FTP you can upload it to, I need this file. This 2000 One is incorrect for my car.
Old 10-06-2001, 04:38 PM

Re: 2001 Maxima Electical ESM? Anyone got it?

Originally posted by BigDogJonx
I got the whole 2000 Maxima Electronic Service Manual, but I know there were some changes in the 2001 Maxima as far as electrical goes.

Anyone got the new 2001 ESM? If you do, can you possibly upload or give me JUST the Electrical PDF file? I need to check some things out on how to do a alarm re-wire for the HIDs and some other things.

Anyone, let me know, I got an FTP you can upload it to, I need this file. This 2000 One is incorrect for my car.
I don't have one, but would you mind sharing the PDF of the 2K manual. I got a 2K se. Much thanx if you can.
Old 10-06-2001, 04:42 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

What have you found to be wrong?
Old 10-06-2001, 04:52 PM

Re: Re: 2001 Maxima Electical ESM? Anyone got it?

Originally posted by IceY2K1

What have you found to be wrong?
Well the SMART Entrance Control Unit, The wiring codes and colors are different. I wanted to cut the HORN CHIRP wire so it does not CHIRP when I arm the car. It says on the 2000 ESM, the GREEN/White Wire is the one. THERE IS NO GREEN/White Wire on any of the THREE plugs.

And yes, I do know I can make the horn silent by turning it off with the remote, but if I do that, then my turnsignals no longer blink to notify me that the car was locked or unlocked. That only seems to happen when I turn HORN on with the remote. I dont like the Horn Chirp, so I thought why not just cut the bastard.
Old 10-06-2001, 04:53 PM

Originally posted by woosh

I don't have one, but would you mind sharing the PDF of the 2K manual. I got a 2K se. Much thanx if you can.
I would love to share it with you except the fact that the ESM in PDF is about 50megs, aint no way I am emailing that.
Old 10-06-2001, 05:18 PM

Re: Re: Re: 2001 Maxima Electical ESM? Anyone got it?

Well the SMART Entrance Control Unit, The wiring codes and colors are different. I wanted to cut the HORN CHIRP wire so it does not CHIRP when I arm the car. It says on the 2000 ESM, the GREEN/White Wire is the one. THERE IS NO GREEN/White Wire on any of the THREE plugs.

And yes, I do know I can make the horn silent by turning it off with the remote, but if I do that, then my turnsignals no longer blink to notify me that the car was locked or unlocked. That only seems to happen when I turn HORN on with the remote. I dont like the Horn Chirp, so I thought why not just cut the bastard.
I too couldn't stand the HORN chirp.

If you switch the mode it flashes when you ARM, but doesn't when you DISARM. When you DISARM you hear the locks activate, so I don't need the flashes.
Old 10-06-2001, 05:24 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: 2001 Maxima Electical ESM? Anyone got it?

I too couldn't stand the HORN chirp.

If you switch the mode it flashes when you ARM, but doesn't when you DISARM. When you DISARM you hear the locks activate, so I don't need the flashes.
Yeap, I however NEED the flashes, just like to see it visually so I know instead of listening very closely to hear whether the locks unlocked or not.

I will cut that bastard of a wire tommorow with the alarm fix, I would do it now, but 8:30pm, pitch black outside, and I aint got a good flashlight or tube light to help me. It can wait till tommorow anyways.
Old 10-06-2001, 05:30 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2001 Maxima Electical ESM? Anyone got it?

Yeap, I however NEED the flashes, just like to see it visually so I know instead of listening very closely to hear whether the locks unlocked or not.

I will cut that bastard of a wire tommorow with the alarm fix, I would do it now, but 8:30pm, pitch black outside, and I aint got a good flashlight or tube light to help me. It can wait till tommorow anyways.
I guess you don't mind the (2)wussy little horns. If you cut the horn you will have only (1)little wussy horn.

