5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Side marker question....

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2001, 08:28 AM

Side marker question....

Ok folks....I bought the stuff I needed to do the side marker rewire. The front went great...but the back side marker gave me a fit for about 10 minutes until I gave up. This is what I did....

for the back, take the back panel apart to access the rear lights and basically connect the TURN SIGNAL light's BLACK wire with the SIDEMARKER's black wire in the same fashion as you did in the front. (cut SM black, wrap end going into car, buttconnect with new wire and splice/tap into rear TS black. wrap and put together.)

Sounds easy enough.....but the one that I tried hooking up doesn't blink. It just lights up like normal. Did I do something wrong? I rechecked my connections a couple of times....this is not rocket science.....**** there is only four wires and you only have to mess with two of them.....I am ashamed!

BTW....I took a lot of pictures of this proceedure and will make a good write up when I get done....nothing like some good pictures to look at!
Old 10-09-2001, 08:39 PM
You're Faster, I'm Better

I ran into the same problem with mine. You are incorrect in assuming it is the black wire. It is the SOLID GREEN wire from the blinker bulb holder thingamabob. The SOLID GREEN wire goes to the BLACK wire on the rear marker bulbs. You are lucky, mine did not come on after I mis-wired it the first time. I had popped a fuse, so you might want to check all your fuses after you are finished just to be sure.
Old 10-09-2001, 09:07 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Side marker question....

Originally posted by MOBOY
Ok folks....I bought the stuff I needed to do the side marker rewire. The front went great...but the back side marker gave me a fit for about 10 minutes until I gave up. This is what I did....

for the back, take the back panel apart to access the rear lights and basically connect the TURN SIGNAL light's BLACK wire with the SIDEMARKER's black wire in the same fashion as you did in the front. (cut SM black, wrap end going into car, buttconnect with new wire and splice/tap into rear TS black. wrap and put together.)

Sounds easy enough.....but the one that I tried hooking up doesn't blink. It just lights up like normal. Did I do something wrong? I rechecked my connections a couple of times....this is not rocket science.....**** there is only four wires and you only have to mess with two of them.....I am ashamed!

BTW....I took a lot of pictures of this proceedure and will make a good write up when I get done....nothing like some good pictures to look at!
Good for the writeup, I wanna do it to the back of my car also. Just been busy with this freagin alarm fix on the 2k2hids.
Old 10-09-2001, 10:19 PM

Wiring your lights

How about leaving your wiring to a professional,obviously you aren't doing it right.
Old 10-09-2001, 10:36 PM
You're Faster, I'm Better

Whoaa dude, chill out. If we all had the kindof money to have our cars rewired the way we like it we probably would not be needing advice. That is what this board is all about. You might want to switch to decaff, or lay off of the vivarin's.
Old 10-09-2001, 11:14 PM

Re: Wiring your lights

Originally posted by maddmaxx
How about leaving your wiring to a professional,obviously you aren't doing it right.
goway
Old 10-10-2001, 05:22 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

First of all a professional WOULD NOT wire the car the way we are on this re-wire system, cause according to them, this is increasing load on the turn signals and that crap THEY THINK.
Old 10-10-2001, 07:01 AM

Originally posted by Rob'sAE
I ran into the same problem with mine. You are incorrect in assuming it is the black wire. It is the SOLID GREEN wire from the blinker bulb holder thingamabob. The SOLID GREEN wire goes to the BLACK wire on the rear marker bulbs. You are lucky, mine did not come on after I mis-wired it the first time. I had popped a fuse, so you might want to check all your fuses after you are finished just to be sure.
I will have to try that tonight when I get home! Thanks for posting that....I was thinking I was the only one the saw that write up and made the mistake. I will take a lot more pictures and update that damn sticky thread that cause me all of this grief!