Not a big deal if you UPGRADE to some HELLA horns. Damn, I almost made two cars run off the road when they moved over on me and I let em have it. Now that I have some extra relays, I'm going to UP the amperage available and mount BOTH behind the grill. Now we're talk'n.
Old 10-06-2001, 05:36 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2001 Maxima Electical ESM? Anyone got it?

I guess you don't mind the (2)wussy little horns. If you cut the horn you will have only (1)little wussy horn.

Not a big deal if you UPGRADE to some HELLA horns. Damn, I almost made two cars run off the road when they moved over on me and I let em have it. Now that I have some extra relays, I'm going to UP the amperage available and mount BOTH behind the grill. Now we're talk'n.
Does it sound like a BOAT Horn? I had one of those on my Mercedes, man it sounded like a boat though.

BTW, you looking at all this from a 2000 or a 2001 ESM???
Old 10-06-2001, 05:46 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2001 Maxima Electical ESM? Anyone got it?

Does it sound like a BOAT Horn? I had one of those on my Mercedes, man it sounded like a boat though.

BTW, you looking at all this from a 2000 or a 2001 ESM???
Not a boat horn. It's more of a MID sounding horn. It's not a DEEP caddy sound nor a high wussy Honda sound. It's nice.

The EL-section of the ESM is the 2000.
Old 10-06-2001, 08:46 PM

I made mine silent cause the lights still flash and I didn't like the horn, and in case I didn't hit the unlock button, I just hit it again. =)
Old 10-07-2001, 12:31 AM

I have NO idea what the hell you're talking about!!! When I disabe my horn chirp with the remote, my lights still blink when I arm the car. Please explain...

ADMAN
Old 10-07-2001, 12:35 AM

Originally posted by adman
I have NO idea what the hell you're talking about!!! When I disabe my horn chirp with the remote, my lights still blink when I arm the car. Please explain...

ADMAN
Yes you are right, but when you un-arm or hit the unlock button on the remote, IT DOES NOT BLINK the turnsignals. It will only unlock the car and turn the dome light on.

I want it do still BLINK the turnsignals when I unlock the joint. This is where the best thing to do is cut the bastard wire. Plus no one wants to hear that ***** *** horn EVERYTIME I arm the car. I mean half the time people look at me, cause they think I am horning them or something.
Old 10-07-2001, 01:08 AM

Re: Re: Re: 2001 Maxima Electical ESM? Anyone got it?

Yes you are right, but when you un-arm or hit the unlock button on the remote, IT DOES NOT BLINK the turnsignals. It will only unlock the car and turn the dome light on.

I want it do still BLINK the turnsignals when I unlock the joint. This is where the best thing to do is cut the bastard wire. Plus no one wants to hear that ***** *** horn EVERYTIME I arm the car. I mean half the time people look at me, cause they think I am horning them or something.
Hey BigDog, If you have a high speed connection we could transfer the 2K ESM through AIM or ftp. I'm also sure Kev probably would mind hosting it in the stickies somewhere. You can IM if u r ok with it.
Old 10-07-2001, 01:11 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: 2001 Maxima Electical ESM? Anyone got it?

Originally posted by woosh

Hey BigDog, If you have a high speed connection we could transfer the 2K ESM through AIM or ftp. I'm also sure Kev probably would mind hosting it in the stickies somewhere. You can IM if u r ok with it.
Yeah we could transfer it, but I dont think AIM is the way to go...... This will take at least 3hrs since my upload speed aint all that fast.

And I dont think Kev would want to host this since he could be held liable for freely distributing a copyrighted product by nissan which costs over $300.
Old 10-07-2001, 01:26 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2001 Maxima Electical ESM? Anyone got it?

Yeah we could transfer it, but I dont think AIM is the way to go...... This will take at least 3hrs since my upload speed aint all that fast.

And I dont think Kev would want to host this since he could be held liable for freely distributing a copyrighted product by nissan which costs over $300.
Is there any way that you can think of transfering the file? If you have high speed from work, you could AIM or ftp it from there. U could also FTP it to my machine if you wish.